Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 02:13 PM

205 posts, read 532,293 times

Advertisements

I was looking through some of the old threads on here and came across one of some deer pics that you got. I was wondering what kind of trail camera you use? It takes some great looking pics. When we still lived in Missouri I bought one of the cheapo stealth cams at Wal-Mart. It took decent pics as long as everything was just right, but I know the digitals take far superior pics to the 35mms.

Anyhow if you don't mind could you give me some info about it?

Thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 03:11 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,894,204 times
It's a Moultrie Game Spy 200. It's digital, I have a 128 Meg SD card in it and I use a rechargeable 6v battery with a small solar panel. I got it all at Bass Pro.

It's a great camera, I haven't had any trouble with it so far...and I love getting to see who has been passing by my feeder. I am hoping for a bear to show up but so far I have got pix of humans, dogs, foxes, deer, coons, squirrels, turkeys, possums & crows.

The whole set up cost me almost $200 but I think they are getting cheaper. I take my laptop and a USB cable to the tree it's tied to and download the pix in the field.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Inox

Old 12-31-2007, 04:49 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,380,725 times
Humans? As in a trespasser?

Old 01-02-2008, 10:05 AM

Thanks for the info. $200.00 for all that doesn't sound too bad. I've seen several that cost way more than that and they don't seem to take any better pictures than what you're getting with yours.

I might try to get a digital when we get moved back there. Seems so much easier to use. I used to have trouble getting the film to feed in the one I have now. And it used up batteries like crazy.

Thanks again.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:40 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,549,887 times
Well it depends what type of camera you are looking for. Are you looking for a camera simple and put in your pocket or a big bulky camera where you can change lens and can use it manually or automatic. I got my new camera a couple months ago. I wanted a camera that I carry with me all the time and easy enough that my husband can just turn it on and take pictures. I got Sony Canon DSC-N2 camera that has great feature no look out hole to take picture just look at the screen and take pictures. You can also set it to snow,beach, landscape setting and it comes with a great editing cd and you can fit this camera in the pocket. Now quite of few people got the Canon Powershot S2IS digital camera that takes supreme pictures and you can get lens that really close up and such. My brother has one and our very Dear Friend DA Jammer has one if you got questions about that camers. I hope this helps you some.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
Well it depends what type of camera you are looking for. Are you looking for a camera simple and put in your pocket or a big bulky camera where you can change lens and can use it manually or automatic. I got my new camera a couple months ago. I wanted a camera that I carry with me all the time and easy enough that my husband can just turn it on and take pictures. I got Sony Canon DSC-N2 camera that has great feature no look out hole to take picture just look at the screen and take pictures. You can also set it to snow,beach, landscape setting and it comes with a great editing cd and you can fit this camera in the pocket. Now quite of few people got the Canon Powershot S2IS digital camera that takes supreme pictures and you can get lens that really close up and such. My brother has one and our very Dear Friend DA Jammer has one if you got questions about that camers. I hope this helps you some.

Thanks for the input. Actually we were talking about trail cameras that attach to a tree and get pictures of critters.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:20 AM

Like these...

Last edited by Inoxkeeper; 03-03-2008 at 07:11 AM..

Old 01-03-2008, 10:18 AM

Exactly!! That buck sure is nice and plump. Oh those frosty leaves....I can't wait!!

Old 01-03-2008, 11:21 AM

Here is one where my camera could have been a bit quicker on the draw.

Foxy!

Last edited by Inoxkeeper; 03-03-2008 at 07:11 AM..

Old 01-03-2008, 11:46 AM

LOL! They can be quick!

What kind of goodies have you got there for the critters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri