Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 09:10 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,306 posts, read 8,652,830 times

Advertisements

ahhhh I should have thought of shadowy,
Forgive me master, for I have much to learn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 09:26 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,966 times
Talking A grasshopper by any other name, 'tis still just as...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
ahhhh I should have thought of shadowy,
Forgive me master, for I have much to learn
That is ok cricket...

Old 09-06-2007, 10:08 PM

1,640 posts, read 3,653,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
OK here's the sign...

so what is the feller on the left side doing???
Kid in School at a desk?
Hillbilly sitting on a stool with a banjo???
So what the real deal??
Looks like that was just a sticker someone added since here is a picture of a Welcome to MO sign without it:

I've seen that picture of a banjo player (?) before but I can't tell you where or when. Just thought I'd share. By the way, the guy in the picture and whose site is named on it, has a pretty good gig goin'. Check it out at: Roger Johnson's Welcome to America

Old 09-06-2007, 10:28 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,390,380 times
Out of curiousity, where in the state is this sign being photographed? I know it can't be on either I-70 or I-55...if this were I-70 you would either see Downtown St. Louis or Downtown Kansas City in the background. With I-55 you'd see either downtown ST. Louis or very flat, relatively tree-less terrain in the bootheel of Missouri. THis must be I-44 in SW Missouri. I would imagine Mrs. G. shot it on her way in...or maybe she found it on the internet Would Mrs. G care to reveal the answer to the intrigued Missourians buzzing about this post like flies about a cob web? Btw, I'm tired, it's late at night...I'M NOT DRUNK DAMMIT:rol leyes:

Old 09-06-2007, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
Out of curiousity, where in the state is this sign being photographed? I know it can't be on either I-70 or I-55...if this were I-70 you would either see Downtown St. Louis or Downtown Kansas City in the background. With I-55 you'd see either downtown ST. Louis or very flat, relatively tree-less terrain in the bootheel of Missouri. THis must be I-44 in SW Missouri. I would imagine Mrs. G. shot it on her way in...or maybe she found it on the internet Would Mrs. G care to reveal the answer to the intrigued Missourians buzzing about this post like flies about a cob web? Btw, I'm tired, it's late at night...I'M NOT DRUNK DAMMIT:rol leyes:
Once you click on the link in my last post, you will see the photo with the following words underneath: "Just West of I-29 on the Missouri River in Northwest Missouri. My first Missouri welcome sign photo was in 1991." Perhaps you've seen it since it's up in YOUR neck of the woods, ajf!

By the way, congratulations on making it to 100 rep points! So, who are ya gonna pick as your successor? Don't forget to start a new thread once you decide!

Old 09-06-2007, 10:42 PM

871 posts, read 1,984,735 times
Ther must be a few of these sign around yeah? These are two different signs. I can tell by the bolts. Their all in different places.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:44 PM

871 posts, read 1,984,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Once you click on the link in my last post, you will see the photo with the following words underneath: "Just West of I-29 on the Missouri River in Northwest Missouri. My first Missouri welcome sign photo was in 1991." Perhaps you've seen it since it's up in YOUR neck of the woods, ajf!

By the way, congratulations on making it to 100 rep points! So, who are ya gonna pick as your successor? Don't forget to start a new thread once you decide!
OOOPS! I didnt know I had to start a new thread. My bad!

Old 09-06-2007, 10:56 PM

Talking Welcome to the Over the Hill Club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
OOOPS! I didnt know I had to start a new thread. My bad!
No worries, mate! I just remember being told to do that when I did it. I kind of remember the baton already being passed in the middle of a thread before...and it is nooo big deeal...reeeally!

By the way, congratulations to YOU, too! Sometimes, things happen quickly around here! I go away for a day and come back and it's all said and done...FOR TWO PEOPLE in fact!!!

Loved your "acceptance speech", too! Right on! Welcome to the "Over the Hill Club!" Hahahaaaa!

Old 09-07-2007, 12:42 AM

3,742 posts, read 8,390,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post

Right, I knew there was a link to click on

Last edited by ajf131; 09-07-2007 at 12:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri