Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 03:55 AM

3,742 posts, read 8,345,337 times

Advertisements

Well, fellow Missourians, its time to put away those shorts, swimsuits, and t-shirts, because winter is officially here. It is supposed to get much colder this week and there is a chance of snow from Joplin and points northward and northeastward this thanksgiving. In St. Louis there is a 60 percent chance of rain and snow wednesday night and a possible snow shower wednesday...in Rolla, KAnsas City, Springfield, Joplin, St. Louis, and most of Missouri, old man winter has arrived. There seems to be a chance of snow, even if only slight, for most of the state this week. It's about time if you ask me...what do you hope happens this winter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 08:17 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,019,909 times
Just allow me to travel safely back & forth to MO w/o them thar non-winter driving fools messing up the road!

no offense...

Old 11-19-2007, 08:39 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,535,911 times
We checked the weather for this week..... My kids are totally stoked that we might get Snow here on Thanksgiving in Macon..... I already put my summer clothes as soon the weather got cold here..... My husband not to happy about it because he got to work in it and his socks hasn't come yet and he need to buy mickey mouse boots.... No luck yet. I feel bad for him but I can't wait to see Snow.... Let it snow....Let it snow...

Old 11-19-2007, 09:21 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,615,164 times
'sposed to be in the 70's today and tomorrow then drop into the low 40's the rest of the week but I doubt seriously we'll see any of da white stuff here in the south end of the state. Maybe some rain come Wednesday we shall see!

Old 11-19-2007, 12:02 PM

26,376 posts, read 46,260,872 times
It is extremely warm for November. It just feels wrong to have temperatures this warm in November.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:25 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,019,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
It is extremely warm for November. It just feels wrong to have temperatures this warm in November.
C'mere my friend... we've some cold wind here that will cut through a few layers of clothing that you may enjoy!

Old 11-19-2007, 02:02 PM

2,140 posts, read 4,432,861 times
Quote:
As I write this, according to National and Local Weather Forecast, Radar, Map and Report it is 77 degrees in St. Joseph. It's supposed to get up to 72 degrees there tomorrow. By Thanksgiving it is supposed to plummet down to 14 degrees for a low temp.

Out here we got just a little bit of rain last night and this morning--less than a quarter of an inch. The same general pattern of "a ridge of high pressure is causing the Pacific storms to be pushed up into Washington and Oregon" is starting to rear its ugly head out here after a fairly wet October. Last year we received 2/3 of our normal rainfall, or 20 1/2 inches. Los Angeles last year received barely more rain than Death Valley in a normal year. Wonder how Atlanta's doing these days....OK, a few showers by Thanksgiving but no real super soakers.

Mickey Mouse boots? Silly old bear! I LOVE it. Hopefully I'll find a pair on sale over at the Shoppes at North Village or at the East Hills Mall in ol' Saint Joe when the time comes! They've gotta come in a size 12 for me.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:42 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,345,337 times
Quote:
Right now it is extremely warm for November. In a few days, I think you'll be singing a different tune On Thursday, St. Louis will have a high of 38 degrees and a low of 24 degrees fahrenheit. Joplin has a 40 percent chance of snow sometime this week, and it's lows are supposed to be below freezing later this week. check out wunderground.com and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:26 PM

I know it will cool down in a few days. I am looking forward to it! By the way, most areas of eastern Kansas and western Missouri had high temperatures in the upper 70s today. I think a few records were set. The cold does not bother me at all. Bring on winter!

Old 11-19-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
C'mere my friend... we've some cold wind here that will cut through a few layers of clothing that you may enjoy!
Bring on the nordic cold!
I am one of those "weird" people that dislikes the heat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri