Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 11:50 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,872 times

Advertisements

Native terminology ken be a liddle confucious to them thar interlopers. A big TX to ya ShadowCaver fer the 'splainen to tha kid thar. Heck, he be frum the east, whats he no????/

Whooppeeeeeeeee, Gold Star #11!!!! ain't that thar jest the grandest????hahahahahahaha...Thank you, again, ShadowCaver for noticing this latest addition. I am having a good time here.
Grandsons did a durn good job around here. I do believe that they take after their father and gr.father when it comes to doing hard work. Good three generations of dedicated and hard workers. Love it and them!!!!

Last edited by Northwoods Voyager; 08-08-2009 at 12:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 11:53 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,587,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Native terminology ken be a liddle confucious to them thar interlopers. A big TX to ya ShadowCaver fer the 'splainen to tha kid thar. Heck, he be frum the east, whats he no????/

Whooppeeeeeeeee, Gold Star #11!!!! ain't that thar jest the grandest????hahahahahahaha
I can't wait to see lucky 13 up there.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:18 AM

Aw, thank you also, Nomad for the confidence.....heck, have to get #12 first???!!!!

Old 08-08-2009, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Aw, thank you also, Nomad for the confidence.....heck, have to get #12 first???!!!!
That want take long. Maybe at 13 you get the blue thingy you want and one gold star. We shall see. Makes life interesting...

Old 08-08-2009, 12:48 AM

Well, Nomad, I have made a serious decision....no Blue Tribble. Remember the saying, "Be careful of what you ask for, you just may get it"???? Well, a Blue Tribble isn't the cutest little thing that I was thinking of.

Actually, rather blah. So maybe I'd like the Gold Crown that some posted in your thread that you posted for my 11th Gold Star. lol....

Old 08-08-2009, 12:49 AM

Well I sure you will be grateful and happy with whatever comes. that is just your good nature.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:50 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,061,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Yea, just an expression for eating salad

Heck, no telling what else that lost voyager lady made those poor g'kids have to do!!!

j/k

Ya know - trimming & removing weeds and other non-desired vegetation with a weed whacker, trimmer, etc. aka: Trimmers and Brushcutters - String Trimmers, Brush Cutters, Clearing Saws, Weed Trimmers - STIHL USA
Okay got ya!

Here we just call it "weed trimming" or a little informal "weed wacking"

Thanks for explaining that
Quote:

Whooppeeeeeeeee, Gold Star #11!!!! ain't that thar jest the grandest????hahahahahahaha...Thank you, again, ShadowCaver for noticing this latest addition. I am having a good time here.
Grandsons did a durn good job around here. I do believe that they take after their father and gr.father when it comes to doing hard work. Good three generations of dedicated and hard workers. Love it and them!!!!
Sounds like that strong midwestern worth ethic has blessed the men in your family
Quote:

You will be at 12 stars in the blink of an eye

Your an amazing person Northwoods Voyager your one of the kindest persons I have encountered. I'm honored to have met you and become friends with you here on CD. You deserve atleast 50 stars! and that blue ribbon you have been requesting.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:11 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,196,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misplaced1 View Post
Hope you feel better soon!
I hope so I've been so sick today.I just heard yesterday one of my neighbors has the same for the last year and he is not feeling any better.

My Doctor said she hasn't seen so many cases as she has this year.I told her I didn't see no Bullseye Mark she said most the time you won't.She also said that you get it from the Little what I call Seed Ticks.

I've been so worried about getting Snake bit never thought a Little Bug would put me down.I really don't need this with all my other health problems.

hillman

Old 08-09-2009, 09:16 PM

Hi Dude....Now that is one of the nicest things that anyone has said. My 'problem' is not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings. And treat all as I would like to be treated. I t doesn't hurt to be honest, friendly, and never set yourself up as if you think that you are better than anyone else. Well, enough of that....Take care and hope that you do your best in school.

Hillman.......that is scary. I really hope and pray that you get completely recovered soon. Please take care of yourself.

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 08-10-2009 at 11:33 AM..

Old 08-10-2009, 04:56 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,061,158 times
Quote:
Hi Dude....Now that is one of the nicest things that anyone has said. My 'problem' is not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings. And treat all as I would like to be treated. I t doesn't hurt to be honest, friendly, and never set yourself up as if you think that you are better than anyone else. Well, enough of that....Take care and hope that you do your best in school.

Hillman.......that is scary. I really hope and pray that you get completely recovered soon. Please take care of yourself.

I wasn't meaning to sound like I thought I was better than anyone else here. I'm sorry if you thought I was being that way.

Thanks! The first day of school went over pretty good.

Last edited by Future Trooper; 08-10-2009 at 05:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri