Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 04:03 AM

56 posts, read 158,683 times

Advertisements

That was good, Thanks.
Place yourself in the land-owners or citizens shoes for a moment then ask yourself the same question again. Job security from the other prospective is that their will always be criminals. LOL...

Old 02-04-2008, 06:54 AM

Here are the answers to some of your questions asked in the survey:
NO NAIS, You are so right, National Animal Identification System is something that will cost you and me more money, I believe, and this will kill me in the polls, that what you do on your property, what you grow, how many you grow is none of any-ones business. If you put your product in the open market, to the public, I think they could test it then. Finding ways to track what you own is another way to make sure the government knows how much to tax you etc, etc. Once more, what you do on your property, what you grow, how many you grow, is none of any-ones business. Until it becomes law, folks need to mind their own business.
NO NATIONAL ID: I agree, another way to get money from you and me. The government already has information on and about us. What they are attempting to do is to make a simple way to charge us more money for more government groups. If one were not quite so lazy, one could simply cross reference the computer databases now being used and come up with the same information. Kind of a shame you and I need to fund laziness.
NO BIG GOVERNMENT: Unfortunately what I am seeing in this county is a shorthanded government. They need about 3 additional deputies but on the same hand they need to eliminate several (Upper level management) positions. From what I am seeing the county is somewhat top heavy and really skinny at the lower levels.
NO ABUSING THE LAW: WOW are you right on with this one. I opened the newspaper yesterday and found a article on how the county received an overpayment, (About 100K) and the treasury folks told the commissioners it was an overpayment. Rather than returning it, the commission spent it. I don’t know how many ways you can tell a commission it is an error and to send it back. Sounds criminal to me, wonder why the sheriff is not involved in that? Maybe he is? Maybe the same reason moral and ethical activity is overlooked because it involved a member of the commission? Ethical conduct? Moral Conduct? Where is the Sheriff?
SERVE AND PROTECT: I agree, I am just wondering when we serve? Who are we afraid of? Why is this stuff going on? And most importantly who is allowing it to go on?
LOCAL GOVERNMENT IS THE GOVERNMENT: So true, but is that what you see now?
TOTAL TRANSPARENCY, We may need to disagree on this one. I think the sheriffs office needs to be much more involved in the community.
Public Involvement: All deputies should have at least one public/community project, where the deputy is directly involved in community affairs. These activities should involve children, young teen adults, and people needing help. Deputies should be a roll model for this segment of the community. Example activities may include, baseball, football, “Legal drag racing“, preparatory training classes, concealed carry courses, search and rescue, spouse abuse abatement programs, big brother-big sister, shop with a cop, High school senior training etc.
High School Programs are one of the greatest settings to recruit young officers, deputies, Jailers, Administrative Assistants, and new staff. Training High school students accomplishes several goals. First, it gives a goal to the student, It allows for educational achievement, It gives students something to do, and it allows educated students to embark on long term careers if they choose. Most importantly it teaches students exactly what the laws are, so they do not need to learn by getting picked up.
I know where grant funds are that would finance these types of programs.
Ride-a-Long Programs should be created so that citizens may participate in law enforcement programs. Citizens should not be allowed to participate in high risk operations, and very well may be asked by the deputy to get out of the patrol car during hazardous events.
I am really big on community involvement however it should be balanced by safety of deputies and citizens. All ride-a-long programs would have a waiver of responsibility that should be signed by an adult, relieving the county of any liability during these events.

NO FAVOR TO MEMBERS OF "SECRET SOCIETY" aka masonry : I’m not sure, if this is not a part of what is going on now. Something is wrong, the system is broken, or the folks in administration as it is now, have different agenda’s than the public. Without being inside the existing system, I don’t know what the underside looks like. If elected, I will find out. I may find myself in bed with a horse head but I guarantee you one thing, we will all find out what is going on. PUBLICLY
IF YOU WANT TO MAKE CHANGES YOU BETTER GET REAL!:
PEOPLE ARE GETTING EDUCATED ON A MASS SCALE AS FOR WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A CANDIDATE, WE WILL BE WATCHING!!! I sincerely hope so. One of the things you will see if I am elected is full court press. You will see a website where people can ask questions, see what’s going on, give advice, and see exactly what’s happening with their government. Boy is that going to make some folks angry. But: It is your government. The only people who can change what’s happening is you and me.
There is no way to get information about the activities of our elected officials right now. If elected, That would change.

Thank you so much for your input. It is experts like you who can make changes for the better. You are awesome and if you know anyone who has questions please feel free to give them my email address. smithmi@mail.com
I will give honest and open answers. You may not like the honesty but you deserve it.
Mike

Old 03-21-2008, 06:26 PM

5 posts, read 11,607 times
sorry but I dont think you know alot about county people one thing they dont like is when you put others down to make yourself look good. Not sure how things worked where you were from ( big city life ) Your right there is a lot of grants out there BUT did you say anything about most grants wants that county to put so much money in the pot to get that grant and the way this countys budget is,there is none to give. I have lived in Reynolds county for about 8 years now and I have never had a deputy say anything out of the way to me. I have had them speak to me, just to ask me how I was doing. You are talking about hiring more people, again yes there are grants but the county has to be willing to put up the other part of it. Yes there is crime in reynolds county but show me one just one county where there is no crime. There are alot of arrest in this county that you dont hear about. Alot of them never go to court. Not sure how it works from where you are from but after the arrest its up to the prosecuting attorneys office what happens after that, not the deputys in any county in MO. deputys dont have that power. You talked about having deputys work other parts of the county where they dont live,thats a little hard when there is four deputys in this county and most of the time there is only two on at a time,so if that deputy is on duty and he has a call in the area where he lives, so hes not to go because he lives there. (TRASH ) I had lots of it dumped on my land the deputys found names on some of the papers, all the same name it was turned in, when I called the deputy about it I was advised since noone seen this person dump it the PA was not going to file anything, that was not the deputys fault. Sorry alot of things you said are not right. people in reynolds county likes to hear the truth not something made up to make you sound good. so by telling the people of reynolds county something thats not right or not telling everything, that would make you no better then the system you are talking about. The people of reynolds county are smart they can tell when they are being bulled by someone running for office. Since this is not what you wanted to hear not sure if this will even get posted but I made my point.

Last edited by purelove; 03-21-2008 at 06:44 PM..

Old 03-22-2008, 05:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,466 times
wow,I think you are saying what you are and putting the sheriffs dept down for other reasons then you want to help the county, maybe for a little revenge. I live close to you I see how your kids or some of your family drives up and down the gravel roads. I was there when your son or someone from your family hit my friends head on and since your son or a part of your family got into trouble,wow now you want to run for sheriff. VERY lucky he didnt kill them. Sounds more like revenge and not really for the people of this county. Oh and for the secret society, I have family that belongs and they do alot of good everywhere. Before the election roles around they all will know you have talked about them on your site, oh lets see that will put you oh about 700 votes behind not counting there family and friends.The deputys they have wrote me tickets before because of my driving my fault and never been out of place with me. We even talked about hunting while he was writing me. I have to say you are a good writer you know how to put the bull into words. With the bull you all putting out there you should run for something to do with the white house you would be right up there with them.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:20 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,826,047 times
Sorry to hear about the flooding. Dad said the phone company got flooded a little bit and that the Orange Blossom might be done for.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:33 PM

MY RESPONSE OR QUESTION”
I met with the sheriff day before yesterday and I must clarify what the questions are, and how I responded. The sheriff brought up a great point. He did not know what questions were asked and what was answered. He is 100% correct. The confusion came from me assuming that capitalizing the question would indicate what the question was. I apologize, it was a bad assumption on my part and it made it look like one long statement. THAT WAS NOT MY INTENT. Please remember, the questions listed on the thread were questions raised by the people taking the survey. My last question on the survey asked “what would you change if you were sheriff”. This was a very open ended question and brought many responses.

YOUR STATEMENT OR QUESTION:
“sorry but I dont think you know alot about county people one thing they dont like is when you put others down to make yourself look good.”

MY RESPONSE OR QUESTION”
OK, Just to touch on a quick point, I did, and do, want to hear exactly what your views are with each topic.
Let me start by asking where, anywhere in the post, I put any other person down?
If you come up with a name, you have installed it.
Also, did you read the very first line on the thread?

“Not sure how things worked where you were from ( big city life ) Your right there is a lot of grants out there BUT did you say anything about most grants wants that county to put so much money in the pot to get that grant and the way this countys budget is,there is none to give.”

MY RESPONSE OR QUESTION”
Next: Not all grants, specifically in law enforcement, require matching funds. Just now I did an internet search and located 9 grants that (I believe) do not require matching funds. I will list them at the end of this post. Please remember, this is a 15 second search. Grant writers generally spend hours and hours looking up grants.

I have lived in Reynolds county for about 8 years now and I have never had a deputy say anything out of the way to me. I have had them speak to me, just to ask me how I was doing.

MY RESPONSE OR QUESTION”
A; That is wonderful and I hope it keeps up. Unfortunately you (According to my survey) are one of the rare ones. In the survey I asked: “What would you change?”
Question #11 I think. The second place answer was “the angry attitude”. I did not ask any questions about attitude, The question was not leading, it was a blank box.
I said nothing about attitude. Attitude came up by the Reynolds County Public, not the survey.

You are talking about hiring more people, again yes there are grants but the county has to be willing to put up the other part of it.

MY RESPONSE OR QUESTION”
A; I think we covered this topic.

Yes there is crime in reynolds county but show me one just one county where there is no crime. Alot of them never go to court. Not sure how it works from where you are from but after the arrest its up to the prosecuting attorneys office what happens after that, not the deputys in any county in MO.

MY RESPONSE OR QUESTION
A; Yes, you are correct. And as it should be. I do not recall saying there is no crime in the county? “There are a lot of arrest in this county that you don’t hear about.”
Did I make reference to this topic somewhere?

You talked about having deputys work other parts of the county where they dont live, thats a little hard when there is four deputys in this county and most of the time there is only two on at a time, so if that deputy is on duty and he has a call in the area where he lives, so hes not to go because he lives there.

MY RESPONSE OR QUESTION
We are going to have to disagree on this. If two deputies are on shift, the deputy who does not live in that area needs to take care of the call. Statistics have shown time and time again that officers taking law enforcement action in their own neighborhood is a safety risk for the officer. If it is an emergency call, obviously the deputy living in that neighborhood should take the call only to the point the other deputy can get there. It is just simply not safe for officers to take action near their own nest. It is a pain, but the officer still needs to live with their neighbors after the call.

(TRASH ) I had lots of it dumped on my land the deputys found names on some of the papers, all the same name it was turned in, when I called the deputy about it I was advised since noone seen this person dump it the PA was not going to file anything, that was not the deputys fault.
Once again you are 100% correct. “that was not the deputys fault.”
A; Yes, you are correct. And as it should be. I do not recall saying there is no crime in the county? “There are alot of arrest in this county that you don’t hear about.”
Did I make reference to this topic somewhere?

MY RESPONSE OR QUESTION
Once again, where did I say that it was? What I said is that trash dumping should be addressed really aggressively. I can’t in my heart just set aside trash dumping, and making it OK, because someone did’ent see it happen. If I killed someone, and threw the gun into a field after the fact, does that mean I am not guilty of doing the killing with that gun? We need to be reasonable with our laws. Is this a problem with the prosecuting attorney? Or, does the prosecuting attorney have enough investigative information to prosecute the case? I don’t know where the problem is. Is what you are telling me is that the trash and dumping not a problem?

Sorry alot of things you said are not right. people in reynolds county likes to hear the truth not something made up to make you sound good.

MY RESPONSE OR QUESTION
Please tell me what was made up, so if I am wrong I can correct it.

so by telling the people of reynolds county something thats not right or not telling everything, that would make you no better then the system you are talking about.

MY RESPONSE OR QUESTION
OK, Once again, Please tell me “what is not right, or not telling everything”, so if I am wrong I can correct it.

The people of reynolds county are smart they can tell when they are being bulled by someone running for office.

MY RESPONSE OR QUESTION
Once again, you are 100% correct, And I really hope that continues. I am putting a lot of trust that the intelligence of the people in Reynolds county will prevail in this election.

Since this is not what you wanted to hear not sure if this will even get posted but I made my point.

MY RESPONSE OR QUESTION
As I stated in the first of this post, I do want to hear from people just like you.
Thank You for taking the time to clarify your position. And, guess what? I am not the enemy. I like you, want the very best we can get for this county. Someone show me a better way and all this can go away. Please read this without being quite so negitive (Angry) just once. Please keep it in context. I have not attacked any one person, I have attacked the system because I believe the system can be improved. And it needs to be improved. If you are not thinking the same, my assumption would be that everything is perfect. Is it? Hmmmm

Here are some of the instant grants.

Police Grant Organization Due Date
ECitation / eCrash Solutions Software Grant TRACView Traffic Accident Solutions 03/31/2008

Twenty First Century Community Learning Centers U.S. Department of Education April 2008

Assistance to firefighters Grants (AFG) Department of Homeland Security April 2008

Intelligent Transportation Systems Research and Innovative Technology
Administration (RITA) April 2008

Law Enforcement Terrorism Prevention Program U.S. Department of Homeland Security April 2008
(LETPP)
Metropolitan Medical Response System (MMRS) U.S. Department of Homeland Security April 2008

Justice and Mental Health Collaboration Program U.S. Department of Justice May 6, 2008

FCC Rural Health Care Pilot Program Federal Communications Commission May 2008

Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools U.S. Department of Education May 2008

Old 03-27-2008, 01:35 PM

peacetotheworld,
I am sorry you are so angry, That was not the intent either.

YOUR STATEMENT OR COMMENT
wow,I think you are saying what you are and putting the sheriffs dept down for other reasons then you want to help the county, maybe for a little revenge.

MY STATEMENT OR COMMENT
Well OK, Ill start again. Where did I put the sheriffs office down? I would like to be able to correct it.

I live close to you I see how your kids or some of your family drives up and down the gravel roads.

MY STATEMENT OR COMMENT
OK, Is their a problem with the way they drive?

I was there when your son or someone from your family hit my friends head on and since your son or a part of your family got into trouble, wow now you want to run for sheriff.

MY STATEMENT OR COMMENT
Boy I don’t even know where to start, or how to answer that. I don’t even know what this statement said. But I will give it a try.
Yes, as a matter of fact. The investigation was done so poorly it did spark the question, “why was this accident investigation not conducted properly”? also, I don’t recall any of my family getting into trouble. The insurance company did not raise the rates once they looked at the evidence, they did investigate but the rates are the same. Hmmm.
By the way, the sheriffs office did not investigate my sons accident. I’m not sure why. It did occur on a county road, and you were there?

VERY lucky he didnt kill them.

MY STATEMENT OR COMMENT
You are so right. I wish you knew the facts, Or had passed your TA1 course. Basic physics tell the story. Anytime there is an accident someone is at risk. But you know that. I have a math problem you could work out that would answer your question if you wish. The result really does tell the story. Email me and I will send it to you. smithmi@mail.com You are grossly misinformed. Or, if you are the person who almost scraped your truck on the troopers car you should know better.

Sounds more like revenge and not really for the people of this county.

MY STATEMENT OR COMMENT
I am not sure where revenge came from? Revenge for what?

Oh and for the secret society, I have family that belongs and they do alot of good everywhere. Before the election roles around they all will know you have talked about them on your site, oh lets see that will put you oh about 700 votes behind not counting there family and friends.

MY STATEMENT OR COMMENT
OK, but could you point out to me where I talked about them?

The deputys they have wrote me tickets before because of my driving my fault and never been out of place with me.

MY STATEMENT OR COMMENT
That’s good. I am glad you have such a great history with them. But the people that took the survey do not agree.

We even talked about hunting while he was writing me. I have to say you are a good writer you know how to put the bull into words.

MY STATEMENT OR COMMENT
Well you can call it bull, but I just call it as I see it. And lots of other people do as well.

With the bull you all putting out there you should run for something to do with the white house you would be right up there with them.

MY STATEMENT OR COMMENT
I really need a class on how to deal with sarcastic people who simply look at the glass half full.

Hmmmm. The one thing I do not do is flat out lie. Or use my company time to enter into…..No, I wont play into that.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:42 AM

2 posts, read 4,693 times
Default Instant Grants List Analysis

ReynoldsCounty and the cities within do participate in grant programs. There have been, and will continue to be, improvements to local law enforcement using grant funding when it is feasible and applicable to the needs of the community.

I will restrict my further comments to the grants listed in your post, and attempt to show that doing a quick search and using the results to support your position does not properly inform the public. It only creates a false impression that grants are numerous, and an easy path to funding local law enforcement services.

Information obtained from Police and Law Enforcement grants section and checked with the program's granting authority website. Please excuse any awkward formatting caused by my 'cutting and pasting'.

Assistance to firefighters Grants (AFG)
http://www.firegrantsupport.com/afg/
The purpose of the Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) program is to award one-year grants directly to fire departments and nonaffiliated emergency medical services (EMS) organizations in order to enhance their abilities with respect to fire and fire-related hazards. Our primary goal is to provide assistance to meet fire departments’ and nonaffiliated EMS organizations firefighting and emergency response needs. This program seeks to support organizations that lack the tools and resources necessary to more effectively protect the health and safety of the public and their emergency response personnel with respect to fire and all other hazards.

A "fire department" is defined as an agency or organization that has a formally recognized arrangement with a State, territory, local, or tribal authority (city, county, parish, fire district, township, town, or other governing body) to provide fire suppression to a population within a fixed geographical area on a first-due basis.

A "nonaffiliated EMS organization" is defined as a public or private nonprofit emergency medical services organization that provides direct emergency medical services, including medical transport, to a specific geographic area on a first-due basis but is not affiliated with a hospital and does not serve a geographic area where emergency medical services are adequately provided by a fire department.

Ellington Volunteer Fire Department
[CENTER][CENTER]Ellington[/CENTER]
[CENTER]MO[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Operations and Safety[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[RIGHT][RIGHT]$39,828.00[/RIGHT][/RIGHT]
Personal Protective Equipment ($40,425)
[RIGHT][RIGHT]01/25/08[/RIGHT][/RIGHT]

Bunker Volunteer Fire Department
[CENTER][CENTER]Bunker[/CENTER]
[CENTER]MO[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Vehicle Acquisition[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[RIGHT][RIGHT]$72,367.00[/RIGHT][/RIGHT]
Vehicle Acquisition ($75,000)
[RIGHT][RIGHT]10/06/06[/RIGHT][/RIGHT]

Comments:

Two examples to show that this grant is known and utilized are given above.

Can you describe how this grant could be used by the Reynolds County Sheriff's Department?

Law Enforcement Terrorism Prevention Program (LETPP)
a component of the Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP)
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/odp/grants_hsgp2007.htm

LETPP focuses upon the prevention of terrorist attacks and provides law enforcement and public safety communities with funds to support intelligence gathering and information sharing through enhancing/establishing fusion centers; interoperable communications; and collaboration with non-law enforcement partners, other government agencies and the private sector.
The funding priorities for the FY 2007 HSGP reflect the Department’s overall investment strategy, in which two priorities have been paramount: risk-based funding and regional security cooperation.

The Governor of each State has designated a State Administrative Agency (SAA) to apply for and administer the funds under HSGP. The SAA is the only agency eligible to apply for HSGP funds and is responsible for obligating HSGP funds to local units of government and other designated recipients.

The State of Missouri link is http://sema.dps.mo.gov/terrorism.htm.

This grant may have provided funds to the local area recently. There is no award list given. The Sheriff's Department has had a recent communications upgrade. Verification would have to be obtained from the Sheriff's Department.

Comments:

The only program open for application is the Citizen Corps. Application end date is April 28. Grant may have future potential.

Past use of funds has been focused on interpretability (everyone can communicate with everyone else - compatible radios, etc.) and fingerprint scanners.

Some restrictions based on population for certain programs.

Metropolitan Medical Response System (MMRS)
a component of the Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP)

Refer to Law Enforcement Terrorism Prevention Program (LETPP).

No new comments.

Justice and Mental Health Collaboration Program
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/BJA/grant/08JMHCPsol.pdf

The Justice and Mental Health Collaboration Program seeks to increase public safety through innovative cross-system collaboration for individuals with mental illness who come into contact with the criminal or juvenile justice systems. The Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) is seeking joint applications from eligible applicants seeking to plan, implement, or expand an adult or juvenile collaboration program. This program is funded through the Mentally Ill Offender Treatment and Crime Reduction Act of 2004 (MIOTCRA) (Public Law 108-414).

A grant made under this program may not cover more than 80 percent of the total costs of the project being funded during the first two years of the grant. For Category II (Planning and Implementation), the grant can cover no more than 60 percent of the total costs of the project during the third year. The applicant must identify the source of the non-federal portion of the budget and how match funds will be used. Applicants may satisfy this match requirement with either cash or in-kind services.

Comments:

Matching funds required up to 40%.

I suggest reading the document at the link for this grant carefully.

FCC Rural Health Care Pilot Program
http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/rural/rhcp.html
The Commission has exercised its authority under section 254(h)(2)(A) to establish discounts and funding mechanisms for advanced services provided by both telecommunications carriers and non-telecommunications carriers. The pilot program will fund a significant portion of the costs of deploying a dedicated broadband network that connects multiple public and non-profit health care providers, within a state or region, as well as providing the "advanced telecommunications and information services" that ride over that network. Consistent with the mandate provided in section 254(h)(2)(A) and general principles of universal service, all eligible public and non-profit health care providers may apply to participate in the pilot program, but applicants must include in their proposed networks public and non-profit health care providers that serve rural areas.

Comments:

I do not see how this relates to funding local law enforcement.

Intelligent Transportation Systems
http://www.itsoverview.its.dot.gov/ITSInMyState.asp

Intelligent Transportation Systems [DOT]

Grant Details:Amount: Varies
Application Due Date: April 2008

Description:
The overall objective of the ITS-OTMC Program is to facilitate, in connection with the Congestion Initiative, the operational testing of innovative and aggressive congestion reduction strategies incorporating ITS systems that can demonstrate measurable reductions in congestion levels in the testing areas. In its discretion, the Department may provide up to $100 million over three years through the ITS-OTMC Program which the Department established as part of the ITS Program. In order to support the objectives of the Congestion Initiative, the Department is seeking applications for the operational testing and evaluation of innovative uses of technology to address congestion on a specific facility or facilities, such as a corridor, an urban area or region. Accordingly, qualifying projects must be expected to directly result in significant, broad, and near-term congestion relief. Projects that the Department will consider may include demand management pricing strategies, advanced traffic signal control, innovative incident detection and management strategies, integrated corridor management, parking management tied to transit service, high occupancy/toll (HOT) lanes, managed lanes, ramp control, lane-keeping devices or longitudinal control designed to enhance spatial efficiency on existing highways, precision docking, signal priority systems for buses, no-contact fare collection, real-time travel information (bus arrival times, schedules, emergency information to first-responders, etc.), advanced traveler information systems, parking alerts, or automatic vehicle locator systems. The Department encourages the submission of project proposals that contain technologies which support pricing strategies. Projects that use technology to support and combine congestion mitigation strategies (such as congestion pricing, expansion of transit capacity, and telecommuting) are encouraged. Project applications should demonstrate that proposed strategies will be implemented in a relatively short time frame (e.g., within 12 to 18 months from the date of procurement). The Department will provide up to the statutorily allowable 80 percent share of the estimated costs of an approved project. Funds available for the ITS-OTMC Program are intended to support the implementation costs of the proposed operational testing. Costs of planning, testing, managing, operating, demonstrating, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting are eligible for reimbursement. The Department will evaluate the admittance of proposed costs in accordance with OMB Circular A-87 Cost Principles for State and Local Governments.

Comments:

Matching funds again.

Traffic congestion in ReynoldsCounty?

We may want to wait on this one.

ECitation / eCrash Solutions Software Grant
http://www.tracview.com
TRACView is pleased to announce 2007 grant funding for TRACView Traffic Accident Solutions. Total funding is available to qualifying public safety agencies nationwide. Grant includes 100% funding for hardware, software, training and installation of software and services. TRACView is being used by over 125 police departments across the United States. Our software reduces your staff workload and makes managing accident reports a simple task. This grant is 100% fully funded by TRACView and requires no match by your agency. Everything you need is provided free of charge. Apply today!

Comments:

Anyone see an advertisement here? Click on the link and see if you can find the grant information.

The idea here seems to be that the company provides a free service to the law enforcement agency. The agency then duplicates their efforts by scanning information into the company database. I am sure this is an over-simplification.

Most Missouri Sheriff's Departments do not handle traffic accidents. The Missouri State Highway Patrol does. It is a job function of the MSHP. Most cities handle traffic accidents within their jurisdiction using the state forms and/or software.

Citations written in this county are manageable without using an ECitation system.

Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools
http://www.ed.gov/programs/dvpemergencyresponse/index.html

This grant program is designed to provide funds to LEAs to strengthen and improve their school emergency management plans, at the district and school-building level. Grantees are required to address all four phases of
emergency management: prevention and mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery. In addition, LEAs are required to form partnerships and collaborate with community organizations, local law enforcement agencies, heads of local governments, and offices of public safety, health, and mental health as they review and revise school crisis plans. Plans must be coordinated with state or local homeland security plans and support
implementation of the National Incident Management System (NIMS).

Grant funds may be used for the following activities: training school safety teams and students; conducting
building and facilities audits; communicating emergency response policies to parents and guardians; implementing
an Incident Command System (ICS); purchasing school safety equipment (to a limited extent); conducting drills
and tabletop simulation exercises; and preparing and distributing copies of crisis plans.

Who May Apply: (by category) Local Education Agencies (LEAs)

Comments:

Local law enforcement agencies may not apply. Collaboration could occur.

Funding currently closed.

Might be worth mentioning to county school districts.

Twenty First Century Community Learning Centers
http://www.ed.gov/programs/21stcclc/index.html

This program supports the creation of community learning centers that provide academic enrichment opportunities during non-school hours for children, particularly students who attend high-poverty and low-performing schools. The program helps students meet state and local student standards in core academic subjects, such as reading and math; offers students a broad array of enrichment activities that can complement their regular academic programs; and offers literacy and other educational services to the families of participating children.

Who May Apply: (by category) State Education Agencies (SEAs)
Who May Apply: (specifically) Awards are made to SEAs. Local education agencies (LEAs) and nonprofit organization may apply to states for subgrants.

Comments:

This is for schools, and has to be applied for through the State of Missouri.
http://dese.mo.gov/divcareered/Grant...ed)_082307.doc

ArcadiaValley received funding at least twice since 2003.

Grant might be worth mentioning to county school districts.

Summary:

Yes, there are grants available. Does local law enforcement have the time and resources to apply for them all? No. Do they apply for the ones that are most cost effective and that they have the most chance of being awarded? Yes, every opportunity they get.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:33 AM

139 posts, read 153,450 times
Hopefully, you have also decided to WIN.
Good luck!

Old 04-27-2008, 05:53 AM

Guess what? You are absolutly correct. Very good. Now look at the very same items and see what in each catagory is being paid for from the general fund? How could the general fund liability be reduced by obtaining grant funding? Even matching with funds? You can reduce the impact on the budget. Beleive it or not I am on your side with this.
I will go over the line items you listed in the next few days and try to explain witch funds stand a chance of being awarded. I am sorry but I am really dead in the water for time today, but I will spend some time with each one tomorrow.
Sounds to me like you have some budget/grant experience, that is great.
Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri