U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-24-2012, 03:45 PM

9,595 posts, read 4,865,820 times

Advertisements

Sure is alot slower around here as of late...
where's all the good debate gone?
We need a couple of good posts about CAlifornian's moving to Missouri to help change it to what it needs to be..(Oh Ozark Boy where are you)
What happened to our moderator Shadow Caver?
Where's all the regulars?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 10:14 PM

137 posts, read 142,757 times
I have noticed this myself. I have been in Springfield for about 18 months now and when we first moved the Mo forum was always jumping with all kinds of topics. Now nobody seems to talk anymore.
I haven't seen Ozarksboy or Hillman at all lately.

I guess everyones been a little busy.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:24 PM

Well how do you like Springfield? Where did you move from?

Old 08-25-2012, 03:45 AM

19,273 posts, read 16,632,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Sure is alot slower around here as of late...
where's all the good debate gone?
We need a couple of good posts about CAlifornian's moving to Missouri to help change it to what it needs to be..(Oh Ozark Boy where are you)
What happened to our moderator Shadow Caver?
Where's all the regulars?
If we'uns keep quiet maybe them Califoreigners won't notice us an' move on to Arkansas or Florida.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
If we'uns keep quiet maybe them Califoreigners won't notice us an' move on to Arkansas or Florida.
I think we both know that Missery is pretty far down the list of places where Califorigners go....
because it's to hot, cold, humid, nothing there, nothing to do, no ocean, no mountains, and of course Tornados

Old 08-25-2012, 09:35 AM

596 posts, read 461,107 times
Everybody seems to want to be an urban hipster and live in large cities today. Missouri is largely thought of as being a rural hillbilly Bible thumping state by people who have never lived there or spent much time there. Much of that is due to the national media's portrayal of the state. The only things we hear about MO nationally are about methamphetamine, tornadoes and floods (and ALWAYS find the most trailer-trash looking person to interview about it), and if anybody from the state makes a remark like Todd Akin that reinforces those stereotypes. This doesn't just affect Missouri; AR, LA, KY, TN, MS, AL, WV, rural parts of GA, and sometimes SC are lumped in that bucket too.

Personally this does not bother me. I would rather the urban hipsters stay in Chicago, New York, LA, etc. etc. so we do not have to mess with them.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:51 AM

5,934 posts, read 14,965,045 times
My mother just visited me here in MO for the first time. She is from NJ. She honestly told me, she was surprised at how nice it is here and how friendly the people are. She was trying to not be offensive but basically she was expecting a land of hillbillies and that was not how it was at all. No doubt I could take her to places that fit the stereotype. lol But they've got plenty of hicks and crackheads on the East coast, too. Also, she came out to be with me after I had surgery. She was extremely impressed with the local hospital I stayed at. The quality of care is outstanding. Yes, you can get quality healthcare in rural Missouri!

I hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather. This has been a really nice August, weather-wise.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:08 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,559,000 times
yep, da MO forum has gone to crap over the last year or so....bummer

Old 08-25-2012, 08:17 PM

949 posts, read 799,592 times
Good god. I don't want to hear about some conservative californian moving to missouri to have a slower pace in life. Its annoying nd it insults my stl way of living. But I do agree with ur point, this forum has gone silent

Old 08-25-2012, 09:25 PM

137 posts, read 142,757 times
CaliBassman

We moved here from Gulfport, MS . We love it here. We love the fact that we don't have to deal with hurricanes anymore or the awful humidity that we had . We hope to stay here for awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri