U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 03:46 PM

2,820 posts, read 1,626,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
There are these marvelous inventions called newspapers and telephones.
Perhaps you've heard of them?
Ironically enough, you and our resident MO forum troll are the only ones who have commented approval of Rush on this thread.
BTW, I live in MO enough of the year to pay state income tax, not to mention property tax, so......guess that qualifies me.
Not that I need your approval or approbation, and I would bet money I know more conservatives in MO than you do.
You don't need my approval or approbation, nor I yours. By the same token, I don't have to accept sweeping generalities about what Missouri conservatives think at face value, particularly from people who (i) clearly aren't conservaties; and (ii) in your case, aren't full time Missouri residents. I'm dubious of such comments.

And if you don't think a majority of conservatives agree with Rush Limbaugh about a majority of topics, you probably don't know as many conservatives as you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 03:52 PM

23,443 posts, read 17,996,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
You don't need my approval or approbation. By the same token, I don't have to accept sweeping generalities about what Missouri conservatives think at face value, particularly from people who (i) arent conservaties; and (ii) in your case, aren't full time Missouri residents.
Oh, so only full time residents qualify?
Thank goodness you're not in charge of anything.
You know, its funny, I am older than you I am sure,I have lived in more areas of MO than you, I'll bet, and have always known that there are far more conservatives than those that think like me.
Somehow, that has never never mattered to the conservatives I know, still doesnt matter to them.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:40 AM

415 posts, read 761,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeBluesFan View Post
So then Bill Maher is a promoter of "hate" too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermouse View Post
That's actually a very good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Its called deflecting.
It's called hypocrisy.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermouse View Post
It's called hypocrisy.
The Double-Edge of Deflection

Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 AM

12,062 posts, read 19,228,576 times
This thread is a cluster.

And I know a lot of conservatives. One of them is running for a very prominent seat right now, but we need not drop names.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
This thread is a cluster.

And I know a lot of conservatives. One of them is running for a very prominent seat right now, but we need not drop names.
The idea that only Missourians that live full time in the state are allowed to have opinions pertaining to the state is just too ridiculous for words.
I'm sure every Missourian that winters or summers in other states, or even countries, would roll their eyes in contempt at that notion, you know?

Old 05-17-2012, 09:36 AM

12,062 posts, read 19,228,576 times
Some of the worst things Rush has said about women:

1. In a 1993 television broadcast, Limbaugh put on screen a picture of Socks the White House cat. He asked, "Did you know there's a White House dog?" He then put up a picture of 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton.

2. Limbaugh said in 1994 that first lady Hillary Clinton had a "testicle lockbox" at the White House and represented "the worst characteristics of women, totally controlling, not soft and cuddly, not sympathetic, not patient. Demanding, domineering Nurse Ratched kind of thing."

3. Limbaugh, in a 2006 broadcast, said of then-Sen. Hillary Clinton: "She sounds like a screeching ex-wife ... Men will know what I mean by this.

4. With statistics showing more women than men in college, Limbaugh said in a 2010 broadcast: "Colleges have been chickified. Men aren't showing up in as many numbers as they used to. That is what we have done to boys and men. The feminists/feminazis have been working for years to this end. Advance women by diminishing men."

5. Limbaugh, in February of 2011, mocked first lady Michelle Obama's campaign for child nutrition. "Dare I say this: It doesn't look like Michelle Obama follows her own nutritional advice," he joked.

6. Limbaugh delivered a memorable definition of feminism in June of 2011: "Feminism is about victimization ... Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream.

7. Reacting to Sandra Fluke's testimony on contraception coverage in health insurance, Limbaugh said on March 1: "I will buy all the women at Georgetown University as much aspirin to put between their knees as they want."

Rush Limbaugh’s worst comments about women | Strange Bedfellows — Politics News - seattlepi.com

So, MUTGR. Which of those do you agree with?

How about these unbelievably racist quotes?

1. “Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”

2. “Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

3. "The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”

4.“They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?”

5. "[To an African American female caller]: “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.”

6. And finally, this is a man who refers to our president as Barack the Magic Negro in addition to being a "halfrican American" and "The Affirmative Action candidate"

http://newsone.com/16051/top-10-racist-limbaugh-quotes/

Which of those quotes do you agree with MUTGR?

Old 05-17-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Some of the worst things Rush has said about women:

1. In a 1993 television broadcast, Limbaugh put on screen a picture of Socks the White House cat. He asked, "Did you know there's a White House dog?" He then put up a picture of 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton.

2. Limbaugh said in 1994 that first lady Hillary Clinton had a "testicle lockbox" at the White House and represented "the worst characteristics of women, totally controlling, not soft and cuddly, not sympathetic, not patient. Demanding, domineering Nurse Ratched kind of thing."

3. Limbaugh, in a 2006 broadcast, said of then-Sen. Hillary Clinton: "She sounds like a screeching ex-wife ... Men will know what I mean by this.

4. With statistics showing more women than men in college, Limbaugh said in a 2010 broadcast: "Colleges have been chickified. Men aren't showing up in as many numbers as they used to. That is what we have done to boys and men. The feminists/feminazis have been working for years to this end. Advance women by diminishing men."

5. Limbaugh, in February of 2011, mocked first lady Michelle Obama's campaign for child nutrition. "Dare I say this: It doesn't look like Michelle Obama follows her own nutritional advice," he joked.

6. Limbaugh delivered a memorable definition of feminism in June of 2011: "Feminism is about victimization ... Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream.

7. Reacting to Sandra Fluke's testimony on contraception coverage in health insurance, Limbaugh said on March 1: "I will buy all the women at Georgetown University as much aspirin to put between their knees as they want."

Rush Limbaugh’s worst comments about women | Strange Bedfellows — Politics News - seattlepi.com

So, MUTGR. Which of those do you agree with?

How about these unbelievably racist quotes?

1. “Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”

2. “Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

3. "The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”

4.“They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?”

5. "[To an African American female caller]: “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.”

6. And finally, this is a man who refers to our president as Barack the Magic Negro in addition to being a "halfrican American" and "The Affirmative Action candidate"

Top 10 Rush Limbaugh Racist Quotes | Breaking News for Black America

Which of those quotes do you agree with MUTGR?
I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:39 AM

2,696 posts, read 1,780,506 times
Quote:
And Rush's ratings prove an awful lot of people are listening to him, in Missouri and elsewhere. I assume they listen because they agree with him, which bolsters my original point....
Rush's ratings prove that less than 5% of the United States listens to him. Even Rush will admit that a very large part of his audience are people who do not agree with him.
The reason there will be no fallout is that Tilley is retiring from the house after this term. He waited until his last term to do this.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:41 AM

2,696 posts, read 1,780,506 times
Quote:
Rush provides conservative political commentary on his show.
Rush provides Republican political commentary on his show. Many conservatives are not Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri