Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 06:48 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,469,458 times

Advertisements

1. Carthage Maple Leaf Festival
2. Roaring River State Park before trout season opens, for hiking
3. Mark Twain National Forest
4. KC Rennaisance Festival
5. Ozark Empire Fair or State Fair at Sedalia
6. All the small town fall festivals-Apple Butter Making Days, Punkin Days, etc
7. Jolly Mill, or other mills
8. Hermann MO winery-hopping
9. Hornet Spooklight
10. Visiting caves (some commercial, some wild)

Truthfully, we live so close to Arkansas we spend a lot of time down there, too. Close enough for a weekend or day trip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 08:37 PM

13 posts, read 42,954 times
ok heres mine:
1.Martins Bluff (Current River)
2. Iron Mt. Ironton, MO
3. Thayer Mammoth Springs
4. Clearwater Lake
5. Hermann Mo.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:38 PM

13 posts, read 42,954 times
Oh and I forgot, Memorial Day weekend Lake Wappapello has a 25 mile yard sale! thats my kinda vacation!

Old 05-23-2010, 12:07 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,570,117 times
Hi there! Well, it sure has been quite some time since we have posted anything here. I bet that sometime during the last three years there have been at least a few 'new' sights that can be added. There are a couple of wineries around these parts that should appeal to many:

1. Wenwood Winery.... Wenwood Farm Winery of Central Missouri - Close to Jefferson City, St. James, Hermann, and Washington

2. St. James Winery.... St. James Winery | St. James, Missouri

A few other places that I know of, but need to get better info. So until then, how about you? Any places that you really enjoy for any reason? Educational, fun stuff, awesome places, hidden away places?

Old 05-26-2010, 12:31 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Well, I dont know how I could have possibly have missed this thread, but here are a few of my faves.......

1)Route du Vin | Ste. Genevieve Missouri's Wine Trail
This features several wonderful wineries, most of them feature wonderful cuisine, locally sourced ingredients. My personal fave winery is Chaumette, great place!

2)Tourism Sainte Genevieve Missouri Events French Heritage Homes & Architecture
My fave town!

3)Keener Springs ‡ Go with the Flow!
This is a private resort located close to Poplar Bluff, love this place!

4)Van Buren Missouri Chamber of Commerce, Big Springs, Current River
Love floating on the Current River here!

5)Best Missouri Winery & Attraction: Stone Hill Winery in Branson & Hermann MO
Love this winery, and also Hermann.....can you tell I really like wine?

Old 05-26-2010, 09:38 PM

38 posts, read 138,871 times
1. Ha Ha Tonka park. So many trips there as a child and wonderful memorys.

2. Jamesport. I'm in the neighborhood and it is always a great day trip especially when they have festivals.

3. Pershing Balloon Derby, Brookfield MO, Labour Day Weekend. If you go it's either per person price or one price for a carload of people. Take your lawn chair, bug repellant, camera, ice chest, and whatever. Make a picnic of it.
Just make sure you see the night light when they fire/light up the balloons after dark. Beautiful!!!

4. Lake of the Ozarks. I do miss it before it got over priced, huge residences everywhere, and basically upscaled.
Still there alot of caves to visit, great hiking, and still some old geezers on their mountain that love to talk your ear off.

5. KC Ren Fest. I'm tossing this at the bottom for one reason. It's actually in Wyandotte Park, KS. I do love it though and it's good weekend fun. Just avoid the weekends there might be races at the Speedway. It carries everywhere across the festival grounds.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:44 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Float on the current river.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:50 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Does anyone else have Missouri favorite places? Cities, towns, historic, nature peserves, 'touristy places' that they would like to add to this list???

Something very 'special'? Thanks to all that did post their favorites
Columbia is a great little city. Of course, I'm partial as a Missouri alum and fan, but go on a nice fall saturday, take in a football game, and enjoy the college atmoshpere.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:54 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Johnson Shut-Ins!

Old 05-27-2010, 06:24 PM

529 posts, read 1,008,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Johnson Shut-Ins!
Has anyone been there since they reopened in 2009? Does it look different than before?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri