U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 10-26-2009, 01:51 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
13,760 posts, read 4,026,838 times
Reputation: 12424

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
I have to agree with Nu2Pomona on this one, MoNative. It was clear that the chatter was already going on before learning the name, whether familiar or not. It seems the conversation just got especially lively upon learning she is a family member of a friend. I imagine after the initial "blank look", they would go on to learn about how she(?) (Arundel) happened to move there. At least, that's what happens with me...except most of the people I meet are also transplants...and most are from California...just like me! Imagine that!
That may be true in your part of the state. That's not the case in other parts of Missouri. You are meeting mostly transplants.... There is a BIG difference.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-27-2009, 02:08 PM
 
1,259 posts, read 1,925,748 times
Reputation: 928
Rainy Day Doe


Misting rain yesterday thought what the heck I'm not going to get any Deer setting in the house so I went over on Goverment Land.

Set up in a holler running out into some clover.Here comes couple Fawns and a Doe.The Fawns fed going away from me the Doe came back towards me.I shoot her,she takes off running holding one Front Leg up.

I go down find all but about 8 inches of my Arrow.Could hear Deer running in a circle around me.I start following Blood,good spray just not heavy as I like.Followed it around a point going into a draw.I thought well she went up this draw which is where I heard Deer.Lost Blood but I walked on up the draw,nothing.Was marking Blood,found Blood going uphill.Thought this is not looking good.Thought its getting dark I'm going to wait until morning.

Was out there at daylight still misting rain.Found my last Blood,thought ok she is running on the upper part of this draw.Thought ok I will just circle up through the brush.Nothing,thought dummy you need to get back and pick up the Blood Trail again.

Went back to last blood was making half circles,found more blood going uphill.Found just a little still going up.Lost it,thought Lord help me out.Looked on up there she was laying in a depression.



hillman
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 01:46 AM
 
Location: Woods of Missouri with many Critters
25,441 posts, read 8,979,643 times
Reputation: 31395
Oh for some venison steaks and sausage. Chili sounds mighty fine also. Good going, Hillman.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 03:43 PM
 
Location: MO Ozarkian in NE Hoosierana
4,679 posts, read 7,875,391 times
Reputation: 6746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Rainy Day Doe


Misting rain yesterday thought what the heck I'm not going to get any Deer setting in the house so I went over on Goverment Land.

Set up in a holler running out into some clover.Here comes couple Fawns and a Doe.The Fawns fed going away from me the Doe came back towards me.I shoot her,she takes off running holding one Front Leg up.

I go down find all but about 8 inches of my Arrow.Could hear Deer running in a circle around me.I start following Blood,good spray just not heavy as I like.Followed it around a point going into a draw.I thought well she went up this draw which is where I heard Deer.Lost Blood but I walked on up the draw,nothing.Was marking Blood,found Blood going uphill.Thought this is not looking good.Thought its getting dark I'm going to wait until morning.

Was out there at daylight still misting rain.Found my last Blood,thought ok she is running on the upper part of this draw.Thought ok I will just circle up through the brush.Nothing,thought dummy you need to get back and pick up the Blood Trail again.

Went back to last blood was making half circles,found more blood going uphill.Found just a little still going up.Lost it,thought Lord help me out.Looked on up there she was laying in a depression.

hillman
Well, heck, ya'd be depressed too ifin somebody'd shot ya too!!!

Seriously

My venison supply is starting to get low - will be refilling the frig & freezer hopefully this fall too if get the time to get out there...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
13,760 posts, read 4,026,838 times
Reputation: 12424
That's a pretty big supply getting you through the year assuming you got some last fall. I hope to get some this year myself.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2009, 11:57 AM
 
Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City
1,801 posts, read 3,501,215 times
Reputation: 1517
Default Over The Fence Coffee...

Don't forget, those of you who can make it, we're having a City-Data get together on Monday morning starting at 10am...at the Starbucks IN Target at Branson Hills Parkway/Bee Creek Road off 65 in Branson!

EVERYONE is invited, and this means YOU!!!


Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2009, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Woods of Missouri with many Critters
25,441 posts, read 8,979,643 times
Reputation: 31395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Don't forget, those of you who can make it, we're having a City-Data get together on Monday morning starting at 10am...at the Starbucks IN Target at Branson Hills Parkway/Bee Creek Road off 65 in Branson!

EVERYONE is invited, and this means YOU!!!


And how was it? Sorry that we couldn't make it this time. I have been saying that for some time now, haven't I? You know, some day I'm just going to drive 'down' there and surprise you!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2009, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Woods of Missouri with many Critters
25,441 posts, read 8,979,643 times
Reputation: 31395
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Well, heck, ya'd be depressed too ifin somebody'd shot ya too!!!

Seriously

My venison supply is starting to get low - will be refilling the frig & freezer hopefully this fall too if get the time to get out there...
Oh Mr. ShadowCaver, jest whata we gonna dew wit ya? Sew funnie you be.....

I am hoping to get at least one day in this season, but then again may have to rely on others to fill a reserved spot in our freezer. Hello??? Anyone????

Oh and BTW, sure like your third (3rd) Gold Star shining so brightly up there.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2009, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Southeast Missouri
5,823 posts, read 11,746,268 times
Reputation: 3183
I hate this weather. There are wasps everywhere.

I'll be glad when it gets cold again.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2009, 12:10 PM
 
1,259 posts, read 1,925,748 times
Reputation: 928
Got another Skinhead yesterday.I must be getting Old it took me 4 hours to process it and I'm hurting Big Time.



hillman
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top