Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 10:15 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,531,465 times

Advertisements

Governor Greiten has been accused of an extramarital affair before running as governor. KMOV St. Louis broke the story just tonight and I have yet to actually find an article on their website. I will update this when I do.
Update: http://www.kmov.com/story/37240190/g...marital-affair

Last edited by Soccernerd; 01-10-2018 at 10:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 10:56 AM

3,821 posts, read 3,251,431 times
The blackmail part and other parts of it sound like simply BS. From what I've read on other sites what people posted, she actually is a democrap opp.

Also ironic the story breaks right after state of the state. You know the media has agendas. This is the latest thing with Republicans they "break" the story or make accusations right before a big race and time it perfectly. Just like James Comey deciding not to recommend charges right before the election hoping to salvage Hillary.

It's now getting to the point that all these accusations being thrown at men the last couple months are going to eventually back fire on the feminist who make false claims or fabricate something into more.

Roy Moore is another thing. Even without those accusations he liked his women young he wasn't a very strong candidate in the first place. Even when he was elected as judge they were not mega huge margins and he was slowly losing popularity in AL.

I don't give a sh** who politicians nail. As long as it doesn't affect their job.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:10 AM

19,639 posts, read 9,957,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
The blackmail part and other parts of it sound like simply BS. From what I've read on other sites what people posted, she actually is a democrap opp.

Also ironic the story breaks right after state of the state. You know the media has agendas. This is the latest thing with Republicans they "break" the story or make accusations right before a big race and time it perfectly. Just like James Comey deciding not to recommend charges right before the election hoping to salvage Hillary.

It's now getting to the point that all these accusations being thrown at men the last couple months are going to eventually back fire on the feminist who make false claims or fabricate something into more.

Roy Moore is another thing. Even without those accusations he liked his women young he wasn't a very strong candidate in the first place. Even when he was elected as judge they were not mega huge margins and he was slowly losing popularity in AL.

I don't give a sh** who politicians nail. As long as it doesn't affect their job.
Greitens was a Democrat and an Obama supporter in 2008.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Greitens was a Democrat and an Obama supporter in 2008.
Correct. I was never big on him. Some say democraps voted in the primary for him thinking he was the weaker candidate and turned out he won anyway.

Chances are slim he is impeached, but I'm sure there are some in Jefferson City in the Republican party that would love to do so in order to install the far more conservative Mike Parson as governor.

Parson appeals to the Republican base more. People voted for Greitens simply because he didn't have a (D) next to his name.

Parson would be more to the right.

I wouldn't mind seeing Matt Blunt run for a second term if Greitens doesn't run again because of this. He was a great governor. However, Blunt has a really high paying job as a lobbyist now so I very much doubt he would leave that.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:58 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,696,479 times
Quote:
democraps....
And people wonder why conservatives are looked down on by democrats. Not to mention our president who is constantly name calling like he's 12 years old. Grow up and stop using terms like democraps.

I don't know much about this, but who cares about people's personal lives. Care about what he will do to fix the roads in Missouri, fund education, make the state more economically competitive, reduce crime and blight etc, not what they do with their private sex lives.

For the record, I think he should resign. But Missouri blindly voted for him, just like Kansas voted for Brownback and you both voted for Trump. You get what you deserve.

Old 01-11-2018, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
And people wonder why conservatives are looked down on by democrats. Not to mention our president who is constantly name calling like he's 12 years old. Grow up and stop using terms like democraps.

I don't know much about this, but who cares about people's personal lives. Care about what he will do to fix the roads in Missouri, fund education, make the state more economically competitive, reduce crime and blight etc, not what they do with their private sex lives.

For the record, I think he should resign. But Missouri blindly voted for him, just like Kansas voted for Brownback and you both voted for Trump. You get what you deserve.
Greitens also doesn't sexually harass women, and overall he seems like a likeable guy and personality wise. Compared to Trump for example who has a totally different personality.

I vote Republican but don't give two ****s about who Slick Willie sticks his pecker in and that impeachment was pretty weak. It didn't affect him at all. People still loved him the entire time and he was still popular.

I don't think Greitens should resign.

Personally, yea I would rather see Mike Parson as governor because he is further to the right unlike Greitens who seems more moderate since after all he was a democrat once.

Thinking about it, Greitens will probably be re-elected. Unless someone like an Obama comes along who energizes democrats to come to the polls to vote, he should win.

If Obama wasn't running, Blunt probably would have ran for a second term and won. Being an incumbent. Remember, the Blunt name is popular in Missouri. Obama got a high turnout in 2008 hence why it was close in Missouri and the turnout helped Nixon and also Nixon was running against a congressman from a rural area of MO most didn't know about.

Nixon won re-election in part to that joker Spence who ran against him in 2012. That was simply a farce to run a guy like him and was a joke. I think he still got 43 percent of the vote though. If they would have had a solid candidate, they might have narrowly knocked Nixon off.

Greitens would have got more votes if he was running against a liberal democrap. Chris Koster is considered conservative for a democrat and claimed pro gun which helped him get a lot of votes still and he said he supported permit less carry.

If Koster ran on a McCaskill or Pelosi platform he wouldn't stand a chance in Missouri.

I think they learned a lesson with One Term Bob who lost his parties primaries despite being the incumbent. Almost everyone points to One Term Bob's veto of concealed carry and removing the confederate flags as a factor. A number of democrats joined the Republicans to override his ccw veto. People in the democrat party warned One Term Bob to not veto the concealed carry bill and what did he do? He vetoed it.

I don't think you will see an openly liberal, anti gunner run for Missouri governor anymore. Especially since gun control is a losing point in Missouri. When SB 656 was up for veto override debate and originally passed. reps and senators were getting hammered with phone calls, emails and office visits demanding that the bill be passed. Ryan Silvey, a moderate Republican senator from Kansas City said the calls and emails he got from people in his area where overwhelming in favor of passing the bill and hardly anyone against it. Hence he said he doesn't believe the demanding Mom's lies.

Btw Missouri could have had concealed carry passed in 1985. The support in the capital was there but the NRA wasn't interested in passing a bill. 1992 shall issue ccw also very nearly passed. If it wasn't for the courthouse shooting in Clayton it would have narrowly passed the senate and been sent to ********. It also had a lot of bi-partisan support.

Gun ranges and gun shops keep popping up all over in Stl county and business is well. Outride of stl city and KC Missouri is a pro gun state.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:05 PM

138 posts, read 149,563 times
Quote:
Greitens also doesn't sexually harass women, and overall he seems like a likeable guy and personality wise. Compared to Trump for example who has a totally different personality.

I vote Republican but don't give two ****s about who Slick Willie sticks his pecker in and that impeachment was pretty weak. It didn't affect him at all. People still loved him the entire time and he was still popular.

I don't think Greitens should resign.

Personally, yea I would rather see Mike Parson as governor because he is further to the right unlike Greitens who seems more moderate since after all he was a democrat once.

Thinking about it, Greitens will probably be re-elected. Unless someone like an Obama comes along who energizes democrats to come to the polls to vote, he should win.

If Obama wasn't running, Blunt probably would have ran for a second term and won. Being an incumbent. Remember, the Blunt name is popular in Missouri. Obama got a high turnout in 2008 hence why it was close in Missouri and the turnout helped Nixon and also Nixon was running against a congressman from a rural area of MO most didn't know about.

Nixon won re-election in part to that joker Spence who ran against him in 2012. That was simply a farce to run a guy like him and was a joke. I think he still got 43 percent of the vote though. If they would have had a solid candidate, they might have narrowly knocked Nixon off.

Greitens would have got more votes if he was running against a liberal democrap. Chris Koster is considered conservative for a democrat and claimed pro gun which helped him get a lot of votes still and he said he supported permit less carry.

If Koster ran on a McCaskill or Pelosi platform he wouldn't stand a chance in Missouri.

I think they learned a lesson with One Term Bob who lost his parties primaries despite being the incumbent. Almost everyone points to One Term Bob's veto of concealed carry and removing the confederate flags as a factor. A number of democrats joined the Republicans to override his ccw veto. People in the democrat party warned One Term Bob to not veto the concealed carry bill and what did he do? He vetoed it.

I don't think you will see an openly liberal, anti gunner run for Missouri governor anymore. Especially since gun control is a losing point in Missouri. When SB 656 was up for veto override debate and originally passed. reps and senators were getting hammered with phone calls, emails and office visits demanding that the bill be passed. Ryan Silvey, a moderate Republican senator from Kansas City said the calls and emails he got from people in his area where overwhelming in favor of passing the bill and hardly anyone against it. Hence he said he doesn't believe the demanding Mom's lies.

Btw Missouri could have had concealed carry passed in 1985. The support in the capital was there but the NRA wasn't interested in passing a bill. 1992 shall issue ccw also very nearly passed. If it wasn't for the courthouse shooting in Clayton it would have narrowly passed the senate and been sent to ********. It also had a lot of bi-partisan support.

Gun ranges and gun shops keep popping up all over in Stl county and business is well. Outride of stl city and KC Missouri is a pro gun state.

I’m pro-gun, but Republicans enjoy destroying economies. The gun business might be booming, but Greitens is going to do a lot of harm to the Missouri economy. You know why? He doesn’t care about Missouri. He has national ambitions. He wants to govern as far to the right as possible (even if he’s personally moderate), throw out right wing talking points and paint himself as an “outsider” as much as possible so he can basically be Donald Trump 2.0. Right wingers eat up that “outsider” stuff like crazy, even if it’s coming from an obvious snake oil salesman. These people like Greitens and Trump are lifelong liberals/moderates who are realizing it’s cake to win a GOP election by just throwing out red meat to the electorate. GOP base has become so angry that they’re easily swayed by anyone pretending to be an outsider.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanfze55 View Post
I’m pro-gun, but Republicans enjoy destroying economies. The gun business might be booming, but Greitens is going to do a lot of harm to the Missouri economy. You know why? He doesn’t care about Missouri. He has national ambitions. He wants to govern as far to the right as possible (even if he’s personally moderate), throw out right wing talking points and paint himself as an “outsider” as much as possible so he can basically be Donald Trump 2.0. Right wingers eat up that “outsider” stuff like crazy, even if it’s coming from an obvious snake oil salesman. These people like Greitens and Trump are lifelong liberals/moderates who are realizing it’s cake to win a GOP election by just throwing out red meat to the electorate. GOP base has become so angry that they’re easily swayed by anyone pretending to be an outsider.
Well Greitens is hated by a lot of Republicans in Jeff City who are more to the right. I don't seem him being that far to the right.

The gun free zone bill to allow carry in places like schools, stadiums, public buildings etc. is probably going to pass the session. The question is if GReitens would even sign it. Minus the goofy campaign ads he hardly talks about guns. I think he would consider vetoing it.

Many republicans would love to see Mike Parson be the governor. They know what they get in him and would easily be able to pass stuff. Parson would also sign any pro gun bill as well.

I can see Greitens vetoing HB 1936 Jered Taylor just submitted. Remember the GA republican vetoed campus carry 2 years ago.

I would have loved to seen Peter Kinder be governor though. True conservative and 110 percent pro gun.

I won't disagree with Greitens wanting to be in a higher office like president, VP or senate. Most of these guys though have big egos anyway. You have to be a narcissist to get into high office.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:33 PM

138 posts, read 149,563 times
Quote:
Well Greitens is hated by a lot of Republicans in Jeff City who are more to the right. I don't seem him being that far to the right.

The gun free zone bill to allow carry in places like schools, stadiums, public buildings etc. is probably going to pass the session. The question is if GReitens would even sign it. Minus the goofy campaign ads he hardly talks about guns. I think he would consider vetoing it.

Many republicans would love to see Mike Parson be the governor. They know what they get in him and would easily be able to pass stuff. Parson would also sign any pro gun bill as well.

I can see Greitens vetoing HB 1936 Jered Taylor just submitted. Remember the GA republican vetoed campus carry 2 years ago.

I would have loved to seen Peter Kinder be governor though. True conservative and 110 percent pro gun.

I won't disagree with Greitens wanting to be in a higher office like president, VP or senate. Most of these guys though have big egos anyway. You have to be a narcissist to get into high office.

Do you vote almost exclusively based on gun issues?

Old 01-11-2018, 02:58 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,531,465 times
I don’t care what people do in their personal lives. I do care if it was coercive or wasn’t consensual.

I think it is dishonest that he ran on a platform that supports "family values" but going around having an affair. But nobody's perfect. He’ll be investigated for the blackmail. This story just broke last night so it’s too early to predict what will happen.

I also found it was interesting that he immediately fessed up to it. They’re obviously on damage control and trying to prevent this from affecting his national ambitions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri