U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 09:28 AM

870 posts, read 1,894,506 times
Ahhhh 55 degrees and headed to 67!!! Too early for gardening, but great day to clean up flowerbeds, rake leaves and prepare for the new "babies" (annuals for extra color!!) My lilies and clematis are peeking thru at me and my rose bush has little shoots all over it!! Yeah!! And BONUS!! My indoor "Christmas" cactus decided to be an Easter Cactus and has little pink buds all over it!! (I get excited about things like that!) OH and the bluebonnets I seeded last year are coming up!!!
I'm REALLY happy about that!! My lil piece o Texas!! WOOHOOOO!! Spring is coming!!!http://bestsmileys.com/working/10.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 05:20 PM

14,965 posts, read 19,682,705 times
Warm; 71F for today. It was also windy with 45mph gusts today.
Tomorrow night it could be snowing again with some accumulations likely based on the NAM computer model.
Next week should be in the 40s for highs and 20s for lows.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:52 AM

5,827 posts, read 10,997,156 times
Today is beautiful. It's gotta be 70 degrees.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:39 PM

1,591 posts, read 2,270,694 times
http://mediaphoto.doctissimo.fr/dossiers/t/a/tartalacreme/grands-smileys/TN-4795-grand-vent.gif (broken link)
Well, it looks like Punxatawnee Plains10 called it right...of course! I'm enjoying the warmth while I can...
even if I'm not enjoying these winds! It's hard to believe it is 74 degrees outside and by tomorrow night,
after the threat of enough rain to potentially cause flooding, we could get 4 to 7 inches of snow in our area!

I just read this at my favorite weather site:

"The potential for heavy snow will occur Monday night into Tuesday
as the upper low closes off and assumes a storm track favorable
for a belt of snow accumulations for the Ozarks. To be more
specific...the latest forecast analysis suggests that areas along
and 25 miles east and west of a line from Anderson to Vichy
Missouri...will experience the best chance for accumulations ranging
from 4 - 7 inches. Signals for deformation and trowal interactions are
becoming more clear in both the GFS and WRF solutions. The WRF has
gone off the deep end by suggesting a 20 inch snow bullseye west
of Springfield. Given the amount of moisture availability Monday
night along with the magnitude of lift...the GFS has a much better
handle on snow accumulations. Snow will exit east of the County
Warning Area by Tuesday night as the upper low shifts into the Great Lakes."

Anderson is in the southwest corner of the state, below Joplin. Vichy is just above Rolla so that puts
the Springfield (and Branson) area right in the heart of the heavy stuff. Probably Lake of the Ozarks is in that area too.

Oh! I just realized I could probably show the map. Here ya go...

The X is where Vichy is. Anyway, if you read what it says about one of the "models" calling for 20 inches west of Springfield,
you'll definitely want to prepare...even though it will probably not happen like that.
At least, I think that's what the scientific forecaster was saying, anyway.

Sooo, batten down the hatches as spring comes in like a lion!

Or is it that winter is going to give us (hopefully) one last blast to remember it by?

Old 03-02-2008, 07:53 PM

25,441 posts, read 8,547,476 times
Yep, the 'X' is next to us. Been watching this off and on this evening. Will be here in no time. Have weather alerts on all the computers from different sites. They be blinking at me!!! With dire predictions of winter's hopefully last fling at us. But, we've lived in the area for almost 36 years and are used to the dramatic changes that occur. Just hate to be caught w/out some necessity. Long round trip drive. But, no ice, no problem.!

Old 03-02-2008, 07:58 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,345,608 times
the baby girl is hoping for another coupla snow days to close out the season

Old 03-02-2008, 08:17 PM

870 posts, read 1,894,506 times
Default Snow day & Nite!

Sounds like she is gonna get it!! I won't have class Tuesday, either if Reeds Spring is closed....hee hee

Old 03-02-2008, 10:22 PM

5,827 posts, read 10,997,156 times
I'm graduating, so I don't have to make up anymore snowdays at this point.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:45 AM

25,441 posts, read 8,547,476 times
Good Morning y'all!!! went from 70 to 42. Light rain right now. Still may have some snow Tuesday. Great day yesterday. See y'all later.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:50 AM

774 posts, read 866,157 times
What a beautiful day it was yesterday. We got a load of wood cut, gonna need it the next few days. It started raining late last night and has not let up at all! It was thundering and lightening last night and the old dog was having fits. He is 14 and hates rain storms. So I laid down on the couch and had to have my hand on him all night long. Finally got a bit of sleep. Hope the snow stays away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri