Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2008, 06:48 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,526,587 times

Advertisements

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa. Uh, ha and thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 07:05 PM

1,635 posts, read 3,639,384 times
Lightbulb Bored? Not for long!

Well, I'm baaaack!

Someone asked me for ideas for things to do with family who would be visiting over the holidays.
I told her I didn't have a personal list of recommendations but I did come up with a list of links for her.
The list includes the 417 Magazine link from above but includes many more:

Holiday Must-Do's - 417 Magazine - December 2008 - Southwest Missouri
Calendar - Southwest Missouri
417 Shopping - Shopping - Southwest Missouri
News-Leader.com | Springfield Community Calendar | Springfield News-Leader
Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce: Things To See and Do
KY3 | Events Calendar (http://www.ky3.com/community/calendar - broken link) (Scroll down below calendars for list)
Community Calendar (http://ozarksfirst.com/content/community/event_calendar - broken link)
Entertainment (http://ozarksfirst.com/content/entertainment - broken link)

http://mediaphoto.doctissimo.fr/dossiers/t/a/tartalacreme/grands-smileys/TN-4820-au-bureau.gif (broken link) Happy surfing, everyone!

Old 12-18-2008, 10:03 PM

Hi mrs. g.....great links. Thank you. Had hoped to be able to visit your area. However, Mr. NWV is really not up to longer rides and is still recovering from a previous illness. Maybe by Spring time???? Take care and thank you again for your many posts here.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:19 PM

Yer velcome, dear!

I pray Mr. Voyager is better soon and able to go on some more voyages, soon! I know that what's most important is that you have each other right now. Give each other a hug for me, k? And hopefully, we'll be able to hug in real life in the spring! If it works out, maybe I can bring MrG with me!

Old 01-17-2009, 12:08 AM

Calling all Missourians....need some events here....you know, something besides 'Jack Frost has visited most of the state and left his calling card. Father Time also was a visitor and changed places with the New Year '2009'. My usual source was/is unavailable. Maybe we should just take the month off and let things happen in their own way???? What say you, Mrs. G?????

Old 01-17-2009, 10:48 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,016,115 times
Some MO Conservation Department happenings:

Discover Nature—Families (http://mdc.mo.gov/programs/mof/ - broken link)

Event and Date Location
The Forests: Early American Megamart Friday, January 23 2009 - Friday, January 23 2009 Twin Pines Conservation Education Center
Discover Nature Families-Decoy Making Saturday, January 24 2009 - Saturday, January 24 2009 Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center
Cooking With Wild Game Monday, January 26 2009 - Monday, January 26 2009 Wildcat Glades Conservation & Audubon Center

Discover Nature Families - Backyard Bird Feeding Wednesday, January 28 2009 - Wednesday, January 28 2009 Columbia Bottom Conservation Area
Winter Hike at Kellogg Lake Saturday, January 31 2009 - Saturday, January 31 2009 Kellogg Lake Park, Carthage, MO
Discover Nature Families: Basic Air Rifle Saturday, January 31 2009 - Saturday, January 31 2009 Springfield Conservation Nature Center

Discover Nature Families - Primitive Adventures Saturday, February 7 2009 - Saturday, February 7 2009 Andy Dalton Shooting Range
Discover Nature Families: Briding for Beginners Saturday, February 7 2009 - Saturday, February 7 2009 Burr Oak Woods Conservation Nature Center
Discover Nature-Families Intro. to .22 Rifles Wednesday, February 11 2009 - Wednesday, February 11 2009 August A. Busch C.A.

Get Lost, and Found Wednesday, February 11 2009 - Wednesday, February 11 2009 August A Busch CA
MO's Top Ten Most Romantic Animals Saturday, February 14 2009 - Saturday, February 14 2009 Walter Woods Conservation Area
Sugar Bush Railway Saturday, February 14 2009 - Saturday, February 14 2009 Rockwoods Reservation

Old 01-18-2009, 12:02 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhh, thank you, ShadowCaver. Uhhh, romantic animals??? Do I dare ask what they are and what they dew?
Anyway, great list and hope these events attract many visitors.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:57 PM

Smile Okay, okay...so I got a little carried away!

I decided to look around for some winterish type things to do...at least things that will allow you to stay inside...

The History Museum for Springfield - Greene County (http://www.springfieldhistorymuseum.org/home.htm - broken link)
Currently on Display: "Then and Now" ~ Featuring photos of historic locations in the city and how they look today.
On display until March 3
Third Floor
Old City Hall
830 Boonville
Springfield, MO

OOVVDA Fruit Wines - Springfield, Missouri
OOVVDA Winery...yes, they're still open during the winter!

State Capitol Complex - Missouri State Parks and Historic Sites, MoDNR

Missouri Governor's Mansion
You can take tours of the first floor throughout the year or just visit the online tour. Click on "Tours" to learn more.

http://www.springfieldmo.org/final/newsite/ttd_listing_page.asp?ID=121&Company=Air+and+Milita ry+Museum+of+the+Ozarks (broken link)
Air & Military Museum ~ Inexpensive and has interactive stuff for the kids!

Springfield Missouri Sporting Goods Store - Missouri Fishing & Hunting Gear - Bass Pro Shops
This will take you to their EVENTS PAGE where you can find other things to do instead of just shop...and eat.

Welcome to Battlefield Lanes- Where The FUN Begins! Website!
Bowling, billiards and giant screen sports!
Welcome to Enterprise Park Lanes Website! and Welcome to Sunshine Lanes Website! are other options.

Discovery Center Springfield Missouri
We can't forget about this!

Mediacom Ice Park
You can go year round but if you go now, you already have your winter clothes unpacked!

Hours of Operation - Springfield Skateland - Springfield, MO (http://www.springfieldskateland.com/schedule.php - broken link) For those who don't would rather be on wheels than ice.

Jump Mania Springfield
I think this place sounds aptly named, don't you???

I don't know much about Branson but I found a few things from there...
Branson Scenic Railway: Branson's Most Classic Attraction
Very inside while still somehow being all about the outside! Hmmm...

Hollywood Wax Museum
Real...but not real. Hmmm...
Warning! Be sure your speakers are turned down when you arrive at the site!

Branson Attractions, Live Shows, Shopping and Restaurants in Branson Missouri, Visit Branson IMAX during your Branson Vacation!
MORE than just a movie! Presented six stories tall and 83 feet wide, with 22,000 watts of digital surround sound, IMAX® will take you places beyond your wildest dreams and throughout history…just take a look! Here's a list of their current "adventures": Branson's IMAX Entertainment Complex “ GIANT-Screen IMAX® Adventures (http://www.bransonimax.com/imax-adventures/ - broken link)

Well, I think that oughtta keep everyone busy for awhile!

MrsG out! Hahahaaaa!

Old 01-20-2009, 01:27 AM

Well, mrs. g, that oughta keep us busy for the rest of the year....Between you and ShadowCaver.....I'm tired already, just reading all of these events.

Thank you...

Old 01-20-2009, 10:46 PM

Ha! You HAD to ask, didn't you???

Well, anything to help out an "old" friend!

That's what friends are for, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri