Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 09:33 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,212 times

Advertisements

Wow! I'm sorry to hear that, Plains10! So, are you all having flooding along with your stormy weather, as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 09:49 PM

26,408 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Wow! I'm sorry to hear that, Plains10! So, are you all having flooding along with your stormy weather, as well?
We did not have flooding. The weather was changeable, though Tomorrow will be cooler with highs in the 40s

Old 04-11-2008, 06:29 AM

774 posts, read 1,418,877 times
We had at least 4" here. Today it is sunny but the wind is really blowing.
One of are neighbors property (and he has a lot) borders Bryant Creek and one field was a lake, the field in front of his house is another lake, his driveway is a wash out. He is coming back from Texas today. The guy that has been watching his property told him NOT to try to get back to his house in his truck (not a 4x4) We did take his jeep up to where our horses are so he can use that to take the back way to his house.
In just the few hours we spent down there yesterday the water went way down, but, it still is not very passable getting to his house.
Neighbor helping Neighbor is the right ticket!

Old 04-11-2008, 09:55 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
They have all the gates open at Table Rock Lake Dam and expect the level of Taneycomo to rise 3-5 feet today!!! They said if you evacuate, turn off your breakers, propane valves and water before you go! NO MORE RAIN, http://bestsmileys.com/beging/1.gif (broken link) !!!

lakejunkie! Hope you're high and dry!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
I'm so glad to see you share that info, Darlynn! Bless you for sharing it! Does anyone know how L J is faring?
I'm fine...my house is well above the high water line. But I have friends who live on Lake Taneycomo that are having to evacuate...

Thanks for thinking of me!

Old 04-12-2008, 05:27 AM

Default Some pics of flood

Thought you might enjoy some pictures of our neighbors place after the flooding. This is me, standing in the middle of our neighbors hay field. Sorry about the size of the pic. I edited it to a thumbnail but it came up this big.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:29 AM

Believe it or not there is a road crossing here. Just this side of the "rapids".

Old 05-10-2008, 08:39 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Once again Mother Nature shows us who rules. Severe weather throughout most of our state. Here in Central MO. we have had strong winds and much rain, again. EMD called homes and warned of this. Lightening and so much thunder. So far no tornadoes in our area as of yet. Prayers for all in the southern part and also in Arkansas, OK and other states now experiencing severe weather. 11 killed so far. Please take care and be aware and alert.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:09 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,471,232 times
I was working Sat. night when the tornadoes hit SW Mo and Picher,OK. From my standpoint in the middle of the crisis (X-ray tech at St. John's hospital in Joplin). I can say I'm very proud of the emergency response groups in our area. Doctors and nurses were sent out to triage patients at the disaster sites. Law enforcement, EMTs, firefighters, chopper pilots, ambulance drivers and good samaritans in pickups all helped get people assistance. At the hospital we processed people at an amazing rate from registration on down to release. My department had people staying over shifts, called in many and even had a student show up who was not called but thought we might need help. Things were frantic but still organized. I hope we never go through anything like that again, but I'm proud of my co-workers for the great job they did!

Old 05-11-2008, 09:32 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Smile Thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebll31 View Post
I was working Sat. night when the tornadoes hit SW Mo and Picher,OK. From my standpoint in the middle of the crisis (X-ray tech at St. John's hospital in Joplin). I can say I'm very proud of the emergency response groups in our area. Doctors and nurses were sent out to triage patients at the disaster sites. Law enforcement, EMTs, firefighters, chopper pilots, ambulance drivers and good samaritans in pickups all helped get people assistance. At the hospital we processed people at an amazing rate from registration on down to release. My department had people staying over shifts, called in many and even had a student show up who was not called but thought we might need help. Things were frantic but still organized. I hope we never go through anything like that again, but I'm proud of my co-workers for the great job they did!

Thank you so very much to you and your coworkers whom give so much of their time and expertise during crises such as this. Thank you again.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:02 PM

870 posts, read 3,082,229 times
Default Wow, that's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebll31 View Post
We sure appreciate hearing things like that!
We are very proud of you and your team!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri