Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:26 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,358,348 times

Advertisements

Just thought we needed a thread devoted to folks sharing or asking about the storm that went through last night.

As for FAR SW MO (Stone, Taney Counties) there was a pretty good light show, winds, some rain late...but no major damage as far as I've heard.

How about you'ns...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 08:43 AM

870 posts, read 3,070,009 times
Default It huffed and puffed!!

Over here in Kimberling City, it was about the same...Lots of light show and BIG winds. At one point I thought I heard that "Train" sound, but it was short lived and luckily, did not develope into anything! We had just had some trees trimmed, luckily, but still lost a couple limbs. I had to go pull a big cedar one off the doggie's house this morning! (They were inside with me last night, of course!) You should of seen me on the couch with a Dobie on one side and a fat, sassy lab on the other! We were quite a sight!

Old 10-18-2007, 10:03 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,521,272 times
Mid Missouri Report - All OK here. Very strong winds for awhile around 11p.m. until 1 a.m. Driving rain (like a race car ) This a.m. noticed some limbs down. Patio chair overturned. Nothing really unusual . News reports showed much damage in Southern MO and over in OK. Hope everyone here OK.

Thanks for the thread LJ...

Old 10-18-2007, 11:05 AM

22 posts, read 116,978 times
Prepared for nothing once again here in Battlefield. But saw some spectacular video of a couple of tornadoes in Lawrence county.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:16 AM

2,140 posts, read 4,429,290 times
I just heard about this when on the Internet last night (we don't have cable or satellite TV). Thank God all of you came through this bout of bad weather OK. Boy, these kinds of big storms can strike at almost any time during the year.

Thankfully for us in this part of northern CA, we're getting off to a good start to the rainy season. From late spring through early fall we get practically no rain at all. The rain we do get is during the other six months of the year. Last year we only received 2/3 of our normal rainfall. The winemakers should come through OK with the early rains, I would think.

Take care of yourselves back there! Hope any other weather activity you get is uneventful. And no more ice storms this coming winter--sheesh!

Old 10-18-2007, 11:45 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,610,929 times
we had about a half an hour of wind and rain, some thunder and lightning and that was purdy much it! The storm seemed to zip right through our little area ...

Old 10-18-2007, 01:20 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,532,603 times
I am in macon, Mo and we had some awesome light show, heavy rain and very windy. No Tornado.... Today it is very windly but beautiful white clouds with blue sky like as if nothing happen. My pup was so scared that she pooped and pee in my house. Didn't want to go potty outside. Dang I gotta teach her to use the toilet instead of the floor.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:13 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,324,083 times
Sounds like ya all had the light end of the storm ... it came across the river and tore up this area .......... my old antique metal lawn furniture was off the porch and in the field ...

My dil we thought was going into labor so I was up all night with 2 little guys who were scared to death! We are still under a Tornado Watch.
Our house sounded like wooooooooohoooooooooo whoooooooohoooooooo for a good hour . Started around 830pm and ended around 4 am

Did i mention I want to move to Missouri SOON?

Old 10-18-2007, 08:29 PM

37 posts, read 133,855 times
Well, we had a nice quiet night, a bit cool, around 50 degrees. We are still in CA though...tee hee...just a bit of humor this evening. Six months before retirement and here we come!

Old 10-19-2007, 12:25 AM

871 posts, read 1,975,671 times
I just heard there was a tornado in Willard. Seen pics of the devastation on the news. So terrible. Why, Why, Why does anyone live in a mobile home out there or anywhere considered tornado alley? So sad! IMO no one should be allowed to have mobile homes out there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri