Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 07:16 AM

116 posts, read 445,067 times

Advertisements

Hey all, the reason I asked this question is I know alot of people post on these boards. Some live here and some are planning on moving and I have noticed that there is a coffee club where people do get together every now and then. There are a few people here I would like to meet when I finally get to Missouri. I havent narrowed down my search as to where I am planning on moving as of yet. There are a few places I like from hearing and reading about them but I have yet to visit and get the feel. I am not a stalker(no really my doctor says I am better now). As of now I do plan on moving outside of Springfield as it seems most have seemed to do that also. Ok just thought I would throw this out there. Hope you all are having a great day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 07:30 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,339,338 times
we havent made up our minds yet .............

I think we might build when we move ... (if hunting season lets him live long enough to move with me)

But its between Branson and Springfield - 30 minutes away from those areas in an area that I can do my business ..and he could figure out what he is going to do (besides hunt or play in the stupid woods)

Old 10-04-2007, 10:04 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,549,887 times
Well you all know I reside in Macon but not by choice and having to live here for a month. I really like here. It is beautiful, friendly and down to earth town. My oldest daughter is doing really making new friends, school and adjusting quite well. My littles one will be starting preschool next week. I am still not sure if this is where I am going to stay permanent. I haven't yet explore the south of Missouri yet and I probably won't for awhile. I will be visiting Clinton and check out the towns around that area since my uncle lives there. It all depends on my husband job since I know this one is temporarly.... Everyone keeps telling me that I need to have stablity but I and my kids can't stay away from my husband and father... He is part of the family. Hard decision.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:58 PM

I also got to mention that they are quite a few parks here in this town..... I think it is wonderful. I have seen 5 parks so far and I heard there are more.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:53 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,449,437 times
I am smitten with St. Joe! I was just surfing the Internet earlier tonight and was looking up information about the Missouri Theater on Edmond Street in the downtown area. In my whirlwind trip there and to other places in Missouri two weeks ago I didn't get a good look at the theater, but the old brick downtown buildings and the Victorian homes throughout much of St. Joe, along with the parkway system and Krug Park all make the town a cool place.

I'm hoping to hear back from a particular organization as far as employment is concerned, and still need to get applications mailed back to two other locations. It's the Good Lord's timing with all of this, but my better half and I are sure looking forward to getting moved back there--hopefully soon.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
I am smitten with St. Joe! I was just surfing the Internet earlier tonight and was looking up information about the Missouri Theater on Edmond Street in the downtown area. In my whirlwind trip there and to other places in Missouri two weeks ago I didn't get a good look at the theater, but the old brick downtown buildings and the Victorian homes throughout much of St. Joe, along with the parkway system and Krug Park all make the town a cool place.

I'm hoping to hear back from a particular organization as far as employment is concerned, and still need to get applications mailed back to two other locations. It's the Good Lord's timing with all of this, but my better half and I are sure looking forward to getting moved back there--hopefully soon.
Before yah move here make sure you see all the wineries and stock up on them stuff. I personally loved the St. Francis winery.... It has the most spectacular view and the tram ride is awesome. I just love wine, cheese, crackers and salami or sometime french bread.... Yummy....

Old 10-07-2007, 07:21 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,306 posts, read 8,652,146 times
Well I'm not sure it, Somewhere between Tallequa Ok and West PLains Mo.
I need a lake with bass, Wifey needs somewhere to ride Horses.. Frontrunner at this time is somewhere around Kimberling City, Mo...

Old 10-07-2007, 09:06 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,339,338 times
I lived in Oklahoma ..and hubby can tell ya ..as a joke he will say lets go visit OK..and I say ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh h......... NO!
There were things that happen there that I will never forget .......

I grew up in an area with mix culture ........ In Oklahoma I experienced what some call "reverse racism" first hand - I did not know what was happening!

I hated going anywhere with the military bases - I felt the women were the snobbiest bunch ever!!

If you go fishin or swimming your clothes will turn red from the clay lol ............ and besides I think you have enough votes for ya moving to MO Cali!!

Winneries ssssss...ohhhhhhhhhh Kareybear did you take pics?

Old 10-07-2007, 10:30 PM

116 posts, read 445,067 times
Well Cali Bassman I'll tell you what I havent gone freshwater fishing in a long time but that is gonna change. Me and the boys are gonna make it a habit and you posse up with our little gang. We will call ourselves the Weastcoast fishers (I know the name sucks but I figured I'd try to combine the east and west coast thing lol). Note to self lake/bass important lol

Old 10-10-2007, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
I lived in Oklahoma ..and hubby can tell ya ..as a joke he will say lets go visit OK..and I say ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh h......... NO!
There were things that happen there that I will never forget .......

I grew up in an area with mix culture ........ In Oklahoma I experienced what some call "reverse racism" first hand - I did not know what was happening!

I hated going anywhere with the military bases - I felt the women were the snobbiest bunch ever!!

If you go fishin or swimming your clothes will turn red from the clay lol ............ and besides I think you have enough votes for ya moving to MO Cali!!

Winneries ssssss...ohhhhhhhhhh Kareybear did you take pics?
Pictures are you kidding. I was to busy getting slushy....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri