U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-25-2008, 10:43 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,510,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
Hi every one!! Long time no chatter. Hope were still welcome. . I just seen all the flooding on the news and wanted to make sure my cyber friends were still ok. My prayers are with you all. My nephew lived in Piedmont. I guess we found him just in time because he moved out here with us in Febuary. Wow! its been a long time. I need to go way back just to catch up. I know I havent written but I thought of you all, all the time.
Hope you had a great Weekend and I'll try to pop in more often now that things are winding down. Well... might be winding down. Missed ya'all!!!!!!!
Hey! Old friends...good to see you indeed! Of course you're still welcome. I guess I can speak for the group.........
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 11:51 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,777,551 times
Hiya Bent, long time no see...

Old 03-25-2008, 12:12 PM

870 posts, read 1,988,280 times
Default Missed ya!!

Glad to see that you didn't forget us!

Altho we are hard to forget!!

Old 03-25-2008, 12:15 PM

871 posts, read 1,339,697 times
WOW!!!! this is like coming home for the holidays!! you all make me smile realy realy big!!
I couldnt stay gone for too long Inox!
I have been doing wonderful thanks for asking Jammer! and thanks for not forgetting!!!!!!! LJ Thanks for all the mags Im still planning my move. Did you see that Race track for sale in Boliver? Oh man We could turn that into a quad track!
Whats Boliver like? Did I spell that right?
Jd I had to come back for race season because Gordon RULES!!!!!
My work is realy slow out here so I have been looking for a second job. Guess what for??? Substitute school police dispatcher. Yep!! I took the 3 hr test yesterday so wish me luck! I would love to work that into a career. ... I think. lol.
anyway luv ya'all

Old 03-25-2008, 12:29 PM

OK funny story! My nephew's first week back here in Cali, We had two earthquakes in the middle of the night. They were both centered right here in Fontana and about 5 minutes apart. Not to big but enough to shake me awake and run into the kids room.
No damage here. I asked my nephew the next day if it scared him at all. He said. I didnt understand what was happening. I thought a tree was going to come crashing through the roof! LOL! The funny part is is that there are no trees in thier yard at all.
One more, and I promise I'll shut up .
This little girl told our school security gaurd that her bird died. The security gaurd tried to console her by saying " oh im sorry, at least he's in heaven now" and the little girl said, " no he's not he's still on my kitchen counter" LOL true story!! I laughed so hard!

Old 03-25-2008, 05:13 PM

526 posts, read 852,231 times
Default Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
Jd I had to come back for race season because Gordon RULES!!!!!

My work is realy slow out here so I have been looking for a second job. Guess what for??? Substitute school police dispatcher. Yep!! I took the 3 hr test yesterday so wish me luck! I would love to work that into a career. ... I think. lol.
anyway luv ya'all
Boy, I sure can tell you've been gone from the mo peeps awhile..........it's affecting your brain !!! Not only do you think Gordon rules but you wanna be a police dispatcher??????????????????????????

Old 03-25-2008, 09:01 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,000,495 times
Hi Bent. Long time no 'see'. Glad to hear from you. From tornadoes to earthquakes!!! Repped y'all but hit button too soon. Anyway, don't stay away so long and good luck to you. Hope that you get the job. It is an exciting and demanding one tho'.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:14 AM

774 posts, read 911,612 times
Good luck on the job and welcome back.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:18 AM

25,441 posts, read 9,000,495 times
Information for potential students at Missouri University of Science and Technology (formally University of Missouri -Rolla-UMR) and Missouri State University. It has been announced that House Bill 2020 was signed by Gov. Matt Blunt to provide important funding to start a joint engineering program at these two universities. Each location will receive $500,000. for further development. Please contact the individual universities for the extent of this funding. UMR 573-341-4111/University of Missouri-Columbia 573-882-2121

Old 03-26-2008, 12:07 PM

Thanks for all the good lucks!!

Our schools out here, in my opinion, are bad. Money is being taken away form the schools and the teachers. I here nothing but good things about the school in Mo. I cant wait to get my kids out there. I was considereing home schooling but if Jd is right I should think again. lol!

You mind if I ask how dispatching is out in Mo. I would assume it would be less demanding because your crime rate seems so low. I would be working with the school district so again I would assume less demanding because it isnt the city police department. Is there constant multi-tasking? Constant stress? I know it wont be easy but im worried about being able to handle it at all. I requested a sit in just so I could get an idea. But they wont let me till I go through the back ground check. Do you realy enjoy your job?
Jd, tsk tsk tsk....You know what they say about greeen race cars??? and Jr is just going to confirm that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri