U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Status: "SSRIs = school shootings = MKULTRA = Pol Pot America" (set 12 days ago)

8,357 posts, read 5,699,374 times

Advertisements

No.........just no.....legless baboon.....this is troll city.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:09 PM

65 posts, read 46,048 times
Default Learn Your Law

Have to say I'm a bit appalled by all the gun talk. It's looking less and less likely that I'm going to make this trip to the States anyway, let alone MO.

Just a quick heads-up to the MO law mavens out there. Under MO law, I am a "non-human primate caregiver," not "an exotic pet owner," due to Mr. Chupps condition. All I have to prove is that I am "administering topical/oral medications at least once a day" and that Mr. Chupps is not "ambulant and/or capable of movement with the aid of any mechanical conveyance including but not limited to hand carts, one-man trolleys, prosthesis, suction cups, special orthopedic shoes, etc." And he is not. As I said, he pulls himself.

What it all boils down to is this: IF I WANT TO BRING MR. CHUPPS TO MISSOURI, I CAN (AND WILL.)

Old 04-02-2012, 04:35 PM

9,588 posts, read 4,801,585 times
What do you call a legless Baboon that lives under a Missouri Bridge?

Old 04-02-2012, 05:15 PM

5,356 posts, read 6,167,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
What do you call a legless Baboon that lives under a Missouri Bridge?
Mr. Governor?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:19 PM

628 posts, read 617,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lb coup View Post
Have to say I'm a bit appalled by all the gun talk. It's looking less and less likely that I'm going to make this trip to the States anyway, let alone MO. .....What it all boils down to is this: IF I WANT TO BRING MR. CHUPPS TO MISSOURI, I CAN (AND WILL.)
For anyone who travels overseas and comes across a young, healthy 'non human primate' in a foreign country and wants to bring it into the US as a pet, or for any reason besides those listed below, here is the law or US regulation.

Dept of Homeland Security - US Customs Dept

Monkeys and other primates may be brought into the United States for scientific, educational or exhibition purposes by importers who are registered with the CDC. However, under no circumstances may they be imported as pets. Registered importers who wish to import or export primates for a permitted purpose in accordance with CDC requirements are also required to obtain clearance from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) requires that all primates have permits.

Source - US Customs and Immigration
More from Fish & Wildlife

As to the question of a sick non human primate - the Centers for Disease Control is also quite specific

Monkeys and other nonhuman primates (NHP) may not be imported as pets under any circumstances. Importation for permitted purposes is strictly controlled through a registration process. CDC's Division of Global Migration and Quarantine administers these regulations.

These regulations are in place to protect U.S. citizens from severe infections that can spread from monkeys to humans. These diseases include—

Ebola Reston,
B virus (Cercopithecine herpesvirus 1),
monkeypox,
yellow fever,
simian immunodeficiency virus,
tuberculosis, and
other diseases not yet known or identified.

Since 1975, the Federal Quarantine Regulations (42 CFR 71.53) have restricted the importation of NHP. Importers must register with the CDC, implement disease control measures, and may distribute NHP for only bona fide scientific, educational, or exhibition purposes, as defined in the regulations.

Source - Centers For Disease Control

One would be safe not paying much attention to any regulation, rule or law attributed to Missouri or the United States that comes without a source and link. We live in a day and age when there are very few laws, especially on a federal or state level, that are not posted online for all to read.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:20 PM

Well, Dave, then I guess you didn't read my post carefully.

One, I was talking about MO law, not that federal hoodoo you threw back at me. I've been through all that mumbo jumbo. Two, I AM NOT A PET OWNER, I AM A NON-HUMAN PRIMATE CAREGIVER under that statute.

I'm sorry, but if you're going to get legal, know your stuff.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:28 AM

628 posts, read 617,962 times
Quote:

One, I was talking about MO law, not that federal hoodoo you threw back at me. I've been through all that mumbo jumbo. Two, I AM NOT A PET OWNER, I AM A NON-HUMAN PRIMATE CAREGIVER under that statute.

It's very simple lb. Please point out in Federal Law - or Missouri Law - all of which are posted online for all to read - where the term "non human primate caregiver" appears?

Old 04-03-2012, 07:10 AM

Dave, I believe you've missed the point. First, not all laws are posted online for all to read. That's a ridiculous assertion. What about the right of primis justificator (sp?) or all the supermarket shopping laws that vary from one shopping center to the next? Open your eyes. These are little things but they make the US the powerhouse of democracy it is. Bubble gum laws. Do you see any of those for all to read, Dave?

About the non-human primate primary caregiver laws, I am obviously just extrapolating. But do you really think those laws can stop anyone from administering primary care to a non-human primate if they happen to be in the vicinity of MO? I should hope not. In fact, Dave, it's just the opposite. These are inclusionary laws, thank God, and ecumenical. They are for THE PROTECTION OF NON-HUMAN PRIMATES.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:59 AM

19,033 posts, read 16,285,343 times
Quote:
Dave, I believe you've missed the point. First, not all laws are posted online for all to read. That's a ridiculous assertion. What about the right of primis justificator (sp?) or all the supermarket shopping laws that vary from one shopping center to the next? Open your eyes. These are little things but they make the US the powerhouse of democracy it is. Bubble gum laws. Do you see any of those for all to read, Dave?

About the non-human primate primary caregiver laws, I am obviously just extrapolating. But do you really think those laws can stop anyone from administering primary care to a non-human primate if they happen to be in the vicinity of MO? I should hope not. In fact, Dave, it's just the opposite. These are inclusionary laws, thank God, and ecumenical. They are for THE PROTECTION OF NON-HUMAN PRIMATES.
Totally bass-ackward. The laws are there for the protection of humans, first, legally "immigrant" primates and other animals second. YOUR term, "primate primary caregiver" is not likely found in existing law and would only pertain to primates already in-country legally.

Of course you'll disagree and try to bend things to support your point of view but at this point that simply becomes amusing.

Carry on!

Old 04-03-2012, 08:04 AM

12,062 posts, read 19,037,779 times
Quote:

I don't think you have a firm grasp of how laws in the U.S. work. Federal hoodoo, in most cases, and certainly in a case of bringing an animal into this country initially, are going to supplant state laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri