U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-23-2008, 11:45 PM

1,593 posts, read 2,411,580 times

Advertisements

Hail, hail, the gang's all here! So good to see so many of you back to visit! I was just thinkin' 'bout you, Mamagator! I'm glad you popped in to visit! I only wish we didn't feel the need to apologize for livin' our lives as we should be. It's probably unavoidable...but it seems kinda sad, still.

It sounds like you're having a grand time livin' here in MO and I couldn't be happier for you! Even when times are hard, I think livin' here beats the heck outta livin' in CA and I'm sure you agree...even tho' you'd name another state since you didn't come from CA.

Those blackberries sound heavenly even though I cringe at the thought of gettin' out there among the chiggers and such! I hope your armor does its job!

In the Garden was one of my mother's favorites and is still one of my faves, too. I used to play guitar and I learned to play the organ a little bit when I lived near my mother years ago. I had to quit playing my guitar a few years back when my shoulder started giving me troubles. I still have it, though. I love to sing and was thrilled when accompaniment music became available. The guitar was mostly just a means for having accompaniment for my singing, anyway. It would be fun to sit down with you and have a little sing-a-long while you played, wouldn't it?

I'm so glad you dropped in to visit. Ya'll come back now, ya hear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamagator54 View Post
Hi all,
Haven't been on CD for a while. Been keeping busy trying to stay cool. Staying indoors as much as possible, so have been doing a lot of cleaning and rearranging. My dh bought me an upright piano for $25.00. Couldn't believe he got it so cheap. It's in great condition and even in tune. I have always wanted to learn to play piano, so I have been practicing every day. I know the notes and such but haven't sat at a piano to learn since I was young. I teaching myself, with the help of the internet and am doing pretty good with the hymn "In the Garden". Only using one hand right now but it's a start.
Have tons of wild blackberries all over our property and picked a bunch a couple days ago... boy are they great over ice cream. Might even make a pie today. Once it cools down this evening I think I'll dress in my BUG Armor and go pick enough to freeze for future use.
Hope everyone has been well. Will try to get back here more often. I miss you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 12:04 PM

774 posts, read 912,491 times
Hey all,
Just came inside for a cool down. Been outside pulling weeds and picking up around the property.
Thank God for Deep Woods OFF! Haven't had much trouble with Chiggers but the ticks, fleas and flies have been giving me fits. Buying stock in Benadryl, Claritin and Calamine lotion! The berries are non-stop. But worth it! I think I might try making a batch of homemade wine.
Piano is great. I have "In The Garden" down almost by memory now. Next visit to Springfield I want to get a book of piano music so I can play something else.
I can't sing MrsG. but I'll play and you and my hubby can do the singing.

Have a wonderful day.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:54 PM

871 posts, read 1,341,062 times
Hey everyone. Has anyone heard from Jd lately? Come out Jd I need some Nascar buddies!

Old 07-28-2008, 09:58 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,513,676 times
Default Where's Tony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post
Hey everyone. Has anyone heard from Jd lately? Come out Jd I need some Nascar buddies!
Hey...how 'bout me?

Old 07-28-2008, 02:01 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,008,588 times
Did anyone else have storms last night? Wow, what winds and rains, lightening and thunder. Mother Nature put on quite a show all night here. Hello to y'all and have a super Monday.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:48 PM

870 posts, read 1,990,247 times
Default And me!?! (and Jimmie J!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Hey...how 'bout me?

We got hit Saturday night! Couldn't see to drive between Kimberling City and Branson West (4 Miles!) It was scarey!! Really strong winds nearly blew us off the road! We had to stop and let it calm down!
So, I forgive you all for not being at Tequila's, to hear SCOTFREE. We had a great crowd! Lot's of dancing and "belly rubbin', or Buckle polishing".. Whatever you want to call it!!!) Packed the house and got a raise for next time! Yippee!! Encore presentation... August 15 and 16th

Old 07-29-2008, 06:49 AM

774 posts, read 912,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentaxlecrew View Post

I can't wait for Nascar to be back on regular TV I miss it. What about Tony Stewart getting fined $10,000. for his outburst at that race on I think Friday?
I guess his anger management didn't work

Hubby went to Springfield the other day and came home with 2 piano books for me. So I am learning some new songs. What fun for an old lady?

Got a bigger used wringer washer yesterday. Sure is nice to have one that the wringer actually works right. The hubby even helped do some laundry yesterday! He even said it was fun wringing the clothes! He couldn't understand why I liked have a wringer washer instead of a modern one, I told him I enjoyed doing laundry with the wringer, something about it was relaxing. Now he understands. Plus, it reminds me of my mother, who used a wringer.

Wish we would have gotten some of the rain, but once again the storm clouds parted before they hit the Ava area.

Have a great day everyone,

Old 07-29-2008, 09:19 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,129,965 times
Hey you all!!! It is great to see old friends back online now and then. I finally got back from my 2 month trip from NC.Boy so much went on and now I am exhausted because I had to clean the house when I got home, mold growing,mice in my house and ants. Arggghhhh!!!! I wanted to head back to NC..... I guess I am nesting right now. I have so much to do until the baby arrives. I just wanted to let you all know I am back safe and sound. Hello you all!!!!!

Old 07-29-2008, 10:12 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,008,588 times
Hi kareybear.....at least your trip was good.....sorry about the 'things' in you house.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:42 PM

2,124 posts, read 3,022,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kareybear View Post
Hey you all!!! It is great to see old friends back online now and then. I finally got back from my 2 month trip from NC.Boy so much went on and now I am exhausted because I had to clean the house when I got home, mold growing,mice in my house and ants. Arggghhhh!!!! I wanted to head back to NC..... I guess I am nesting right now. I have so much to do until the baby arrives. I just wanted to let you all know I am back safe and sound. Hello you all!!!!!
Hello and welcome back! I'm still here in California as you can see. That's a heckuva thing about the mold and the creepy critters, so I'm hoping all that's behind you. Both you and bentaxlecrew need to keep in touch with all of us! Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri