U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-16-2007, 08:58 AM

870 posts, read 1,984,015 times

Advertisements

also forgot PRISON and gettin' drunk

Old 11-16-2007, 09:24 AM

4,679 posts, read 7,875,391 times
Silly impatient peeps... that was just the first verse

Here be the 2nd and 3rd verses:

My mom, she was drunk, walking down the street, feeling no pain, after she got outta prison, soaked from the rain. I helped her, as we discussed my brother's divorce, onto the train. The lights in the distance from the Christmas ornaments, they were clear to see, quite plain. She stumbled abit, tripping over the dead dog in her path, callin it a name.

Yet, as I sat later there in my pickup truck, my woman by my side, as we discussed some other dame, I could feel a tear shed, as I knew the farm, it would never be the same. However, in the end, it was all for the best, I realized as a took another sip from my brew, nothin' that is for the best is really then done in vain. Turning the ignition on, we headed then for the Ozarks, leaving the land behind us, that we had called Maine.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:24 PM

870 posts, read 1,984,015 times
Default Too funny!

You so silly! Time to come out o' the cave! Did you see the shiny shadow bicycle I got u??? (See autumn colors, Missouri threads)

No sign of your carrier bat!!! Send him in for the cookies!

Old 11-16-2007, 04:30 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,501,215 times
Thumbs up R & R...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
LJ - that must have been one hell of an evening... I would have loved to have been at such an event. Wow! All that talent there. The ABB are beyond great - another of my most favourite artists; get a mag called Hittin' the Note - Because Music Matters - if into that style & related, highly recommend this No Woodstock, but have been to couple Bonnaroo's - excellent!
Looks awesome, Shadow...and it was pretty amazing even tho' parts of it are a blur ...and it was SSanFrancisco as our "not smart alecky" friend says...I was thinking of another concert at the Oakland Coleseum on a Halloween with Rare Earth. Sorry for the faux pas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Hey I was at that concert too.....Winterland rocked... Montrose and Sammy playing there every month......
Isn't that amazing...you were there. I'll never forget how knocked out they were at the end of each song. Like they were surprized we liked them so much. My little sister was supposed to go with me but she got put on restrictions...for smoking or something. She's never gotten over it.
Winterland was my favorite venue! I was bummed when it closed.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:23 PM

790 posts, read 1,283,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
You know I dont think I have ever listened to Led Zepplin! Im gonna have to give them a try. I could not tell you one song sang by them.
I grew up listening to the 50 and 60's in the 70's and 80's. Love the Platters to this day. "only you.. can make this world seem bright" all time favriot song.
Remember Sha na na? Loved them.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????? OMG!!!! Where've you been, hidin' out in dark places with da Caveman??? hehehehe Girl, you need to come out for air. hehehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
BAC, You MUST listen to Zepplin!!!! "Stairway to Heaven" is crucial to your development!
AMEN!!!!!!!

Quote:
Bent, you are serious?!?! OMG... lady, they are THE best R&R band of all times [w/ Pink Floyd durn near tied w/ 'em]...edit.... I can not drive w/o speeding up even more when their songs are being released by the speakers....my steering wheel and dash become guitars, drums, keyboard, and microphone...
You too????? But don't forget...the console shifter...it's the 'top hat'. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdslady View Post
Bent I'm with you... guess we are a miniority on here huh !
Another one????? What's this world coming to?????? Acccccckkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Is it too late to share our most memorable concert?

Most memorable: Queen. 1976. The first concert of their second US tour...at Winterland in San Francisco...This was after they had released A Night At The Opera and Bohemian Rhapsody was climbing the charts...they played all those songs. Remember the pictures of Freddy in the white unitard? Yep.
LJ, I am absolutely GREEEEEEEN with envy. I am so freakin' jealous right now!!!! I have almost every album they recorded...and I mean the real stuff....I got Da Vinyl baby!!!!! hehehehe They totally rock!!!

Speakin' of Winterland....my oldest brother used to go there all the time. He was into heavier rock than I was. He eventually went to work for Bill Graham. Cool huh?

I spent my concert years at the Oakland Colliseum when they had the 'Day On The Green' concerts. Saw the Eagles during their 'Hotel California' tour. Also saw John Sebastian, The Beach Boys, and a ton of others that I can't recall right now. Pretty sad huh?

Quote:
Silly impatient peeps... that was just the first verse

Here be the 2nd and 3rd verses:

My mom, she was drunk, walking down the street, feeling no pain, after she got outta prison, soaked from the rain. I helped her, as we discussed my brother's divorce, onto the train. The lights in the distance from the Christmas ornaments, they were clear to see, quite plain. She stumbled abit, tripping over the dead dog in her path, callin it a name.

Yet, as I sat later there in my pickup truck, my woman by my side, as we discussed some other dame, I could feel a tear shed, as I knew the farm, it would never be the same. However, in the end, it was all for the best, I realized as a took another sip from my brew, nothin' that is for the best is really then done in vain. Turning the ignition on, we headed then for the Ozarks, leaving the land behind us, that we had called Maine.
Hey Caveman,

That's a funny song....the perfect country song!! Who wrote/sang that???? Is it out on CD? And I mean Compact Disc, not City-Data. hehehehe

Still Rockin' After All These Years,
Boof

Old 11-16-2007, 08:53 PM

9,595 posts, read 4,860,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post
I spent my concert years at the Oakland Colliseum when they had the 'Day On The Green' concerts.
It was a Day on the Green that Zepplin played at... I remember when they found pot growing in the outfield at Oakland and the A's wanted all the concerts stopped... Of course the Raiders diidn't care, back then they partied pretty hard too, with Stabler and Matuziak and them...

Yes the Cow Palace is in South S.F. maybe even Daily City, Fisrt time I had ever heard of Ted Nugent, He opened for ZZ Topp and just blew every one away, Stranglehold and StormTroopin rocked the house.....
Of course for some reason most memories from the 70's are fuzzy now

Old 11-16-2007, 09:17 PM

790 posts, read 1,283,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
It was a Day on the Green that Zepplin played at... I remember when they found pot growing in the outfield at Oakland and the A's wanted all the concerts stopped... Of course the Raiders diidn't care, back then they partied pretty hard too, with Stabler and Matuziak and them...

Yes the Cow Palace is in South S.F. maybe even Daily City, Fisrt time I had ever heard of Ted Nugent, He opened for ZZ Topp and just blew every one away, Stranglehold and StormTroopin rocked the house.....
Of course for some reason most memories from the 70's are fuzzy now
BassMan,

Ahhhhh, the good ol' days, huh? They don't make 'em like they used to. That's back when music was music!!!!! The good part for me is that I didn't partake of the 'herb'. The bad part is that the 70's are still fuzzy. What's my excuse???? LOL

Say, you mention Kenny & John....I grew up on the Raiders cuz my bro was such a diehard fan...still is. Now that was a gooooood team right there!!! But do you remember the Oakland Oaks??? We used to go on Fan night and get free balls, and shorts, and stuff. Oh, and don't forget the Oakland Seals. We'd get free sticks & pucks. My brother actually caught a puck when he was a kid. Still has it I believe. Yahhh, those were the days.

CORRECTION TO PREVIOUS POST: I said the center console was the 'top hat', when I meant to say 'High Hat'. What a friggin' dork, huh??? Duuuuhhhhhhh, which way did he go George, which way did he go??? LOL

Rememberin' When,
Boof

PS: Thank you St. Jude for answering my prayer for my Maggi. Thank You Jesus!!!

Old 11-16-2007, 10:27 PM

9,595 posts, read 4,860,704 times
I did see the Seal's once when I was real little, The Oaks were before my time, The A's moved here in 68 I think, I was 7....
Yeah the Old Raiders's were the sh*t, Boy I sure hated the Steelers back then.. LOL
We had Otis Sistrunk come to my Elementry School a few times to speak and play with the kids.. very cool

Old 11-16-2007, 11:20 PM

871 posts, read 1,336,583 times
Hey Boof!

Maggies all good now? Thats great news!

I'll have you all know I have very eclectic (is that the word?) taste in music. I love all kinds. Except opera. Cant go there. I guess im not a big Zepplin fan though oops! Please dont throw things at me. Queen! I love queen! Especially "crazy little thing called love"
and "another one bites the dust" That man has such a melodic voice.

CaliBass...................YOUR SO FUNNY! (game part 3)

Old 11-17-2007, 07:45 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,501,215 times
Talking Eclectic...yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
I'll have you all know I have very eclectic (is that the word?) taste in music. I love all kinds. Except opera. Cant go there. I guess im not a big Zepplin fan though oops! Please dont throw things at me. Queen! I love queen! Especially "crazy little thing called love"
and "another one bites the dust" That man has such a melodic voice.
Eclectic...that's me too. I loved Humble Pie, Bette Midler, Queen, Barbra Streisand, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Lynard Skynard, Paul Revere & the Raiders (ok...a little embarrassed but Mark Lindsay was HOT) Bonnie Raitt, Rod Stewart...and after I "discovered" country I became a huge Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash & Waylon (& Willie & that crowd) fan. Grunge country, I call it...wasn't big on Glen Campbell. Sorry, Glen.

Nobody throwin' anything but confetti at you, girl...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri