Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 12:34 PM

1 posts, read 836 times

Advertisements

Hello to all. I really could use so Good Solid Advice. I am a 39yr old Single mother of 2 toddlers ages 3 and 4. I am currently in GA but need to get away from a Very Abusive Man. I am wanting to relcoate to Kansas City MO to start over and new. Far away from him as possible. If anyone has any leads on Shelters or a Good place to call or look for when I make it there I would greatly appreciate it, just about anything would be helpful!! Thank you so much in advance. Be Blessed!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 01:05 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,222,332 times
I'm sorry I have no advice as I haven't been in MO. that long. I wanted to say I admire your strength and wish you and your kids the best. You and the babies must be protected, please get out as fast as you can. {{{hugs}}}

Old 07-29-2013, 01:15 PM

154 posts, read 343,898 times
Consider if the computer (or phone) you're using is safe for you to use in this kind of research.

If no, go to the library or another place with a "safe" computer.

Because: Internet and Computer Safety

For info on Missouri shelters and related assistance: Missouri Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:48 PM

978 posts, read 2,041,005 times
Wow, Georgia to Kansas City is quite the move. Have you considered finding a local shelter in Georgia before moving such a long distance away? Do you have any family locally you could stay with? This might give you time to find employment and permanent housing in Kansas City.

I'm no lawyer, but I would definitely recommend getting the court involved (if you haven't already).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri