Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2012, 01:37 PM

2,122 posts, read 3,683,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
^As you were writing this, I was actually perusing the platform of the following:

Why I’m Running | Jonathan Dine for U.S. Senate

Here is where my language is truly spoken:

Income Taxes | Jonathan Dine for U.S. Senate
Term Limits for Congress | Jonathan Dine for U.S. Senate
Voted for him in 2010.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 01:48 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW Missouri Dave View Post
I agree with your comment that the Democratic Party takes from the middle class and gives it to the poor. You call it income redistribution, and history proves it.

Historical facts also clearly shows that the Republican Party takes from the middle class and gives it to the rich.

So pick your poison.

Both parties have a long history of having their fingers in the pockets of the middle class.
Cronyism to bankers and corporations is alive and well in the Obama administration so please stop perpetuating the myth about Democrats being for the poor and Republicans being for the rich. Both parties are out for themselves (pandering to special interests with cash rewards) and the global power structure (pandering to corporations and central banks with policies and "loans" never to be paid back).

Old 08-23-2012, 01:56 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Cronyism to bankers and corporations is alive and well in the Obama administration so please stop perpetuating the myth about Democrats being for the poor and Republicans being for the rich. Both parties are out for themselves (pandering to special interests with cash rewards) and the global power structure (pandering to corporations and central banks with policies and "loans" never to be paid back).
You can blather on all you about Dem's and Repub's. As a middle class person i see no reason to ever trust a Republican.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:43 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,777,416 times
Every time I see this new apology commercial I want to puke. Dude creeps me out.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:59 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times
BTW for women who live in the magic land of Akin, how do a woman's eggs magically know if the sperm inside them is coming from a rapist, and to not accept it for fertilization?

There's got to be some sort of internet award for "Dumbest Comment by a Politician."

Old 08-23-2012, 11:39 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Hmmmm , His Views seem to reflect Rural Missouri and Rural areas in general which are backwards in there thinking. If you look up the recent wacky politician stories their either from Rural areas or Isolated areas....not from Urban Areas....not say those Politicians aren't completely out of the woods they do stupid things aswell but never anywhere near this level.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:58 AM

694 posts, read 1,356,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Hmmmm , His Views seem to reflect Rural Missouri and Rural areas in general which are backwards in there thinking. If you look up the recent wacky politician stories their either from Rural areas or Isolated areas....not from Urban Areas....not say those Politicians aren't completely out of the woods they do stupid things aswell but never anywhere near this level.
Do they teach grammar and spelling in New Jersey?

Old 08-24-2012, 06:18 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Is there an alternative write in Republican candidate that could be put on the ballot? It worked for Sen. Murkowski in Alaska.
I don't agree with her politically but compared to someone like Joe Miller, she's the epitome of reason and logic. At least she isn't squirrel bait like Paul Ryan, Mike Coffman, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Christine O'Donnell, Sharron Angle, Todd Akin, or any of the other whackjob du jours that the Republicans are pinning their futures on these days.

I truly miss the days of reasonable Republicans like Arlen Spector, John Heinz, Lincoln Chaffee, Mike Castle, Jack Kemp, William Roth, George H.W. Bush or even (God forgive me for saying this) Ronald Reagan.

Believe me, I thought that I would never say that about Reagan but it just goes to show how today's Republican Party has lost so much of its mind and its soul, that Ronald Wilson Reagan is reasonable and compassionate by comparison. Ironically, he would also be seen as too liberal and unacceptable by today's Republican Party.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:04 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW Missouri Dave View Post
Do they teach grammar and spelling in New Jersey?
I was half asleep when I typed that...

Old 08-24-2012, 09:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyover_Country View Post
When you say that we deserve better, do I assume you mean somebody like Charlie Rangel, one of your illustrious New York Congressmen? Or Michael Bloomberg, the guy who wants to start actual food police? I'll take Akin (at least spell his name correctly) any day over those goofballs.

Sitting back in my chair with butter popcorn an illegally large liter bottle of Mountain Dew to see how this thread plays out
Not living in MO, I feel I have no business trying to tell anyone from the state how to vote and for those posting here, that are also not from MO (which I think are many) you might do the same. The diicision on who to vote for and why, should be left to the people of that state...

Yes, the comment he made was stupid and totally insensitive, but if people base their votes on one statement most politicians would never get elected...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri