Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 09:12 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times

Advertisements

[quote=Versatile;27280879]
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
There aren't enough "hard core republicans" to offset the rest, don't worry.

I'm glad somebody trusts obama. The way I see it, he will be more effective at creating a rich and powerful government class while the rest of us are peasants.

You may consider it nonsense but many other do not. As for the so.................. I said it first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 10:43 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
What is?

a rich and powerful government class

Old 12-10-2012, 01:18 PM

662 posts, read 1,227,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
What is?

a rich and powerful government class
I already explained it before- the government class = the ruling class = the liberal elitists.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:13 AM

Here's the rest of the story, for today. Stay tuned for further "hidden" costs.

Insured to see $63 annual fee increase to cover pre-existing conditions - LA Daily News

Old 12-11-2012, 07:29 AM

I see we have some very dissatisfied individuals. I am not dissatisfied at all. I like the new system. Sure has some major bugs to work out. All big systems like this are constantly changing. You guys can whine all you want it won't go away.

Curmud, you didn't mention this part. Did you miss it?

Obamacare Sleeper Issue - or something you weren't suppose to know about?

FYI..they also got rid of lifetime caps and they can't drop you either.
If you have a chronic illness that is expensive to treat you don't have to worry anymore because you cannot be dropped, there is no cap and you are free to switch insurance companies.

You still might have a sky high premium though.

The sleeper part is the tax. Then again, we knew Obamacare was full of taxes.

Last edited by Versatile; 12-11-2012 at 07:54 AM..

Old 12-11-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I see we have some very dissatisfied individuals. I am not dissatisfied at all. I like the new system. Sure has some major bugs to work out. All big systems like this are constantly changing. You guys can whine all you want it won't go away.

Curmud, you didn't mention this part. Did you miss it?

Obamacare Sleeper Issue - or something you weren't suppose to know about?

FYI..they also got rid of lifetime caps and they can't drop you either.
If you have a chronic illness that is expensive to treat you don't have to worry anymore because you cannot be dropped, there is no cap and you are free to switch insurance companies.

You still might have a sky high premium though.

The sleeper part is the tax. Then again, we knew Obamacare was full of taxes.
Not sayin' there aren't some good parts. But there are also a lot of "hidden" costs that should have been disclosed in the very beginning by "the most transparent administration" ever and understood before it had to be passed so Congress would know what it voted for (with thanks to Nancy Pelosi) before the fact, not after.

As a retired political and legislative analyst I don't miss a whole lot. I just don't like subterfuge, partisanship and thug politics.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:14 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,857,209 times
Like medicare and social security, it will forever be in financial crises. That is how it goes with any federal program regardless of which party is in charge.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:15 PM

155 posts, read 278,714 times
I seem to remember when the supreme court made their ruling on obama care that it was a tax.
but I also remember that same day obama and big sister ,and a great liar, nancy said it wasnt a tax
uh am I missing something.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Not sayin' there aren't some good parts. But there are also a lot of "hidden" costs that should have been disclosed in the very beginning by "the most transparent administration" ever and understood before it had to be passed so Congress would know what it voted for (with thanks to Nancy Pelosi) before the fact, not after.

As a retired political and legislative analyst I don't miss a whole lot. I just don't like subterfuge, partisanship and thug politics.
Surely you must be around a different political system than ours.lol Has been that way since i started voting.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Surely you must be around a different political system than ours.lol Has been that way since i started voting.
Being past my mid-60s I don't think I've missed much and I decidedly have no illusions about governance at any level. It's been far too nasty for far too long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri