U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-02-2007, 09:17 PM

526 posts, read 843,135 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be moving to Missouri, hopefully, in the next few months. He is a veteran and will be using the medical facilities there. Has anyone ever had any dealings with them or know of anyone who has?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 11:05 PM

25,441 posts, read 8,910,064 times
Default VA Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdslady View Post
My husband and I will be moving to Missouri, hopefully, in the next few months. He is a veteran and will be using the medical facilities there. Has anyone ever had any dealings with them or know of anyone who has?
My husband has been going to the VA hospital in Columbia, MO for many years. Without a doubt, they are the best. He has had heart surgery there and received the best care imaginable. Over the years he has developed other health issues and concerns that the staff, doctors and nurses, alike, have always shown compassion, knowledge and treatment that we both believe to have been the best.

Up to date facilities, clean, friendly staff. And as a wife of a veteran, I am always treated with respect and encouraged to participate in his care.

Convenient location in the center of the state in a city that offers much for just about anyone. Honestly, I cannot recommend them any higher than I do.

If you would like additional information about the Columbia VA, DM me and I will explain further.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:09 PM

Thanks NWoods, I'll pass the info on to hubby. That should help put his mind at ease.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:15 PM

Smile Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdslady View Post
Thanks NWoods, I'll pass the info on to hubby. That should help put his mind at ease.
Yes, please do, it really has met all of our (his) needs and expectations. We travel almost 2 hours one way just to go there. I would drive (he is not allowed to drive now) further if needed just to have the care he receives there. He does have a brother that has went to the St. Louis VA, but has stated that he did not really care for the treatment there. No specific reason, just not as thorough. good luck.

Oh, by the way, I really like your name 'under your name'. If I was still a dispatcher, that would have been my choice as well. Fits, ya well...

Old 10-03-2007, 04:12 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,471,570 times
Default New VA clinic in Branson!

That's the rumor...I've talked to two sources that tell me there's a new VA clinic going in soon in Branson!

I'll keep you posted...

Old 10-03-2007, 07:47 AM

Smile Great news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
That's the rumor...I've talked to two sources that tell me there's a new VA clinic going in soon in Branson!

I'll keep you posted...
Now that is great news. Many drive all the way to KC or Columbia. Yes, keep us posted. Thanks LJ.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:53 AM

28 posts, read 157,717 times
Default Link to VA facilities

Here is a link to the VA Hospitals and Outpatient clinics in Missouri.

Facilities in Missouri - Facilities Locator & Directory

Old 10-03-2007, 04:47 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,471,570 times
Default Great Link!

Zelda...great link...I know lots of folks that are looking for that info!

(And I love your name...I used to have a friend named Zelda...)

Old 10-03-2007, 07:59 PM

542 posts, read 1,410,817 times
A very good frirend uses the VA in KC. He and his family have been pleased.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Thank You

Thanks to all of you for the info, it has been very helpful. Now if I can just get him to quit being so indecisive we'll be on our way !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri