Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2007, 06:00 PM

526 posts, read 1,246,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
George Strait, Hank Sr., Willie and Waylon, Merle, The Gentle Giant [not to be confused w/ They Might Be Giants ], The Man In Black,,, all the way to Shania , AKUS, Hank Jr., etc. Oh, yea,,, give me songs like the old stuff, as I sit in my pickup, watching my woman's reflection in the mirror, as a tear shed about my hound dying, as a train rumbles by, cold beer in the cooler...
You forgot one thing......... it's supposed to be raining too.....

Old 11-15-2007, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post

I be knowin' what you're talkin' about cuz the wifey listens to nothing BUT country!! She has had the same Reba CD playin' in her Jeep for a month now...oh well it makes her happy
Now that's what I'm talking about !!! I've had Reba cd in my Jeep for about that long !!!!!!!

Old 11-15-2007, 08:08 PM

871 posts, read 1,985,011 times
I love Country! Remember the songs that Waylon and Willie and I think Cash did together. Any song that features Willie is awesom. "Beer for my horses" by Toby keith" Who is a hunk........i mean ugly. Shshshsh. Love Josh Turner, John Anderson, Randy Travis and whoo hoo luv me some Big n Rich. " "guess you could say in my simple way Im livin in the big time" Yeah country is good listen!

Old 11-15-2007, 08:11 PM

Hey, I got that one beat.......... I was country when country wasn't cool..........and believe me being raised in SoCal that was hard to do !!!

Old 11-15-2007, 08:23 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,381,758 times
Talking Most memorable...

Is it too late to share our most memorable concert?

Most memorable: Queen. 1976. The first concert of their second US tour...at Winterland in San Francisco...they hadn't been very well received the first tour, although they were huge in Europe & Japan. They weren't expecting our reaction...it was so cool how happy they were that we liked them!
I was 8' from the stage and when they would finish a song, the crowd would go insane...they were so amazing. This was after they had released A Night At The Opera and Bohemian Rhapsody was climbing the charts...they played all those songs. Remember the pictures of Freddy in the white unitard? Yep.

Second most memorable was New Year's Eve 1973-Jan 1, 1974 at the Cow Palace in Oakland...Bill Graham presented The Allman Brothers (it was part of a nationwide radio broadcast...when it was midnight in New York, they had this big deal...then midnight in Chicago...you get the picture.) By the time it was midnight in California, we were rocking. Way after midnight some friends showed up: Jerry Garcia, Bill Kreutzmann, Boz Scaggs...they jammed all night. We left to drive home about 4 am.

Sorry, I didn't discover "country" until a few years later.

Last edited by Lake Junkie; 11-15-2007 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: Country is cool.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:27 PM

585 posts, read 614,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
I love Country! Remember the songs that Waylon and Willie and I think Cash did together. Any song that features Willie is awesom. "Beer for my horses" by Toby keith" Who is a hunk........i mean ugly. Shshshsh. Love Josh Turner, John Anderson, Randy Travis and whoo hoo luv me some Big n Rich. " "guess you could say in my simple way Im livin in the big time" Yeah country is good listen!
Just poppin in for a second to check on KareyBear and started reading your post.

If you like all these guys, then you must like David Allan Coe also. Just wanted to bring that up.

Anyway, hope everyone is well. Got to go get things done before work tomorrow. If any of you see KareyBear, please tell her that Simplyaged said hello and hope she is feeling better about things! Thank you!!!

Old 11-15-2007, 08:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
i thought the cow palace with in s. san francisco?
at least that where it was last month when i went up.
not to be smart aleck just checking.
did they close the old one down?

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 11-15-2007 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: omission

Old 11-15-2007, 09:09 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,057,650 times
LJ - that must have been one hell of an evening... I would have loved to have been at such an event. Wow! All that talent there. The ABB are beyond great - another of my most favourite artists; get a mag called Hittin' the Note - Because Music Matters - if into that style & related, highly recommend this No Woodstock, but have been to couple Bonnaroo's - excellent!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:30 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,654,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Is it too late to share our most memorable concert?

Most memorable: Queen. 1976. The first concert of their second US tour...at Winterland in San Francisco...they hadn't been very well received the first tour, although they were huge in Europe & Japan. They weren't expecting our reaction...it was so cool how happy they were that we liked them!
Hey I was at that concert too.....Winterland rocked... Montrose and Sammy playing there every month......

Old 11-15-2007, 11:34 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,062 times
Hey ShadowCaver...trucks, trains, dogs, raining, etc...y'all fergots tha mostest important one....'Momma'......lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri