Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 04:13 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,016,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Good Evening Everyone
Good evening to you too... and jdslady, congrats on the new job - can ya post a photo of quilts you work upon?

8 days till spring - yes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 05:54 PM

17,997 posts, read 9,007,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Good evening to you too... and jdslady, congrats on the new job - can ya post a photo of quilts you work upon?

8 days till spring - yes...

8 days to Winter is over!! I like winter

Old 03-12-2009, 09:18 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,016,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
8 days to Winter is over!! I like winter
lol, yea, I do too,,, but this has been IMHO a looooong winter, and I'm ready for some warmth - be good to get doing some outdoor activities that don't require umpteen layers of clothings, where any exposed flesh turns raw and blue from the bitter cold howling winds, and get to see some green and other colours besides just browns and whites and blues. And, lol, I can go gather me some more rocks - like I need more...

Old 03-12-2009, 09:22 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,230,756 times
Quote:
lol, yea, I do too,,, but this has been IMHO a looooong winter, and I'm ready for some warmth - be good to get doing some outdoor activities that don't require umpteen layers of clothings, where any exposed flesh turns raw and blue from the bitter cold howling winds, and get to see some green and other colours besides just browns and whites and blues. And, lol, I can go gather me some more rocks - like I need more...
And it is time to put some seed in the ground....Got to eat ya know...

Old 03-12-2009, 11:14 PM

1,635 posts, read 3,639,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdslady View Post
Morning everyone. Hope this dreary day finds everyone fit as a fiddle. Finally got the wireless card to load the page.... have a guy coming out this morning to see if we get a better signal with broadband. Snow hasn't hit here yet about 10 miles north of Branson. Northwoods, Lake Junkie, thank you for the kind words. Know what you mean about the job market. I was lucky enough to find a job downtown in a quilt shop. Love having to work only part time and love the job !!!!!!! Sure beats dispatching that's for sure.
Wow! I must've missed a lot! I didn't know you weren't doing dispatching anymore, jdslady. Did it turn out to be a bad job and you didn't like it or what? Sure glad you were able to find a job you enjoy. It sounds like fun!

So, was the guy able to help you get a better broadband signal? I'm not sure I could survive without a good internet connection!

Old 03-13-2009, 05:12 AM

17,997 posts, read 9,007,425 times
Quote:

yeah it has been a bit of a long one but I enjoy it! But I do agree with Nomad it needs to warm up so seed can be planted.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:40 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,526,587 times
Just remember, before you can plant seeds, one must endeavor to remove or relocate those geological wonder of Missouri called rocks.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:17 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,230,756 times
When I gardened in MO I was far enough north for two things. One was we had no rocks and two the ground was as hard as a rock 4 months of the year.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:48 PM

Wellllllll, what can I tell you? box gardens with soil brought in from somewhere else and compost, otherwise know as garbage!

Old 03-13-2009, 10:06 PM

and this is what you get!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri