Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 12:15 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,601,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW Missouri Dave View Post
I have been very fortunate in life in that I have an exhaustive genealogical list that has been researched, with many lines of my family arriving on the North American continent when it was still under British rule. Included in this list of names, are a number of what you would call, and I am proud to claim, 'traitors'. A traitor is typically defined by the victor of any conflict, and while it used to be a term designating 'an individual assisting a foreign country in an attack against a persons own homeland' - today it is more often used by politician's in describing those who disagree with their political views.

I had one 'traitor' die at Valley Forge, had another die at the Second Battle of Bull Run, or Second Manassas. The only difference being one fought for the victor in the formation of a new country, and the other fought for the loser in a similar attempt.

The point of this thread, irregardless of those who would like to turn it into yet another political debate, is that in the case of both my ancestors, right or wrong in my or your eyes politically or morally, and irregardless of whether I or you agree with their choices in life, both sacrificed their lives for their cause and the formation and maturing of our great nation. A monument to that sacrifice deserves our respect.
So a memorial to the SS men who served at Auschwitz would be a good idea?
Slavery is genocide

Besides the OP was about blaming Occupy Wall Street for defacing your "Memorial" based on..............?

Old 10-14-2011, 12:20 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,834,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
So a memorial to the SS men who served at Auschwitz would be a good idea?
Slavery is genocide
You're deflecting, this isnt the P&OC forum.
Give it up.
BTW, just how long did you live in SE MO?

Old 10-14-2011, 12:23 PM

2,122 posts, read 3,658,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You're deflecting, this isnt the P&OC forum.
Give it up.
BTW, just how long did you live in SE MO?
He didn't. He used the forum's search function for his occupy protests he cares so much about and figured he'd chime in.

boompa, the OP has quite a history with regards to strange posting. Just fyi. MOST of us know that this is entirely a local issue and that it has nothing to do with the occupy protests.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerTHB View Post
He didn't. He used the forum's search function for his occupy protests he cares so much about and figured he'd chime in.

boompa, the OP has quite a history with regards to strange posting. Just fyi.
I've seen him in the P&OC forum, I'm familiar with the modus operendi.
My question about whether he lived in SE MO was rhetorical in nature.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:12 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,251 posts, read 8,620,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Gunner, not sure if you have noticed this, but you and I seem to be the only posters that are from SEMO, and have any feet on the ground knowledge of it.
Just thought I would mention that.
Hey there distant Cousin, do I at least get historic consideration?

Old 10-14-2011, 01:32 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,947,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegoalstl View Post

and how EXACTLY does one make that leap??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Perhaps it was Communists, or Muslims, are we burning the Reichstag here?
or stupid kids with too much time on their hands and too little parental oversight....

Old 10-14-2011, 01:47 PM

12,867 posts, read 13,173,864 times
My Mom was born & raised in Flat River (now Park Cities,, I believe) in 1910.

When President Wilson took the US to war against Germany in 1917, Mom's playmates suddenly started ragging on her as "Kaiser kid". Many of the familys of German heritage were run out of town by the intolerant adult citizenry.

Luckily, my Grandpa - a lead miner with a German surname - had married into the LaRose family from Cape Girardeau, so he was spared the rail.

Some things never change.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:09 PM

868 posts, read 1,117,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW Missouri Dave View Post
The only thing I see lower than some low life, belly crawling coward sneaking around at night, and showing their true bravery by assaulting an inadament rock and desecrating a war monument.....

is someone else using just such a despicable act to start another tirade of history twisting and rambling incoherent 'what if ' nonsense.
ah come on Dave, Onegoal seems harmless enough though misguided to the nth degree.

and you cant accuse him of being bland or politically correct/boring. Plus he creates more traffic on here than anyone ellse with his southern confederate fixation_ he doesnt seem stupid, he will grow out of it eventually

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbgaBGAMTShrHYWpeirReOMfhxW49BC EsMju3wbmmbn (broken link)

Old 10-14-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Hey there distant Cousin, do I at least get historic consideration?
Of course you do, cousin, I just dont see you here very often that I forget you're under the radar!

Old 10-14-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
My Mom was born & raised in Flat River (now Park Cities,, I believe) in 1910.

When President Wilson took the US to war against Germany in 1917, Mom's playmates suddenly started ragging on her as "Kaiser kid". Many of the familys of German heritage were run out of town by the intolerant adult citizenry.

Luckily, my Grandpa - a lead miner with a German surname - had married into the LaRose family from Cape Girardeau, so he was spared the rail.

Some things never change.
Park Hills, actually..........one other thing, the LaRose dit Deguire family were the first settlers of Ste Gen, they had been in Kaskaskia before that, and came down the river as voyageurs from French Canada, before that, Normandy, I am a direct descendant......just an FYI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri