Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 04:47 PM

205 posts, read 532,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdslady View Post
Great pic r8rfan, saw one of those run across the road last night on my way "home" on Bear Creek Rd. Kids have seen them on our property and we've seen lots of deer tracks. Yep, we finally bought a place up in Missouri. It's about 20 mins north of Branson on 10 acres.
Thanks! And welcome "HOME"!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Beautiful picture r8rfan...never have tried bow hunting. Only use my Marlin 30-30. Heavy gun, but accurate!

jdslady...Wonderful news about your new home...Moving soon???
Thanks NWV. How are you doing? Hopefully you are getting around much better!

Ah yes the trusty 30-30. Never used one myself, but know many, many people who do! Congrats to your son! What did he get? Tried to rep you back, but have to spread more points around first.

Anyone catch the Tigers game last night? Pitiful.

Maries Bees, I sure hope you are feeling better. Don't beat yourself up over your loss. I know all to well the feeling of having to bury our best friends. I always remember the happiness they brought to our lives and their devotion and loyalty. A lot of people could take lessons from dogs in my opinion. I still go out and visit them in the pasture where we laid them to rest.Three beagles.Gomer, Barney, and Andy. I miss them dearly and would give anything to have them back. Can you tell we are big Andy Griffith fans?! We now have two beagles named Holly and Daisy and a blue heeler/terrier mix named Gypsy. All three are spoiled sweethearts!

Take care all.
Jeff

Last edited by r8rfan; 10-12-2008 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add...

Old 10-12-2008, 06:27 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,331 times
Nice Doe R8R!

BTW< I was at the MU / OSU game last night...arrgghghghg~! At least I had fun hanging with my daughter!

68,000 plus fans at the game...great crowd, clunker of a game by Chase. And guess what? #1 Texas is up this week. I smell an upset!

Old 10-12-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
Nice Doe R8R!

BTW< I was at the MU / OSU game last night...arrgghghghg~! At least I had fun hanging with my daughter!

68,000 plus fans at the game...great crowd, clunker of a game by Chase. And guess what? #1 Texas is up this week. I smell an upset!
Thanks Inox!

I bet that was fun being at the game last night. Chase played awful in the second half. The whole team seemed out of sync. They better make some serious adjustments before the Texas game. I hope you're right about an upset!! There's been some big ones already this year.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:14 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
[quote=r8rfan;5661728]Thanks NWV. How are you doing? Hopefully you are getting around much better!

Ah yes the trusty 30-30. Never used one myself, but know many, many people who do! Congrats to your son! What did he get? Tried to rep you back, but have to spread more points around first.

Hi....Our son went out early and came home. Woke me up, about 7:30 a.m. and said , 'Mom, can you help me, I got a buck but can't find him'. So, threw some woodsy clothes on and boots. I had him show me where he was standing when he shot (the arrow). Then had him point to where the buck had been standing, walking, whatever. Walked over to that spot.

Had him walk up the hill on the right and I followed what appeared to be a 'path' on the left...Not a drop of blood anywhere. Thought perhaps he had missed but I kept going. Sure enough, not far in front of me was an 8 pointer with the arrow on his left side through his lungs. And as you must know, it is sometimes surprising just how far they can go when wounded. Nothing I detest more than having to track a wounded deer through our woods here in Missouri. have done it, but

Oh, I am doing much better, thank you. Went for a walk in the woods not long ago. Felt great to be able to do that.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:44 PM

[quote=Northwoods Voyager;5663339]
Quote:
Originally Posted by r8rfan View Post
Thanks NWV. How are you doing? Hopefully you are getting around much better!

Hi....Our son went out early and came home. Woke me up, about 7:30 a.m. and said , 'Mom, can you help me, I got a buck but can't find him'. So, threw some woodsy clothes on and boots. I had him show me where he was standing when he shot (the arrow). Then had him point to where the buck had been standing, walking, whatever. Walked over to that spot.

Had him walk up the hill on the right and I followed what appeared to be a 'path' on the left...Not a drop of blood anywhere. Thought perhaps he had missed but I kept going. Sure enough, not far in front of me was an 8 pointer with the arrow on his left side through his lungs. And as you must know, it is sometimes surprising just how far they can go when wounded. Nothing I detest more than having to track a wounded deer through our woods here in Missouri. have done it, but

Oh, I am doing much better, thank you. Went for a walk in the woods not long ago. Felt great to be able to do that.
Glad to hear you are getting around! Walks in the woods have a way of making a person feel a lot better!

Got any pix of the buck? Maybe we should start a thread for hunting pix?
How old is your son? Was this his first deer? Congratulations to him. Is really exciting to close the deal with a bow!

Old 10-12-2008, 09:34 PM

Default 2006

Our son is now in his mid 30's. This was his first deer!!! He was about 17 then. He still hunts but w/firearm now. He gave his archery equipment to his older brother many years ago. Have pictures but they were on 35 mm. camera. Haven't scanned them yet to my Apple computers. Have other pics from some of his other hunts tho... Northwoods Voyager picture, not to be copied.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:04 AM

871 posts, read 1,985,286 times
Hello all! Hope you all survived your summer! I have been discussing a book in the entertainment thread and wondered if any of my Mo friends have read it. The Twilight series. It is the best read ever IMO. This book is spreading like a California wild fire. Most books I read to help me sleep at night but this one was so good I couldnt put it down and stayed up way to late. YOu gotta read it!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:13 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,212 times
Well, you've gotta tell us more, crew! I mean, what is the name of the first book in the series and who is the author?
Oh! Oh!...and how about telling us a little bit of what it's about?! Fess up, silly girl!

http://mediaphoto.doctissimo.fr/dossiers/t/a/tartalacreme/grands-smileys/TN-4783-lecture.gif (broken link)

Old 10-16-2008, 10:09 PM

mrs.G...Hello to you. Go over to 'entertainment' forum, click on books, then scroll around. Or, click on 'crews' name up here and then click on find all posts by....'. There are 4 books in the series, so far. By a Stephanie Meyers. They sound very interesting. Good luck to you.

Last edited by Northwoods Voyager; 10-16-2008 at 10:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri