Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2007, 11:34 AM

59 posts, read 152,405 times

Advertisements

IN your opinion what do you think farm land values are in south central missouri? just land...price per acre? list price-- sold prices south of lake of the ozarks as general area..lets here some Honist prices..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 12:08 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,551,240 times
you should post in the springfield-branson area

Old 11-15-2007, 08:22 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,654,796 times
Actually, since Springfield and Branson are considered as being in Southwest Missouri, it technically doesn't fall in "south central Missouri", as goodday suggested. I don't know if the prices are different between the two areas but since it is more rural in south central MO, I would think the prices there might be less.

Just guessing, of course! Is that the same as an "OPINION"? I never "shopped" for property alone so I can't really offer any real help to answer the question.

Goodday, have you shopped online at all?

Old 11-15-2007, 11:05 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,121 times
I am kind of in the south central, as long as you aren't concerned about east and west...Ma*ison County. I have seen land prices as low as $1,000 per acre for 900 acres and as high as 5,000 per acre for 5-10 acres, (location, location, location!) I don't know if they sold at those prices but that is what they were listed at.

I paid $3,300 per acre recently for 7.5 acres and have a cousin looking at 37 acres with the seller asking $3,700 per acre.

I hope that helps.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:59 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,058,452 times
Opinions, honesty, prices, and what values such an item may have to this or that person? Sorry, but to me, those terms don't compute together.

Land, like other commodities, are market driven. And as Inoxkeeper reminded, the three locations, that is one big key to it all.

Sorry, but just messing w/ ya - as such a question is so hard to pin point, there being so many generalizations and exceptions in such.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:37 PM

Hunh??? What the heck did you just say, Shadow??? Wanna start all over in ENGLISH???

Old 11-15-2007, 09:18 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,058,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Hunh??? What the heck did you just say, Shadow??? Wanna start all over in ENGLISH???
lol,,, Ok, for example [removing the Zen from the above], take the Antique Roadshow episode that aired tonight - one guy brings in this ~1885 beautiful wooden dresser, that you could rotate the upper section, and like magic a nice basin and pull down gravity fed faucet appeared. Appraiser guy said ~$2500 or so... then a few moments later, this other dude brings in this lamp, pretty and all, but this other appraiser fella said it be worth ~$25k! I mean, yea that lamp is nice and all, but to tell me that that piece of blown glass is worth 10x the value of that furniture? In other words, what is worth x amount of dollars to you, may not be squat to someone else - same goes for land. I love scrubby fields, forested ridges, streams - not at all really practical for a farmer type person, or a developer. I'd pay more for that parcel than they would, most likely. Then factor into the equation WHERE its located [ie: close to good roads, schools, shopping, medical facilities, airport, etc.], then "values" change - all on perceptions, desires, needs, and scarcity - market conditions.

Did that help?

Old 11-15-2007, 09:25 PM

Oh, yeaaah! (Lots of nodding, here!) I'm all over that!!! I totally get it, now! As a matter of fact, I agree! (Raised eyebrows!) It's true!!! Thanks for the explanation, Shadow! Oh, how I love English...and slang, too, apparently!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
View detailed profiles of: