Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 05:34 PM

1 posts, read 900 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

So I am new here and I was looking for a good community of teachers to join. I am about to get my Master's Degree in Early childhood and Childhood Education with a concentration in Pre K - Grade 6. My last semester will be next Fall and I would be graduating in January 2014.

My last semester is like an internship so it is student teaching in a school and state of my choice. I chose to teach in Missouri. Mainly because I have been to it many times and I like it there. So I am required to find a supervisor to supervise me 4 times during my student teaching semester. However, I don't know teachers who live in Missouri. I am thinking of teaching in 2 different schools; one in Warrensberg and the other one in another town called Harrisonville. I was told that my supervisor should be either a principal, vice principal, an experienced teacher in the school, or a retired teacher.

I decided to post this on a teaching forum because I was hoping that any of you would be able to help me find a supervisor that I can contact to arrange for my student teaching semester next fall.

Please if anyone knows a teacher/principal in Missouri who would be willing to supervise my performance 4 times during the whole semester, please let me know or advise me who I can contact. Thank you so much in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 08:23 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,057,825 times
I would imagine that whatever school agrees to allow you to student teach, will provide you with appropriate supervision. You will need to contact the schools you are interested in, and ask what their process is to apply as a student teacher. Such positions are limited and can be competitive in certain areas so it might be a good idea to start inquiring sooner than later, especially if you do not have local references and/or are not coming from a nearby university.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri