U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:20 AM

536 posts, read 28,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Hello, Veil!

Welcome to our wonderful MO fanclub!

Also, your profile doesn't tell us where you live now and your words don't give it away, either. So, where are you living these days? If you don't live here now, are you thinking of moving back?

See ya'll 'round the forum!
Thank you for your welcome and I think it looks like a fun place to hang out.

I didn't put anything about my real name or where we live because my husband told me not to. After seeing and hearing and reading all of the stories about people who get stalked and/or other nefarious things happening to them I just don't give out my real name or where we live. We do live in the St. Louis area though. I don't guess that would get me in too much trouble. We have discussed moving to the southern part of the state though, just haven't made up our minds about it is all. With the housing market in the state it is in we will probably have to wait quite a while before we dare try to sell our home up here though. We have some really good friends who happen to live in Poplar Bluff that keep trying to get us to move down their way but we happen to be partial to the southwest area more. We just don't know for sure is about the easiest way to say it.

Have to clean the kitchen, a really good overall cleaning today so I will only be on at spotty times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Status: "So excited! I just introduced two people to CD!" (set 6 days ago)

1,593 posts, read 2,344,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Below is a site that should give you some information about the Veiled Prophet. A wonderful Parade and Ball. It has drastically changed over the years for various reasons. I wish that it hadn't. At night time the parade was at it's finest.

The Slayback Brothers and the Origin of the St. Louis Veiled Prophet Parade
What a trip! Never heard any of that before! Thanks, Voyager!

Old 09-01-2007, 11:20 AM

871 posts, read 1,307,692 times
WOW! that was a neat story. I never heard speak of it before. Thanks N.V I tried to give a rep for that but you know how it goes so,

High 55555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555 55555555555

Old 09-01-2007, 11:23 AM

That was a nice history Northwoods Voyager. Here is the recent web site for the parade and all if any would like to check it out.

2007 Veiled Prophet Parade - Home

Old 09-01-2007, 11:24 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmm Well I am sorry bit for some reason the link I provided didn't come up as a link at all but if you copy and paste the url I am sure it should work. I have no idea why the link did not work.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:55 AM

Here's a working link:
http://www.vpparade.org/]2007 Veiled... Parade - Home

Btw, the problem was at the beginning of the link where "[url=" should have been "[url]"

Hooray! My web design / html class is paying off!

Old 09-01-2007, 12:03 PM

Thank you so very much for fixing it. I do so appreciate it. I did update my profile like you so graciously asked.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
Thank you so very much for fixing it. I do so appreciate it. I did update my profile like you so graciously asked.
You're very welcome! Thank YOU for updating your profile! It's amazing how much we use them to help us clarify things so hopefully, you won't get called a "he" or have anyone "hit you up for a date" in the future!

Old 09-01-2007, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
Thank you for your welcome and I think it looks like a fun place to hang out.

I didn't put anything about my real name or where we live because my husband told me not to. After seeing and hearing and reading all of the stories about people who get stalked and/or other nefarious things happening to them I just don't give out my real name or where we live. We do live in the St. Louis area though. I don't guess that would get me in too much trouble.
You have a smart husband and you updated it just as I suggested! You go, girl!

Old 09-02-2007, 07:08 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,873,935 times
I am presently right outside of the St. Louis area - about 1 hour away .. or less depending on what way or what part I need to go.
Im actually directly across the river at the St. Charles point.

Um Im a 69 baby .... and dont recall the radio station but recall my Grannie talking about it.

So where do you live at now? Are ya moving back to the area?

we want to move towards Branson / Springfield area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri