Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 01:57 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,306 posts, read 8,651,577 times

Advertisements

Hey Curm, you there yet??? You lucky SOB... I got 2165 days to go till I'll officially be there....Shhhhhh Be there in 40 days to wander around some though..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 01:25 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,467,753 times
Default Missouri Dogs

In July the largest dog fighting ring in US history was raided by the FBI, the US Marshall's Service, Missouri Highway Patrol, US Dept of Agriculture with assistance from the Missouri Humane Society, et al.

This info (copied from the Oregon Humane Society-OHS) requests any assistance people can give. Many of you already know about this, but every little bit of help or care helps. Since you are so very close, please support with whatever you can: time, training, foster care.

Two four-member OHS teams comprised of volunteers experienced working with abused dogs left Portland on September 8th to assist the Humane Society of Missouri in the daunting task of caring for more than 400 dogs.

The dogs were seized in a multi-state raid by federal and state officers in Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas and Mississippi. The fate of the dogs will be decided by the federal courts in forfeiture proceedings separate from the criminal cases. OHS has no plans for re-homing the dogs in Oregon.

“We are very grateful that these groups have stepped up to help us care for and eventually give some of them a second chance,” said Debbie Hill, vice president of Operations for the Humane Society of Missouri and incident commander for the emergency temporary shelter.

The dogs were seized in July by a joint operation conducted by the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the United States Department of Agriculture’s Office of the Inspector General, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and, the U.S. Marshals Service. Investigators from the Humane Society of Missouri Animal Cruelty Task Force provided the information that led to the investigation.

Donations to offset the cost of caring for the dogs can be sent to the Humane Society of Missouri.

Thank you, Missouri!

Old 09-14-2009, 05:00 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,194,829 times
Number 19 For The Team

19th Grandchild born this morning at 5:15AM,8Lbs. 5oz.,21 inches Long,Named Patrick Rylan.

All are doing well.

hillman

Old 09-14-2009, 07:05 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,550,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Number 19 For The Team

19th Grandchild born this morning at 5:15AM,8Lbs. 5oz.,21 inches Long,Named Patrick Rylan.

All are doing well.

hillman
Congratulations.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:20 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,306 posts, read 8,651,577 times
Quote:
Number 19 For The Team

All are doing well.

hillman
Congratulations

Old 09-15-2009, 11:36 AM

2,142 posts, read 4,449,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBabyUSA View Post
Hello! Im new here. I just wanted to introduce myself; my name is Jay, I live in NW Missouri. This is my first time here, I guess I should fill out a profile or something.. lol..
Jay, welcome to our Cozy City-Data Forums Corner! What's your 20--are you in or near St. Joseph, by chance? I'm a native of the St. Louis area who has lived in the north SF Bay Area (not too far from BassMan) since 1986, and can never get enough of Missouri. My wife and I have wanted to move to St. Joe, but the jobs thingy hasn't quite worked out for me, so we're going to have to be content to put St. Joe and the rest of Missouri at the top of our vacation destination list at least for now.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Number 19 For The Team

All are doing well.

hillman
Big Congrats to you, Hillman! Please give Patrick and his proud mom and pop and all your family my very best!

Old 09-18-2009, 08:03 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,379,907 times
I predict the Oakland Raiders get trampled by the Kansas City chiefs this weekend. Not that I like the Chiefs. I just hate the Raiders.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
I predict the Oakland Raiders get trampled by the Kansas City chiefs this weekend. Not that I like the Chiefs. I just hate the Raiders.
The Raiders are sorta okey-dokey, but some of their fans--or maybe just the ones who enjoy wearing Raiders black and silver colors--are downright scary! It's also a pain in the rear when you're getting off work and all excited about listening to one of your favorite radio talk shows on Hot Talk 560 KSFO.....only to find out it's been pre-empted by Raiders coverage! Then you just have to pop in a CD.....

Yes. Go Chiefs this weekend!

Old 09-20-2009, 06:21 PM

63 posts, read 188,033 times
Default Friendly People

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
wonder what ole Sam Clemens would have had to say about the talkativeness of Missourians?
That's what I like about rural Missouri people, everyone talks to one another. I grew up like that, and then moved to the St. Louis area, and what a dismal change. You can sit in a doctor's office all afternoon, and no one will utter a peep. You can ride up on an elevator, and any person on it too will totally ignore you. I wasn't used to that coldness.

I finally moved back to my rural home county where my roots are. The first day I went to the local doctor's office, everyone waiting was chatting with one another, and patients walking up and down the hallway would look into the rooms which had open doors while you were waiting, and they would stop and talk to the occupant.

Everyone trys to place your roots. If you give them my married name you get a blank look, but if I give them my own name, they all light up and start talking about my relatives they have known. My family has been here since 1870, so the name is well known.

I am so glad to be back 'home,' among my own kind.
Arundel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri