Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 12:51 AM

7 posts, read 34,421 times

Advertisements

I just saw your post and wanted to tell you about Neosho it is a wonderful small community, of about 11, 300. It is located in extreme southwest Missouri, close to Joplin, Mo. and Bentonville. Ar.

There are several manufacturing facilities here. La-Z-Boy builds their rocking chairs here and they employ about 1,200 people, then there is Jarden, Premier Turbines, which overhauls aircraft engines, J.T. Sports, and Scholastic is a large employer. There are about 6,500 manufacturing jobs in Neosho, so the actual employers are too numerous to list.

Neosho would definitely be the place for you. Peaceful safe town with good schools. It is about 20 to 25 minutes to large medical centers in Joplin. Also, Freeman Neosho Hospital is a nice small town Hospital that offers great services for any medical emergency with their 24 hour ER.

There are the little cafes on the square and the small town feel.

Neosho, like all communities, has its share of problems, but unlike some communities - Neosho is in the process of implementing serious plans to deal with them. For example, Missouri's Governor recently selected Neosho as one of the 10 original cities to participate in the DREAM Iniative, which is a downtown revitalization program that will continue the enhancement of our square and downtown area. There are currently several large buildings undergoing remodeling to bring them back to their appearance at the turn of the 20th Century.

The crime rate in Neosho is negligible. It is a safe community. As far as places to rent, I don’t think I would term them as "many", but there is housing available. The community has been growing for the last ten years, so housing has been affected. As far as average rent, I really don't know, because of course it would depend on what type of housing you were looking for; however, I would think $450 per month would get you a nice place. Also, there are a number of new subdivisions being built and the new houses would be worth a glance.

If there is anything else I could tell you, please ask. No matter where you decide to go, best of luck on your search and I hope you consider Neosho!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 07:31 AM

65 posts, read 128,540 times
Thank you but its going to be a year before we can move . We signed a one year lease here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri