Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 05:08 PM

19,685 posts, read 10,019,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
However, Koster still lost to Eric Greitens by nearly 5 points when the race was expected to be much closer or tilting in Koster's favor despite Koster getting the NRA endorsement and farmers endorsements.

One thing I will say about Greitens is that he seems to be a more likeable and personable guy compared to Missouri's past governors such as Jay Nixon, Matt Blunt and One Term Bob. Hell One Term Bob was even hated by most of the other democrats. Jay Nixon wouldn't even communicate with democrats in the house and senate. Greitens doesn't seem arrogant like Nixon.

I can see Greitens eventually running for higher office such as Senate or President someday.
Greitens is following Brownback's ideas which are killing Kansas. Cutting school funding and taxes on the rich. Brownback is very unpopular there now. Even the Republican legislature is fighting with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 06:46 PM

7,442 posts, read 6,978,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
*shrug* thats up to the MO residents.

I did chuckle the other night watching her try to pole-straddle the Trump strikes on Syria as ok but still bad.

COuld be worse, you could have Brownback lol.
Claire pole straddling is what she does. Depending on her audience, she's just a good ole country girl from Missourah or a died in the wool Obama supporter.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:13 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,364,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Blunt is not very popular here. He is considered a "do nothing". If a popular moderate like Chris Koster runs against him, he is in trouble.
One thing he did do right and very well was showcase Missouri during Trump's inauguration. I have to give him kudos for that.

Old 04-12-2017, 05:25 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,284,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Greitens is following Brownback's ideas which are killing Kansas. Cutting school funding and taxes on the rich. Brownback is very unpopular there now. Even the Republican legislature is fighting with him.
Jobs are already coming back to Missouri though Smith and Wesson is building a warehouse in Columbia, MO with decent paying jobs.

School funding no matter how much cash is pumped into them, they're still Marxist brain washing zones. A lot of stuff other than the basics in Elem, middle school I was self taught.

As far as cutting the funds to the Missouri university system, well look at Mizzou and the latest BS with that professor and other garbage. No wonder why enrollment is down. Stuff like Gender Studies and classes such as the study of 50 Shades of Gray or money wasters and shouldn't be getting the funding from the state.

Public schools for me were a waste of time when I compare it to relatives and friends who went to private schools.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Jobs are already coming back to Missouri though Smith and Wesson is building a warehouse in Columbia, MO with decent paying jobs.

School funding no matter how much cash is pumped into them, they're still Marxist brain washing zones. A lot of stuff other than the basics in Elem, middle school I was self taught.

As far as cutting the funds to the Missouri university system, well look at Mizzou and the latest BS with that professor and other garbage. No wonder why enrollment is down. Stuff like Gender Studies and classes such as the study of 50 Shades of Gray or money wasters and shouldn't be getting the funding from the state.

Public schools for me were a waste of time when I compare it to relatives and friends who went to private schools.
Your angst and ravings about MO when you live in FL are a waste of our time. Please get some help.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:06 PM

15,972 posts, read 9,351,167 times
A year and a half is a long time in politics. And there's a lot of other variables besides an opponent. Anything from what's going on nationally all the way down to what's on the statewide ballot all l the way down to local ballot issues. Some ballot Issues bring out more democrats or republicans. What the turnout is and where makes a difference.

So that means nobody really knows. Today's polls won't mean squat 18 months from now. Plus, who takes them seriously after the last November? I don't.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:09 PM

15,972 posts, read 9,351,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Your angst and ravings about MO when you live in FL are a waste of our time. Please get some help.
You seem to spend plenty of time In the CA forum.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:55 PM

16,040 posts, read 10,610,095 times
Missouri is in a death spiral as far as state politics goes. No decent candidate with original ideas will seek public office on the right or left. The well is running dry. Almost everything introduced in the General Assembly is either copy-cat or useless show-pony bills introduced only to get their name on a bill. Getting reelected is the only thing that is important. Missouri is ranked in the bottom third on tax burden and can't find a way to provide quality services.

Claire has name recognition, comes out of Kansas City, was a prosecutor and is more conservative than many Democrats. She might squeak through depending on how things go in DC. The GOP will have to stumble upon someone with a brain and tight lips to oppose her.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:59 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,284,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Missouri is in a death spiral as far as state politics goes. No decent candidate with original ideas will seek public office on the right or left. The well is running dry. Almost everything introduced in the General Assembly is either copy-cat or useless show-pony bills introduced only to get their name on a bill. Getting reelected is the only thing that is important. Missouri is ranked in the bottom third on tax burden and can't find a way to provide quality services.

Claire has name recognition, comes out of Kansas City, was a prosecutor and is more conservative than many Democrats. She might squeak through depending on how things go in DC. The GOP will have to stumble upon someone with a brain and tight lips to oppose her.
Claire sucks and what are wrong with the bills? Missouri passed permit less concealed carry last year and this year trying to get rid of gun free zones. I wish FL republicans were pro gun like this. Here in FL we can't even pass licensed open carry and Missouri passes all this good stuff.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
You seem to spend plenty of time In the CA forum.
Between us my wife and I have five children, nine grandchildren, a great grand and another on the way in CA. You might say we have a vested interest in it.

Quote:
Claire sucks and what are wrong with the bills? Missouri passed permit less concealed carry last year and this year trying to get rid of gun free zones. I wish FL republicans were pro gun like this. Here in FL we can't even pass licensed open carry and Missouri passes all this good stuff.
Still a one-trick pony I see.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 04-13-2017 at 09:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri