Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 09:28 AM

3 posts, read 4,828 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We recently moved to Missouri from another state. We had a place to rent but it all fell through because the place was seriously infested with cockroaches. (if the terminator was disturbed you know how bad it must be). Anyway, so now we are looking for some place in Crocker or Iberia. But it seems not a lot of people advertise online or in the newspaper. Most of it is by word of mouth. Any ideas or help? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 12:49 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg83 View Post
Hi,

We recently moved to Missouri from another state. We had a place to rent but it all fell through because the place was seriously infested with cockroaches. (if the terminator was disturbed you know how bad it must be). Anyway, so now we are looking for some place in Crocker or Iberia. But it seems not a lot of people advertise online or in the newspaper. Most of it is by word of mouth. Any ideas or help? Thanks!
Hmm, try closer to Columbia or Jefferson City. Is there any reason why you are looking in towns that small in the Ozarks?

Old 07-30-2011, 10:03 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,561,578 times
I agree with Granite. It sounds like you need a job. You should stick around close to the cities. You're going to have a difficult time finding a job in Crocker or Iberia. You'd have to work in Waynesville-St. Robert and there aren't a lot of jobs there, either. Try Kansas City.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:26 PM

200 posts, read 447,452 times
Unless you've already got the job and thats why you were moving in the first place...

Old 08-01-2011, 08:19 AM

223 posts, read 334,275 times
I'd just start talking to everybody I run into everywhere I go. If it's word-of-mouth, then that's the way to do it.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:38 AM

3 posts, read 4,828 times
Very unlike Michigan. Everyone in Michigan uses technology like posting on the internet. This word of mouth is a huge pain. But yeah, husband got a job before we even moved down. I found some by calling City Hall other than that nothing.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:34 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,561,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg83 View Post
Very unlike Michigan. Everyone in Michigan uses technology like posting on the internet. This word of mouth is a huge pain. But yeah, husband got a job before we even moved down. I found some by calling City Hall other than that nothing.
We love hearing how things are done in the states newcomers have just left. We love hearing how the way it's done back home is better and how we do it here in Missouri is a pain. Please tell us more.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:59 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,306 posts, read 8,652,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
We love hearing how things are done in the states newcomers have just left. We love hearing how the way it's done back home is better and how we do it here in Missouri is a pain. Please tell us more.
Well dagnabit Ozark Boy,
I thought you had finally been convinced that bango and fiddle playing hillbillies need to be more progressive and open to change. As more and more of us Caliyforiegners and other progressive minded people move in, we are bound to want to change your way of life to the better way that we are running away from. I can't wait for Missouri to tell me when I can and can't have a fire in my fireplace, that I can only water the lawn on even days and even more importantly become a sanctuary state for millions of poor "undocumented workers" because they need things too!

Old 08-15-2011, 11:01 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Well dagnabit Ozark Boy,
I thought you had finally been convinced that bango and fiddle playing hillbillies need to be more progressive and open to change. As more and more of us Caliyforiegners and other progressive minded people move in, we are bound to want to change your way of life to the better way that we are running away from. I can't wait for Missouri to tell me when I can and can't have a fire in my fireplace, that I can only water the lawn on even days and even more importantly become a sanctuary state for millions of poor "undocumented workers" because they need things too!
Rural MO will mostly never change because they can't even figure out how to create jobs. Therefore, retirees move in and smart workers move out.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:12 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,306 posts, read 8,652,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Rural MO will mostly never change because they can't even figure out how to create jobs. Therefore, retirees move in and smart workers move out.
Perfect
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri