Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 05:52 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,340,453 times

Advertisements

No no worries were not looking here but am wondering what you could tell me about this area.

My absolute favorite (yes you can put my really smart mouth tone to that) Sister in law and brother in law live there ........and to hear them say it they live on a hill with nobody around for 500000000000000 million miles and they are soo broke bla bla bla..

Ok now am off my soap box .. well nope my fav sis in law was just here .. how broke they are managed to make it to Illinois right after Christmas - Imagine that! lol

So anyway can ya tell me about this area - I need fire power!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 06:49 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,384,777 times
"JERRY, JERRY, JERRY, JERRY, JERRY, JERRY....."

Old 12-28-2007, 07:28 PM

baaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa

my sister in law makes jerry have angel halos - yes plural!

Old 12-28-2007, 08:02 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,384,777 times
I don't know, 2be... It's just a rural farming community similar to what you're wanting in MO. Nothing more and nothing less. Why your relatives are broke, I dunno. On a more serious note, I'm not sure the thing to do is ask us Missourians to talk dirty about our own state. The same state many of us have provided you and others with helpful information on various locales that spark an interest. I appreciate your sense of humor in response to mine, but I kind of took your thread as biting the hand that feeds you. ~MoNat.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:01 PM

ahhhhhhhh no do not take me wrong please!! I am not out to talk dirty on a area .. gosh no .. the more remote the more peace it should bring

Ya know the Jerry show - the few times I have seen it .......my sister in law could of been on that show ............ seriously! I just need to know the area ..........for many different reasons .. NOT to talk dirty on any area!!!

Ok bottom liine is she came to town ..gave this hard knock story to family - and walked away with one of our elderly aunts retirement funds! >>>> so I have reasons to know this area .... because I MIGHT need to be finding her! OK thats the part I did not want to say!

Missouri is a area that I LOVE!! OMG no way would I talk dirt on it... I know there are areas that are remote and I know there are areas that move a little slower than other places in the world - thats what I dream of having!!!

naa don't take me the wrong way ..maybe my nerves are shot and I am tired and aggravated ... I have a saying that I say .. do what ya want to me but do not harm a child or an elderly person ............ then I become a mean person to deal with ..and well my lovely sister in law ... is gonna meet t he mean side!

Old 12-29-2007, 08:04 AM

26,407 posts, read 46,575,260 times
Putnam County is very rural with a few CAFOs around. Most jobs are farm related with little in the way of non-farm employment. The nearest larger town is Kirksville. Putnam County is also the least diverse county in Missouri.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:34 PM

20 posts, read 41,140 times
Default Putnam County

Just to prevent any confusion, let me say that Kirksville is in Adair county, not Putnam. The largest town in Putnam County is the county seat, Unionville. That's all I better say!

Regards, ju539

Old 12-29-2007, 05:54 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,575,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ju539 View Post
Just to prevent any confusion, let me say that Kirksville is in Adair county, not Putnam. The largest town in Putnam County is the county seat, Unionville. That's all I better say!

Regards, ju539

That is correct. The nearest "big" town from Putnam County is Kirksville. Extreme southern IA is also very rural.

Old 12-30-2007, 03:51 PM

Thanks!!

Union ville is where they live...

Does anyone know how to access court documents ... I know other areas you can pull up the arrest records ........ or fines .. am I making since?

Old 12-30-2007, 09:47 PM

40 posts, read 262,924 times
If you enjoy being in the middle of nowhere, Putnam county is an awesome place to be.

Otherwise-

Kirksville, is just a couple steps above a small town. Yes, they have a wal-mart and a college. But, it just has nothing to offer that a true "city" does.

So, the nearest real "city" to Putnam is KC, perhaps 3 to 4 to 5 hours away?

The thing that really bugged me the very most about living in the Putnam county area was radio. I hated every radio station that could be received there with a fervent passion that bordered on zeal. Now days, Sirius satellite radio could fix that, but I will never forget hearing F'n "stairway to heaven" every 15 minutes for 4 years straight on 94.5 FM.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri