Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 11:21 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerTHB View Post
Where are y'all finding the annual snowfall data at?
I used this link for St. Louis:

Snowfall - Average Total In Inches

It says St. Louis average annual snowfall is 19.6 inches.

Perhaps there is a better source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 11:25 AM

2,122 posts, read 3,683,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post

I am looking for a snowfall total for this winter.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:20 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,611,075 times
I think you can find snowfall totals for the season on Weatherunderground.com -- they're my go-to place for any historical weather data.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:03 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,740,561 times
Quote:
Off topic, but I like Memphis a lot. My kids have had soccer tournaments there over the years.

I'd like to spend some adult only time there on Beal Street, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Nice city. Reminds me of a smaller St. Louis with a southern twang and better barbeque.
yeah, that's how a lot of people in Memphis see it. Some things remind me of St. Louis, like our Redbirds stadium Downtown and the gritty, bluesy, river city feel. Today I passed a restaurant called "Fino's From the Hill" That's got to be a guy from St. Louis. Most Italians I know in Memphis have roots in St. Louis.

Last edited by Smtchll; 02-20-2012 at 03:15 PM..

Old 02-20-2012, 05:17 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerTHB View Post
I am looking for a snowfall total for this winter.
Go to the STL National Weather Service page and click the climate tab and you can search for temperature and precipitation amounts each month.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:35 PM

2,122 posts, read 3,683,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Go to the STL National Weather Service page and click the climate tab and you can search for temperature and precipitation amounts each month.
Ok thanks. I'm looking for Cape Girardeau though so I'll check on Paducah's page.

Wow looks like Cape has only had .3 inches of accumulating snow.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:44 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,092,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
yeah, that's how a lot of people in Memphis see it. Some things remind me of St. Louis, like our Redbirds stadium Downtown and the gritty, bluesy, river city feel. Today I passed a restaurant called "Fino's From the Hill" That's got to be a guy from St. Louis. Most Italians I know in Memphis have roots in St. Louis.
The only thing tying St. Louis to Memphis these days, and this has been the case for a very long time, has been that both cities are on the Mississippi. Also blues and jazz, as well as barbeque in the cases of STL, KC, and Chicago were all born out of northward migration from Memphis and New Orleans. That's where the similarities between St. Louis and Memphis end. Since we've debated this before, yes, both cities are in the United States, so both don't feel "Foreign" as I once said. But the way of life, mannerisms of thep people, culture, by and large cuisine, and feel are both very different. St. Louis is a Midwestern city...Memphis is a southern one. Memphis didn't experience the decay and decline of heavy manufacturing that St. Louis did, nor the massive influx of Germans, Italians, and Bosnians that St. Louis and other Midwestern cities experienced. Memphis isn't nearly as big as St. Louis (metro area). And finally, Memphis is by and large Baptist, whereas St. Louis is largely Catholic. St. Louis also leans politically more to the left than Memphis. When I go there, I notice some similarities, but many more differences.

Last edited by stlouisan; 02-21-2012 at 02:59 PM..

Old 02-21-2012, 02:45 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,092,866 times
Quote:

According to wunderground.com, the average annual snowfall is 22.5 inches.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:09 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,740,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisan View Post
The only thing tying St. Louis to Memphis these days, and this has been the case for a very long time, has been that both cities are on the Mississippi. Also blues and jazz, as well as barbeque in the cases of STL, KC, and Chicago were all born out of northward migration from Memphis and New Orleans. That's where the similarities between St. Louis and Memphis end. Since we've debated this before, yes, both cities are in the United States, so both don't feel "Foreign" as I once said. But the way of life, mannerisms of thep people, culture, by and large cuisine, and feel are both very different. St. Louis is a Midwestern city...Memphis is a southern one. Memphis didn't experience the decay and decline of heavy manufacturing that St. Louis did, nor the massive influx of Germans, Italians, and Bosnians that St. Louis and other Midwestern cities experienced. Memphis isn't nearly as big as St. Louis (metro area). And finally, Memphis is by and large Baptist, whereas St. Louis is largely Catholic. St. Louis also leans politically more to the left than Memphis. When I go there, I notice some similarities, but many more differences.
Sent you a DM about it, so we dont have to go off subject in this thread

Old 02-23-2012, 01:54 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
liking this weather in the mid-60's today in St. Louis!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri