Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 04:27 PM

195 posts, read 420,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Nor do we regret your exit!
I moved to a much better place where people accept me as I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 04:31 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Inferno View Post
Some people just cant cut it in the real world.
-shrugs-

Old 06-12-2012, 06:29 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Inferno View Post
Ya can't ask for more than that!

Old 06-12-2012, 09:03 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I'll see your "Hmmm" and raise you a border state, like perhaps, Texas.

How about a southern Missouri in which people love their country enough to: 1) not want their culture, values and mores watered-down by people who have disregarded our laws and entered our country illegally; and 2) don't wish our educational and societal resources taken away from legal residents, especially in our schools, and expended on ESL, bilingual just about everything and their dimishing of our national character?

That's the problem, since you asked.
You are saying everything correctly. What's so hard to understand? When we were younger, we were told that if we did everything the right way that we could succeed. Nowadays, ppl are coming from other countries to work, but also are the very ones able to take advantage of scarce resources (welfare) that native born Americans don't qualify for. There is nothing wrong with wanting to preserve your culture from foreign invaders that could possibly change everything.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:01 PM

155 posts, read 278,714 times
I wonder if anyone thought about this: If too many of these folks come and want us to go by their ways then the govt wont stop it and this will be muslim country with sharia law.

think about it!!
Im not saying they shouldnt come but they need to be here LEGALLY and learn the language and learn to accept other cultures, otherwise leave.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:02 PM

155 posts, read 278,714 times
they also need to learn to keep their religion out of the workplace. not try to close a place down so they can pray. got it

Old 06-14-2012, 09:54 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,764,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I haven't been to St Louis for a good many years, but I highly doubt that. Why don't you post or link to some hard data to back up your challenge?

We're not talking about Black/White here. We're talking about a depressing landscape of third world cultures with nothing whatsoever in common that is fast ripping away at America's historical social structure and living standard.
Link
Segregation Scores: ACS 2005-9
CensusScope -- Segregation: Dissimilarity Indices

Hard data
http://www.censusscope.org/ACS/FreyA...roExposure.xls
http://www.censusscope.org/ACS/FREYA...00MetroSeg.xls

Not even close. St Louis is far, far more segregated, and not just black/white. Also native american/white, other race/white, multiracial/white, all five multi-racial subgroups. San Diego has a higher dissimilarity index for Hispanic/White, and a near identical index for Asian/White.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:59 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,764,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You somehow failed to include this;
SOUTHERN MISSOURIANS AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.
AFAIK the Somalis are overwhelming legal immigrants (on refugee visas).

Old 06-14-2012, 10:09 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
AFAIK the Somalis are overwhelming legal immigrants (on refugee visas).
P&G in Perryville has been popped more than once for illegal workers, so has T G Lee.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:09 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Link
Segregation Scores: ACS 2005-9

Hard data
http://www.censusscope.org/ACS/FreyA...roExposure.xls

Not even close. St Louis is far, far more segregated, and not just black/white. Also native american/white, other race/white, multiracial/white, all five multi-racial subgroups. San Diego has a higher dissimilarity index for Hispanic/White, and a near identical index for Asian/White.
Try as you will to make this about segregation, it is not.

Look at the population numbers shown in your second link. In St Louis, white and black make up over 95% of the population. In San Diego, white and black are 60%. In LA, white and black are 40%.

If you lived in San Diego, you should know what those numbers mean. If you had lived in LA or San Jose, you'd have an even better idea. You're right - it's not even close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri