U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-01-2008, 01:26 PM

2,125 posts, read 2,925,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Nawwww,,, not nasty - but wild and entertaining!

Sorry, but weather such as this is just so alive, to me...
Agreed! I can remember back in high school when the temperature would just drop like a stone during the day and it would be 25 to 30 degrees colder at the end of school than at the beginning of the school day.

No big contrasts like that out here, but it started off sunny this morning and now it's clouded up again with some more shower activity at 12:25 pm. Answered prayers! We've already received more rain so far this year (going back to July 1) than we got all of last year from 7/1/06 to 6/30/07! Our water reservoir levels were looking really bad back in November. The Sierra Nevada mountain snowpack is outstanding now! And the dry season doesn't start for about another 3 months.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:28 PM

2,125 posts, read 2,925,021 times
Hey Darlynn--any news on Kim's condition? We're still praying for her, her husband (your boss) and all their family.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:23 PM

870 posts, read 1,930,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Hey Darlynn--any news on Kim's condition? We're still praying for her, her husband (your boss) and all their family.
Thanks so much for asking!!! And continuing to keep them in your prayers!

She had another MRI done, and it showed that everything is the same. (The cyst remains at 9cm) That is great news, as, if it were to grow, or move, it could be fatal!! Here's one article I found...
Not just another headache: Colloid cyst of the third ventricle | Nurse Practitioner | Find Articles at BNET.com
She is going back to the neurosurgeon, next week, and will most likely schedule the surgery at that time. She is really being plagued with headaches, and I hope and pray for an end to her suffering.

Thanks to all of you! Especially, you, nberic! I so look forward to meeting you and your wonderful family!! They are truly blessed!

http://bestsmileys.com/religous/5.gif (broken link)

Old 02-02-2008, 06:10 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,848,372 times
OK everyone am trying to catch up ........ I feel lost ..like I have never been here

like umm a umm Newby .. and the search engine dont work for me in that way! lol

Update on me - my daycare is FULL- these are good words for any provider .. I expanded my capacity and hired a full time assistant ..and I am full with the new capacity! wohoohoo money in ta bank for da big move! (If it ever happens)

Someone came looking but nobody decided to bite! I think I will put a fence of St. J up around the front of the property!!!!

hubbys aunties have been not to good been helping with them lots ..like I get off work and I am at there house...Life would be easier if we could just move them in with us ... time will tell!

Lets see what else .. ohhhh I have been having horible chest pains...... one night I actually thought I was having a heart attack... I was scared scared!! Nope my heart is good blood pressure normal........ I has Asthma - the dr said I probably have had it all my life ......... So here I am up at 330 am again today ... because I woke up with this horible back and chest pains feels like someone is trying to crawl out of my chest!! UGH!

oh my web forum is up and running doing pretty good .. Kareybear thanks for all your help! For those who do not know kareybear she is a sweetie!! little forgetful but hey shes my buddy! lol

Well am off to go organize files and get things going for the day ..

Am not giving up on moving ... we sooo want to be there...... my daughter graduates in May and has not decided on a college...........she keeps picking out the ones that are 40K per year ....... ugh!!!

Old 02-02-2008, 07:09 AM

4,679 posts, read 7,624,269 times
2b - congrats on your day care! Very proud of yas

And, most importantly, take care of yourself!

Old 02-03-2008, 04:59 AM

25,441 posts, read 8,722,520 times
Good news for you 2b. Hope life treats you better now. Good luck to you

Old 02-04-2008, 09:38 PM

13,697 posts, read 3,807,114 times
It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate right now and maybe that has something to do with your ashtma flare-up. Just be sure not to over do it.
Hang in there. ~MoNat

I've been wanting to bring something to the table (rant) and see what other's thoughts are about this. I'm doing it here because I've been working harder at biting my tounge so to speak and not flying off the handle at a certain type of post that I see every now and then on these forums.

Granted, most of us regulars like MO whether we live here, used to live here, or want to live here. That's fine. There are others that live here, or used to live there that don't like MO. That in itself is fine also. To each their own.

First of all, you can say you dislike MO without the insults and name calling ("bigot", "hick", "fundie", "redneck", "ignorant", etc.).

Second, in the same people using the above terms describes themselves as "open-minded."

"Open-minded" equals name calling??

Hypocrisy makes me ill....

End of rant.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:09 PM

23,444 posts, read 16,833,970 times
sweetie, rant all you want! No matter what they choose to call themselves, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....'nuff said?
Besides, WE know who we are as Missourians, and the others just are malcontents, what they choose to call us JUST does not matter. Chances are, they would badmouth anyone anywhere they happen to be, some folks just always have to have someone else to look down upon in order to justify their existence.
Mo peeps are awesome!
btw, what the heck is a "fundie"????

Old 02-05-2008, 06:29 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,848,372 times
What is a fundie? I never heard of that

I think some of the terms are used in fun ........but when someone says your just a stupid redneck thats offensive .........

To say one is a hillbillie - I would say that I am proudly lol

oK maybe I need to go work on my taxes - ugh I hate taxes

see am procrastinating by coming here! lol

Love ya guys miss ya!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:37 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,028,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
OK everyone am trying to catch up ........ I feel lost ..like I have never been here

like umm a umm Newby .. and the search engine dont work for me in that way! lol

Update on me - my daycare is FULL- these are good words for any provider .. I expanded my capacity and hired a full time assistant ..and I am full with the new capacity! wohoohoo money in ta bank for da big move! (If it ever happens)

Someone came looking but nobody decided to bite! I think I will put a fence of St. J up around the front of the property!!!!

hubbys aunties have been not to good been helping with them lots ..like I get off work and I am at there house...Life would be easier if we could just move them in with us ... time will tell!

Lets see what else .. ohhhh I have been having horible chest pains...... one night I actually thought I was having a heart attack... I was scared scared!! Nope my heart is good blood pressure normal........ I has Asthma - the dr said I probably have had it all my life ......... So here I am up at 330 am again today ... because I woke up with this horible back and chest pains feels like someone is trying to crawl out of my chest!! UGH!

oh my web forum is up and running doing pretty good .. Kareybear thanks for all your help! For those who do not know kareybear she is a sweetie!! little forgetful but hey shes my buddy! lol

Well am off to go organize files and get things going for the day ..

Am not giving up on moving ... we sooo want to be there...... my daughter graduates in May and has not decided on a college...........she keeps picking out the ones that are 40K per year ....... ugh!!!
ForgetfulWhat did I forget???? Who are you??? Just Kidding. I feel the same way with 2be about being lost in this thread. I have been so busy!!
Tomorrow I am going to get a ultra sound to see if my baby stick for me this time. Oh great looking at the news I will be driving in snow tomorrow driving for hour to Columbia to see my doctor. I hope it waits until I get home before it decides to blow snow.Don't get me wrong I want snow but I don't want to drive such a long distance while it is snowing. Well it is a good thing I have a all wheel drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri