U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-16-2009, 10:15 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,122,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Sent on behalf of our good friend Nomadicus about another good friend.
Oh My Gosh that is aweful news. Please tell her I am so Sorry and please hang in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 10:16 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,122,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Place to retire.

Was up at Warsaw today.It is a neat place.I thought to myself if I didn't own my property here.It would be cool to live in town where I could just walk down to the Harbor area and go fishing or anything to just kick back and enjoy.

Oh well I do own a place about 10 miles from there so I can visit often.

hillman
So Hillman you like Warsaw... They do have some nice listings. My uncle in Clinton says it isn't the best place to live because it is run down. Who knows.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:50 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,927,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
So Hillman you like Warsaw... They do have some nice listings. My uncle in Clinton says it isn't the best place to live because it is run down. Who knows.
I wouldn't say run down.I would say older not the flashy Condo stuff.Very small and quiet.Lots little shops and little out of the way eating places.I Love the harbor nice place to relax sit back and think about life.

Which I guess I've done too much of lately my wife says we have way too much fish that I'm going to have to quit fishing for awhile

Here is a pic of Downtown

Here is a pic of the Harbor

Then there is the Dam on up

Thought I had a pic of the Swinging Bridge but guess not it is nice.

hillman

Old 06-27-2009, 11:00 AM

380 posts, read 586,654 times
Default Use it or loose it.

Not a single post in the Chatter Box since the 16th of June! Do folks have their 'puters turned off so they can afford to run the AC? We sure have needed it these past two weeks. They're saying today will be the hottest of them all.

Did my outdoor chores before 7:00. No neighbors to complain about the buzz of the weed whacker. Watered the garden, pulled a few weeds, policed the dog's yard and then retreated back into the house before my spouse was even out of bed.

Have a fellow coming from out of town to install a water feature near our front door. It's his business and he owes me money so we made a deal and bartered for it. I wrote his debt off years ago, but I guess Its been on his conscience. It will be made using Ozark stone. Should be pretty.

Be careful, everyone. Drink lots of fluids (water is best), avoid caffeine (she said with a coffee cup at her side) and remember sun screen if you have to go outside.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:55 AM

25,441 posts, read 8,984,255 times
Great advice nN2pomona. And don't forget naps for us oldsters!!!

Old 07-03-2009, 12:39 PM

Hello to all. I am not home today. Took some family members to their home yesterday. About 9 hour drive!!! All safe and sound. Have to get ready to do some sight seeing. Back later with a report.

And just where are all of our Missouri folk today and what plans do y'all have for the 4th??????Have a happy one.

Old 07-03-2009, 07:09 PM

380 posts, read 586,654 times
Default Plans for the 4th.

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv251/2schachels/waterfeature-2.jpg?t=1246666175 (broken link)

Think I'm gonna "junk hunt." Just put this water feature in the front of our house and it's screaming for a rusty iron gate, and/or rusty old bicycle to finish it off.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:27 PM

Nu2...I like what you have done there. You're right, an old gate or wooden tiller would look nice.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:23 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,927,339 times
Can't Fix Stupid

Please tell me this only happens in Missouri

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/oneshot/Fireworks070309001-1.jpg (broken link)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/oneshot/Fireworks070309002.jpg (broken link)

hillman

Old 07-06-2009, 08:07 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,935,474 times
LOL .. I miss my friends!! I actually had forgotten my passwords .... yea yea I know dumb!! WelL I got 2 very nice emails that let me back in woohoo!

hey seeing those landscape projects makes me want to go to Mo just to vacation ... to rock pick! lol

Little update on me -
dh got a really well paying job ... but is working way to much.
my daycare is growing as always!

and were still dreaming of moving to Mo.. our farm has not sold ..but we are talking of buying maybe some land and getting a camper ... at least to enjoy some time down yander
who knows maybe we can find us a ran down little shack in the woods and make it a retreat? until we can move properly .. hmm x the last idea hubby dont like change lol I would be stuck with the shack! haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri