Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 08:21 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,230 times

Advertisements

Hi friends! I'm wondering if I could request a special favor from all of you regulars here in these Missouri forums. As you know, my wife and I are planning to follow in many of your footsteps by moving from California to Missouri within the next 6 to 9 months (give or take), and to St. Joseph in particular. A regular contributor to the St. Joe forums, StJoeFanatic, has been an invaluable help in providing me with key information about the city, and has even gone so far as to help me with some employment leads.

StJoeFanatic has put her house up for sale, and earlier today she wrote the following in the current St. Joe forum:

"Well, I have an update on that very topic: For the past month and a half, I have been in e-mail correspondence with a couple from another state in regards to our house. They were asking all the "right" questions...like, can the fireplace be switched from wood burning to gas? What kind of material is the upstairs tub made out of? Is there an area in the yard where we can fence in our dog? How deep is the sink in the kitchen? You know, the kind of questions a person wants answers to when they are serious and have already gotten the "basics" of the house (sq ft, bed/bath, upgrades, etc)

"So anyway, it seemed like a possibility until about 3 weeks ago, when she sent word that their situation had changed, and they were not going to be able to move as soon as they thought, maybe not even this year or next, so she was heartbroken and very sorry, but it was over.

"Now, keep in mind, they had never been to the house to see it...however, they are VERY familiar with the exterior and the neighborhood, as they use to live here right up the street and had always admired this house from a far. Plus, I sent her about 40 additional interior photos of things women require in a home, such as large closets, pantry space, etc... and men's things like the workshop, garage, etc.

"Forward to yesterday. I get word that they will fly in next Friday to see the house and that they are sending relatives over this Sunday to our Open House to see it. (Another relative has already been here to "check it out" about a month ago).

"Please, please, please cross your fingers for us. We are so due for some good news for a change." (END)

In short, this is about the brightest prospect StJoeFanatic has had since originally putting her house up for sale (she'll be moving to a different place right in town). Though we've never met face-to-face, we've become friends here just as I've had the pleasure and privilege of getting to know you guys via these forums. Recently, StJoeFanatic has had to drop the price on her house.

So....I'm stepping out in faith and asking all of you to join with me in praying for this situation. It will be such a relief for her, to say the least, if these potential buyers do in fact decide to purchase it. It's a wonderful house located close to St. Joseph's famed 26-mile parkway, in a great part of town. Please pray, cross your fingers, think good thoughts--whatever you're comfortable doing. It would really mean a lot to me if you'd spend a little time, especially this coming Sunday during her open house, and again on Friday 8/17 when the potential buyers themselves will look at the house, to keep all of them in your thoughts. StJoeFanatic really needs as many intercessors as possible right now. We would be thrilled beyond words if her house sells before I make my trip back there next month!

Heartfelt thanks to all of you for taking the time to read this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 08:33 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Hi friends! Please pray, cross your fingers, think good thoughts--whatever you're comfortable doing. It would really mean a lot to me if you'd spend a little time, especially this coming Sunday during her open house, and again on Friday 8/17 when the potential buyers themselves will look at the house, to keep all of them in your thoughts.
NBEric...I'll do all three...pray, cross digits, think good thoughts.
OOOOOOOOMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...: cool:

Old 08-10-2007, 08:37 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,230 times
There you go; please keep it up, we just want StJoeFanatic to not have to spend so much time and energy keeping her place in pristine condition the way she has, trying to attract a buyer; we just want to see that glorious SOLD sign in front of her place once and for ALL!

Lake Junkie, you RULE!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:54 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Default The Power beyond Us.

C'mon...ladies & friends!
Let's put some OOOHHHHMMMMM into it!
You'ns who pray...PRAY!
You'ns who chant...CHANT!
Youn's who think good thoughts...think 'em NOW!

Old 08-10-2007, 09:12 PM

129 posts, read 478,103 times
Default i will also do the same

hi i am on board I will also pray cross my fingers etc...
God Bless keep the the faith I know it will happen. Don't get discourage.
God will bless her
Icelady

Old 08-10-2007, 09:26 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Hi everyone. I'll be thinking and crossing just about everything and praying for them. some day I may ask the same for a couple that own a home that has been listed for 9 months!!! Only 3 lookers, but that is a topic for another day, I know.

Meanwhile, StJoefanatic is in my prayers this eve. and all day Sat. while I am at the R.E. office. and Sunday. I do wish you the best and so much good luck to y ou. And thanks, northbayeric for being so kind and thoughtful. What a dear friend you are.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:42 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,634,833 times
doing all I can from here for them

just saw this:

St. Joseph For Selling A House

Last edited by da jammer; 08-10-2007 at 10:04 PM..

Old 08-10-2007, 09:45 PM

871 posts, read 1,985,286 times
Bentaxle is on board also. I will be praying for StJoe to sell that home and thanking my good Lord for it.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:41 PM

430 posts, read 1,264,108 times
Wink Worked for us.....3 times!

I know, silly and totally weird, but this has worked for us not once, but 3 times when we felt we would never get rid of these places. Find a small statue of St. Joseph, put him in a baggie, and bury him upside down and facing AWAY from your home....your house will sell....pray and promise a percentage of your sale to a good cause or your church.....be sure to dig him up when you've closed and put him in a place of honor in your house...

Oh, and I will add them to my prayer list too

Old 08-11-2007, 04:27 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Default When the Saints come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Nana View Post
I know, silly and totally weird, but this has worked for us not once, but 3 times when we felt we would never get rid of these places. Find a small statue of St. Joseph, put him in a baggie, and bury him upside down and facing AWAY from your home....your house will sell....pray and promise a percentage of your sale to a good cause or your church.....be sure to dig him up when you've closed and put him in a place of honor in your house...

Oh, and I will add them to my prayer list too
Oh yes, as a Realtor, have done this many times. Sometimes it worked and other times not . I think that I have a few still out there, somewhere. You must remember where in the heck yu buried St. Joe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri