U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-18-2008, 06:14 PM

25,441 posts, read 8,794,442 times
All of the other little life's problems pale in comparison to what Kim and her family are experiencing. Thank Heaven's that she is getting the care that she is. And has friends such as you, Darylnn, to share this with others. Prayer does help. I know. Take care and Happy thoughts to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 08:28 AM

870 posts, read 1,944,984 times
Default Thank you!!

They are going to let Kim out of ICU and have a private room today!! WOW! Amazing what Dr's can do these days!! She seems to be doing really well, and hasn't had any seizures or complications in the last 24 hrs! YAY!!!

Old 03-19-2008, 08:53 AM

774 posts, read 891,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
They are going to let Kim out of ICU and have a private room today!! WOW! Amazing what Dr's can do these days!! She seems to be doing really well, and hasn't had any seizures or complications in the last 24 hrs! YAY!!!
That is great news. But, will keep her in my prayers for a very speedy recovery.

Hope everyone is safe with all this rain and flooding. Going to take my camera when I go feed the horses today and see how bad Bryant Creek is raging. Will post pics in Official Weather Thread if it is raging like I think it will be.

Stay dry.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:45 AM

Great news, Darlynn. Still prayers for her.

mamagator, stay safe! No slipping and sliding in the mud. Still light drizzle here.

Happy thoughts to y'all this fine day!

Old 03-19-2008, 09:48 AM

Oh, if anyone would like to see my photo and maybe even vote for it, check out this link:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/photo...o-contest.html

Thank you.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:37 PM

790 posts, read 1,258,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Even though it's getting late in the evening here and it's already the next day back there, hope you all had a great Palm Sunday, and will have a wonderful week leading up to this very early Easter! At our church, our relatively new priest is doing a great job of getting our children and teens involved in activities. There were about 15 or so teens this morning who did a good job of role-playing up in the front of the church while the St. Matthew Passion was being read, which was great to see! I think our congregation was both pleasantly surprised, and got a lot out of it. Anywho, I was really happy to see our Sister Kathleen in the congregation, though I didn't get a chance to talk to her. A few weeks ago, she collapsed outside of the church and had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital--an apparent heart attack as far as I know. Today, she looked OK all things considered. Thanks to all of you, very much, for keeping her in your prayers and thoughts!

My wife is going to get to see St. Joseph, MO for the first time at last in less than two weeks! We'll be staying in NW MO from the 27th to the 31st, looking at three or four homes for sale and checking out the town. I told her that it's still probably going to be pretty cold when we're there, but we're going to have a wonderful time just the same.

I think I'm going to take this opportunity to let you know that, at least up until now, not much is happening thus far in trying to get our house here in CA sold. It's a real stinkeroo of a real estate market in this area, and we've got the extra hurdle of a big jump in our mobile home park space rent, which might encourage some potential buyers to just take the money they would be paying in space rent to help buy a regular house instead. Do any of you long-timers remember StJoeFanatic and that whole situation with her finally getting her old house sold after it had been on the market way longer than anyone ever expected? I think I'm going to need the same kind of prayer and divine intervention in getting ours sold here too. We're hoping the spring season will get more folks interested in the real estate market. Getting our place sold and making the move back there is going to do us such a world of good overall. We'll miss immediate family and friends, for sure. But we want to start fresh and benefit from Missouri's lower cost of living. Every time we've traveled back there on vacation (I've said this before), we've just taken to Missouri like a duck to a lovely freshwater lake.

Thanks for reading all this! We want to get "over the fence" but really need a good boost right now!
Eric,

It says I gotta spread the luv before I can give you more. So here are a few 'Virtual Reps' for Good Luck! I'll be prayin' for your house to sell, of course. You might want to think about burying the statue in your yard. I'm sorry, but my Alzheimer's won't let me recall the name of the Saint your supposed to bury. Hopefully you remember....or perhaps one of our more 'in the know' family members will help us out with the name.

Either way, you know how much we're pullin' for ya. We want you here as much as you do...so keep the faith, think positive, and don't give up the good fight. *****Boof sending good vibes to Eric*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
They just called me and said that Kim made it through the surgery with no complications!! They said the cyst was actually larger than it first appeared to be, so it was a great thing that they decided to have it taken out. Kim is now in the recovery room, awake and alert!! PRAISE GOD!!
The surgeon said that she responded correctly to all of his requests, like, move your right arm, blink, name, date, etc. so there is little chance of any brain damage or memory loss!

Thank you all soooooooooo much for your prayers! See? They DO work!!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/4.gif (broken link)
Thanks and hugs to my cdf family!!
Praise The Lord!!!!! What wonderful news!!! Please let Kim know we're happy to hear she's doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Oh, if anyone would like to see my photo and maybe even vote for it, check out this link:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/photo...o-contest.html

Thank you.
hehehehe Yep, already voted. Good luck sweetie, that's a mighty fine picture, and I hope you win. My Grampa is gone now, but if it weren't for him, I don't know how I would have gotten through life. He truly IS my biggest HERO!!!! Three cheers for Grampas!!!!

Thanks for sharing that great pic with us NoWds....I know it's tuggin' at my heart strings.

Oh, and Happy belated St. Paddy's day wishes to ya'll!!! Hope nobody got pinched. hehehehe And good day to you all!!! It seems like I've been so busy lately, that I haven't had much time to hang out with the family here. Have a happy day, and stay warm & dry.

And don't forget....tomorrow is the beginning of Spring!!!! Woooo Hoooo!!!

Warm hugs to yas,
Boof

Old 03-19-2008, 05:04 PM

Hi Boof. Missing y'all around here. And thank you for the vote. I know I won't win. But that is okay with me. So many others are true Portraits. Mine is my type of portrait of a young man and his Gramps. It was just so spontaneous.

'We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about'.

By Charles Kingsley

Old 03-19-2008, 09:19 PM

23,444 posts, read 17,175,716 times
Default flooding

how bad is it, mo folks? we have been hearing all sorts of stuff down here, but have no clear-cut picture.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:39 PM

4,679 posts, read 7,694,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
how bad is it, mo folks? we have been hearing all sorts of stuff down here, but have no clear-cut picture.
Might check out: STLtoday - Home - been getting news from there, along with friends/family back home too. Cricks are quite high, much damage, some losses, going to be much clean up needed...

Old 03-19-2008, 09:44 PM

23,444 posts, read 17,175,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Might check out: STLtoday - Home - been getting news from there, along with friends/family back home too. Cricks are quite high, much damage, some losses, going to be much clean up needed...
thanks, shadowcaver, family and friends are flooded out, and scattered hither and thither, didnt even think of checking the STL paper....... duh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri