Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 12:25 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times

Advertisements

Sam Bradford was my favorite QB through college, and I felt he was much better than the others of his class. Since he was drafted to the Rams I have begun to follow them. I think they will start building and become a pretty strong team as long as they can get a line to keep Bradford healthy. Are the Rams getting any bigger of a fanbase with Bradford or do most people cheer for the Chiefs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 01:15 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
Statewide there are more Chiefs fans simply because it's a more storied Missouri franchise. As a St. Louisan living in Kansas City I happily root for both -- if they meet in the Super Bowl I can deal with my loyalties then.

That said, the Bradford years haven't exactly been as promised yet, and his whining about having never been on a losing team before didn't really endear him to Rams fans. I'm hopeful for the 2012 season and believe Sam to be a very talented kid, so we'll see!

Old 03-16-2012, 05:10 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,331 times
Rams fan here, I was lucky enough to be at both NFC Championship games back in the GSOT days and have stuck with them ever since.

I follow the Chiefs as my second team. I still have a Joe Montana T shirt from when they signed him.

Go Missouri!

Old 03-16-2012, 10:43 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Those Dodge Ram trucks aren't bad at all.lol

Old 03-16-2012, 11:05 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Sam Bradford was my favorite QB through college, and I felt he was much better than the others of his class. Since he was drafted to the Rams I have begun to follow them. I think they will start building and become a pretty strong team as long as they can get a line to keep Bradford healthy. Are the Rams getting any bigger of a fanbase with Bradford or do most people cheer for the Chiefs?
The St. Louis area cheers for the Rams. They've been bad so the fan support is down. I would say Bradford is still popular. He had a good rookie year but struggled more last year - but the team was horrible.

I think the excitement level will pick up some with a new coach. But they need to start winning games.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
The St. Louis area cheers for the Rams. They've been bad so the fan support is down. I would say Bradford is still popular. He had a good rookie year but struggled more last year - but the team was horrible.

I think the excitement level will pick up some with a new coach. But they need to start winning games.

Yeah that's kind of to be expected. I've been a lifelong Lions fan and I understand after a while you start just getting mad at players who look like they aren't trying or terrible decisions from up top.

I could definitely be a Blues and Rams fan along with Lions and Red Wings

Old 03-16-2012, 01:36 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Yeah that's kind of to be expected. I've been a lifelong Lions fan and I understand after a while you start just getting mad at players who look like they aren't trying or terrible decisions from up top.

I could definitely be a Blues and Rams fan along with Lions and Red Wings
You poor bastard.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:02 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
I didn't even care much about them when we both "lived" in California. But then, a bunch of overgrown guys getting paid way too much money to play a childrens game was never high on my list anyway.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I didn't even care much about them when we both "lived" in California. But then, a bunch of overgrown guys getting paid way too much money to play a childrens game was never high on my list anyway.
Thanks for the input

Old 03-17-2012, 02:49 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,097,146 times
Hopefully that love will come back given all the good players the Rams just picked up...that said, the owner clearly wants to move the team out of St. Louis. But I am just not somebody that can actively follow a team that isn't doing well....I've recently begun to follow the Blues again because they haven't had a team like this since before the lockout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri