Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 08:29 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,533,923 times

Advertisements

Well I am glad everyone safe. I was worried about you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 08:58 PM

2,140 posts, read 4,430,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
Well I am glad everyone safe. I was worried about you all.
I'm really thankful my wife and I were able to make it back to California from the Kansas City Airport this past Monday morning at 10:20. The weather forecasts were ominous to say the least, and I thought we would be badly delayed and/or encounter a lot of turbulence during takeoff and the first part of the flight. None of this happened! Our plane skirted right around a big cumulonimbus cloud on the way up, and after 15 or 20 minutes we were in the clear.

Compared to southern MO, St. Joseph could actually use a little more rain, though not in the form of violent thunderstorms or hail! According to the local paper, St. Joe received only a mere 2 or 2 1/2 inches of precipitation during March, compared to 16 1/2 inches in Cape Girardeau during the same period. It still looked very much like the middle of winter while we were up there.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:21 PM

26,374 posts, read 46,232,890 times
Flash Flood Warnings and Watches are up currently for most of Missouri. Stay safe everyone!

Old 04-10-2008, 12:46 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,525,839 times
Storms here in central Missouri right now. More to come! Severe weather is now predicted. Stay aware and be prepared. Check w/ your local weather stations.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:14 AM

774 posts, read 1,412,501 times
According to the accuWeather radar this isn't going to let up anytime soon.
Just heard there is a tornado warning near Aurora.

It is pouring down in buckets right now. Had some really nasty lightening flashes, the electricity went out and back on, and then a really loud clap of thunder that shook the cabin!
The dogs are both scared. The big dog "Tucker" won't leave my side and Gator the pug has burrowed under the covers on the bed next to dahubby and I don't expect to see him anytime soon.

For all of you down near Branson , please be careful they are calling for some major flooding with this storm.

My prayers are with you all to be safe.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:34 AM

870 posts, read 3,070,882 times
Default Gullywasher!!

Coming down the hill today, I felt like I was whitewater rafting! http://bestsmileys.com/water/6.gif (broken link) Our neighborhood pond is up as high as it can get! When I woke up, it was all greenish looking outside! Scared me!! I't still raining, but has slacked off a lot! Missouri needs an umbrella, ella, ella...

Old 04-10-2008, 01:26 PM

870 posts, read 3,070,882 times
Default lj, are ya ok?

They have all the gates open at Table Rock Lake Dam and expect the level of Taneycomo to rise 3-5 feet today!!! They said if you evacuate, turn off your breakers, propane valves and water before you go! NO MORE RAIN, http://bestsmileys.com/beging/1.gif (broken link) !!!

lakejunkie! Hope you're high and dry!!

Old 04-10-2008, 01:36 PM

2,140 posts, read 4,430,772 times
Good heavens! Please take good care back there, everyone!

We are so (expletive) dry in northern California that it's shaping up to be a second consecutive year of drought. Not quite as dry as last year, but it hardly rained at all in March. The surrounding hills around Santa Rosa and Sonoma County are already starting to turn brown in places. Compared to Missouri, the coastal mountain ranges in California are just brown and ugly in the summer and most of the fall season.

I know this is precious little consolation, but Missourians are nearly unparalleled as far as neighbor helping neighbor is concerned during severe weather situations. May God bless and protect all of you!

Old 04-10-2008, 10:06 PM

1,635 posts, read 3,639,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
They have all the gates open at Table Rock Lake Dam and expect the level of Taneycomo to rise 3-5 feet today!!! They said if you evacuate, turn off your breakers, propane valves and water before you go! NO MORE RAIN, http://bestsmileys.com/beging/1.gif (broken link) !!!

lakejunkie! Hope you're high and dry!!
I'm so glad to see you share that info, Darlynn! Bless you for sharing it! Does anyone know how L J is faring?

Old 04-10-2008, 10:31 PM

26,374 posts, read 46,232,890 times
The weather today in E Kansas was no fun either. We had showers, thunderstorms, hail, strong winds, and sun today. It felt like a week of weather happened in one day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri