Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2012, 11:35 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokc View Post
And I foolishly thought Rush Limbaugh was a low as humanity could go. As a non-partisan, I'll be voting DEM on every level. MO needs to kick out these radical theocrats. It's embarrassing to be from MO lately. We really need to donate the lower 3rd of MO to Arkansas.
I'm sure Arkansas will put all those Branson tax dollars to good use!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 11:41 AM

694 posts, read 1,356,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Missourians should be embarrased about Akin. We need to keep Claire to prove how smart and sophisticated we are. Besides, I'm sure Claire and her husband could benefit from more federal dollars:
McCaskill Married Shepard On April 27, 2002. (“McCaskill Vows Further Reforms,” Columbia Daily Tribune, 2/11/02)......

blah blah blah blah blah

Description: Contract Svs S8 Funds
Date Signed: March 20, 2009
Obligation Amount: $80,136
(USAspending.gov, Accessed 1/14/12)
If you are going to violate the terms of service of this site, please note the source you are plagarizing.

Is This Fair, Claire? McCaskill Gets Rich From $1.17 Trillion Stimulus Bill

You are now free to go back to pointing fingers at the sinners.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:44 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW Missouri Dave View Post
If you are going to violate the terms of service of this site, please note the source you are plagarizing.

Is This Fair, Claire? McCaskill Gets Rich From $1.17 Trillion Stimulus Bill

You are now free to go back to pointing fingers at the sinners.
I didn't mean to give the impression that was my original work. I thought that was obvious, but I added in a link to the site, so thanks.

Frankly, I thought we weren't supposed to discuss politics on this board, but I'm just going with the flow. I'm guessing my post upped the ante and will get the mods attention.

And I'm not pointing fingers at anyone other than our esteemed Senator from Missouri, who some suggest I should now vote for if I'm reasonable due to one really stupid and indefinsible commend by her opponent.

Last edited by MUTGR; 08-23-2012 at 11:55 AM..

Old 08-23-2012, 11:46 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
^So, nearly $1 mil in obligated funds to projects and businesses that her husband either directly or indirectly benefitted from?

I get it. I had no idea about these prior transgressions, and your point about Claire McCaskill giving off the appearance of impropriety is duly noted. How do you give someone even the extreme benefit of the doubt after reading this?

So, as a new Missouri resident, voting in his first senatorial election, who do I vote for now?

What matters the most when it comes to these elections: the office seekers views and ideas, or his or her actions? McCaskill shows in these cases by her actions to be less than honorable, but Akin comes across as completely deranged.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:51 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
^So, nearly $1 mil in obligated funds to projects and businesses that her husband either directly or indirectly benefitted from?

I get it. I had no idea about these prior transgressions, and your point about Claire McCaskill giving off the appearance of impropriety is duly noted. How do you give someone even the extreme benefit of the doubt after reading this?

So, as a new Missouri resident, voting in his first senatorial election, who do I vote for now?

What matters the most when it comes to these elections: the office seekers views and ideas, or his or her actions? McCaskill shows in these cases by her actions to be less than honorable, but Akin comes across as completely deranged.
I wish Akin would step down, I really do.

Vote your conscience. I'm not too worried though, notwithstanding the most recent Missouri poll.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:57 AM

694 posts, read 1,356,977 times
Quote:
Do what I have been doing for years.

Figure out which one you think is the worst of the lot, and vote for the other one.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW Missouri Dave View Post
Do what I have been doing for years.

Figure out which one you think is the worst of the lot, and vote for the other one.
Well, for an otherwise what I perceive to be enlightened populace, the people in this state are re-defining 'race to the bottom' when it comes to these candidates.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:36 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
Those are all section 8 funds that helped people stay in their rental homes.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:53 PM

2,122 posts, read 3,686,986 times
Quote:

You can always vote 3rd party

Old 08-23-2012, 12:58 PM

^As you were writing this, I was actually perusing the platform of the following:

Why I’m Running | Jonathan Dine for U.S. Senate

Here is where my language is truly spoken:

http://www.jonathandine.com/issues/income-taxes/
http://www.jonathandine.com/issues/t...-for-congress/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri