U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 07:20 PM

536 posts, read 27,753 times
Talking Heya fellow Missourians

So this is where fellow Missourians hang out. How cool! I wanted to say hello to all fellow Missourians after I found this place. I was raised in St. Louis and as you can see by my nickname I picked one that would fit for St. Louis. I have very fond memories of my time growing up in St. Louis and was wondering how many here are from the St. Louis area. I have been all over Missouri on different vacations and such and love the whole state but am especially fond of St. Louis and south from there. We had a ball when we took our kids to Silver Dollar City very many years ago. That was back before Branson had become what it is now-a-days. We haven't been down there in many years now. How is Branson these days anyway?

If any of you happen to be from St. Louis do you remember Johnny Rabbitt and Bruno J. Grunion from back in the 1960s from KXOK? I found a neat web site about the radio station and Johnny Rabbitt. It was fun reading through it and listening to some of the old radio broadcasts from him.

I just wanted to say hello to fellow Missourians and hope to have some fun in this group. So, HELLO to all of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 07:28 PM

25,441 posts, read 8,790,339 times
And a warm welcome to you. Love your name. I remember going 'downtown' at night to watch the parades. So very neat. and we would watch the ball on TV some years and practice the bows. This was something that my cousins and I would do. Silly little girls at the time.

Yep, remember Johnny Rabbitt and Spider Burke. Some others also from waaayyy back. Again welcome to Missouri and don't forget to check out the St. Louis forum and the threads on that site.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:36 PM

Thanks and I will check out the St. Louis group and see how it is. Are there mostly people who are wanting and have moved to Missouri here or are there there a lot of people who just love the state and don't wish to move except maybe to another part of the state?

Old 08-31-2007, 07:41 PM

9,577 posts, read 4,684,631 times
Welcome to the site... beware it's addicting.....

Old 08-31-2007, 07:44 PM

13,701 posts, read 3,865,209 times
Another St. Louis kid here. I left home for college back in 92'.

Johnny Rabbit rings a bell for some reason even though I wasn't even alive yet in the 60's. KMOX still around?

Old 08-31-2007, 07:49 PM

KMOX is still around but I don't like it like I used to back a few decades ago. They run a lot of the conservative talk radio stuff like Limbaugh and all. It isn't that I am against that type either. It is that I miss a lot of the St. Louis personalities that used to have programming with the station.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Status: "Lake time is deducted from your age...;)" (set 26 days ago)

1,801 posts, read 3,422,373 times
Cool Yep. That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
Thanks and I will check out the St. Louis group and see how it is. Are there mostly people who are wanting and have moved to Missouri here or are there there a lot of people who just love the state and don't wish to move except maybe to another part of the state?
I think it's safe to say it's people who are here or who want to be here or who for one reason or another are interested in...here.

Lots of newcomers and almost newcomers and feel like newcomers.
An' people who want newcomers to feel welcome.
Join the party.
Yea.
[img]http://******************/party-smiley-565.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2007, 07:57 PM

Missouri is a homey state I believe. I mean, we have lots of woinderful people and wonderful geography and so much to do within the state boundries. I love that little dancing man you posted. Where did you get him?

Old 08-31-2007, 11:27 PM
Status: "So excited! I just introduced two people to CD!" (set 4 days ago)

1,593 posts, read 2,342,685 times
Talking Welcome!

Quote:
So this is where fellow Missourians hang out. How cool! I wanted to say hello to all fellow Missourians after I found this place. I was raised in St. Louis and as you can see by my nickname I picked one that would fit for St. Louis. I have very fond memories of my time growing up in St. Louis and was wondering how many here are from the St. Louis area. I have been all over Missouri on different vacations and such and love the whole state but am especially fond of St. Louis and south from there. We had a ball when we took our kids to Silver Dollar City very many years ago. That was back before Branson had become what it is now-a-days. We haven't been down there in many years now. How is Branson these days anyway?

If any of you happen to be from St. Louis do you remember Johnny Rabbitt and Bruno J. Grunion from back in the 1960s from KXOK? I found a neat web site about the radio station and Johnny Rabbitt. It was fun reading through it and listening to some of the old radio broadcasts from him.

I just wanted to say hello to fellow Missourians and hope to have some fun in this group. So, HELLO to all of you.
Hello, Veil!

Welcome to our wonderful MO fanclub!

I don't have answers for your questions so I can't really comment on what you've asked but I can welcome you! I do have a question or two of my own. First, I'm afraid that "Veiled Prophet" must be an insider's secret. What does that name have to do with StL?

Also, your profile doesn't tell us where you live now and your words don't give it away, either. So, where are you living these days? If you don't live here now, are you thinking of moving back?

Quote:
We are a typical hodgepodge of all of the above. Hahaha! This City-Data forum world by its nature, attracts people who are considering a move. The MO Forum may have been created with wanna-be Missourians and new arrivals in mind but someone has to answer their questions and many of us found our way here to the site, fell in love and stayed! We're a helpful bunch of people who try to give as good as we get and work hard to keep this a safe and friendly place for all. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do and will bring your experience and expertise, not to mention your HUMOR to the party, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Welcome to the site... beware it's addicting.....
It's TRUE! He knows whereof he speaks!!! Now, you can't say that no one warned you!!!

See ya'll 'round the forum!

Old 09-01-2007, 01:29 AM

25,441 posts, read 8,790,339 times
Below is a site that should give you some information about the Veiled Prophet. A wonderful Parade and Ball. It has drastically changed over the years for various reasons. I wish that it hadn't. At night time the parade was at it's finest.

The Slayback Brothers and the Origin of the St. Louis Veiled Prophet Parade
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri