Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 06:28 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,393,442 times

Advertisements

Things are changing I had been out of High School for years. Asked a guy if there was any minorities in the school. He said there was an oriental but they beat him so bad the family left. The High School our Son went to a Black Player from the Chiefs came there to Coach Football, the kids ran him off. I went to a Game there and they now have Blacks.

I have two Half Iranian Step Children. I had 3 Skinheads almost kill me over them. There was a Black Man getting beat, I jumped in and I was beat badly. I was living with a Black Woman in Kansas City, one time I was harassed by the Cops there because I was with her.

We moved to an area that I hadn't lived in for years. Went to the Grocery Store and was told by the owner to always carry and never call the Law because people in the area took care of things. Told I would be ok because I already knew the rules of the area. One time I was asked to burn a person out, I refused, two weeks later his place was burnt. The one that asked me passed away few years ago. But many people were burnt out.

Truth I thought I was color blind but I had to stay a few days in Columbia. I went out for Supper. Before going in a Black woman was Videoing me on her Phone. Walk in it was all Blacks, all I could think about was the trouble they had at MU a year ago. In my mind I was freaking but went ahead and ate and the people were very friendly.

Funny before our Election there was a big doings in town. There was a Retired Officer from Green County Sheriff Department running for Sheriff in our county. I knew him so we was talking. I had a person, literally pull me away from him, told me not to be talking to him because he wasn't one of ours. It was in its own way funny but in reality it wasn't funny.

Things are changing but still very much the same. Just whispers now.

brushrunner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 11:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,208 times
I’m a Black female dating a White male and I love Missouri.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:47 AM

160 posts, read 173,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Oh well, keeps more democrats from coming to Missouri. Fine with me.
What's WRONG with Democrats??????

Old 01-20-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Luscious Chocolate View Post
I’m a Black female dating a White male and I love Missouri.
You must obviously be in the "city" My partner is white and I am multiracial (albeit dark-skinned, I have reddish hair and hazel eyes) My white partner is FROM a German-American family from Cape Girardeau and I've been told nothing but tales of serious racism. Mind you, if you go into the Encyclopaedia of Arkansas, an article supports the notion that the Missouri Bootheel is blatantly and unfathomably RACIST. Don't venture out into small towns...just don't if you're going to look for a quiet place to live with your partner. Only go as a tourist and don't remain too long.

Sooo, about your white boyfriend: How long have y'all been together? Where is he from? Was he raised around Blacks? What's his family like? Is he the type to ask to marry you? ASk me why I ask these questions.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:58 AM

NAACP warning? All in all, the NAACP is NOT a threat but a pillar of strength for a marginalized racial community. If you don't appreciate what they stand for, them RELOCATE to an entirely non-black part of the U.S (yes, those places exist) and you won't ever have to see them calling out the injustices.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:31 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,301,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkieFam View Post
What's WRONG with Democrats??????
The better question- What’s NOT wrong with dems?

Old 01-20-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
The better question- What’s NOT wrong with dems?
Why don't you try explaining why there needs to be a warning for the NAACP

Old 01-20-2018, 04:49 PM

This is a troll tread and I well not encourage the ignorance on this venue

Old 01-21-2018, 12:22 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,301,645 times
Quote:
Why don't you try explaining why there needs to be a warning for the NAACP
Doesn’t need to be one

Old 01-24-2018, 10:36 AM

2,122 posts, read 3,655,700 times
Quote:
You must obviously be in the "city" My partner is white and I am multiracial (albeit dark-skinned, I have reddish hair and hazel eyes) My white partner is FROM a German-American family from Cape Girardeau and I've been told nothing but tales of serious racism. Mind you, if you go into the Encyclopaedia of Arkansas, an article supports the notion that the Missouri Bootheel is blatantly and unfathomably RACIST. Don't venture out into small towns...just don't if you're going to look for a quiet place to live with your partner. Only go as a tourist and don't remain too long.

Sooo, about your white boyfriend: How long have y'all been together? Where is he from? Was he raised around Blacks? What's his family like? Is he the type to ask to marry you? ASk me why I ask these questions.
Nonsense. I grew up near Cape Girardeau & it doesn't seem any more or less racist than anywhere else. And the article you refer to is talking about the 1920's for crying out loud. Virtually every part of the country was racist in the 1920's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri