Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2018, 06:56 PM

9,352 posts, read 19,969,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
The democraps picked some random tramp to pay off to make up BS. Again. What about all the lawsuits and such Clinton faced and he was still elected President.

was he ever credibly accused of physical assault??

and why is it that the only people I see in THIS forum using derogatory and insulting names, ie: democraps and *******s to start with, are the right wingers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Isn't it time for the GOP to just come out and openly embrace it's love for rape culture? Known or suspected assault of women is darn near pre-requisite for GOP membership these days. I hope women show up in big numbers this November.

oh, we will.......

Quote:
What about slick willie?

what about him?? were you even born then??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyover_Country View Post
This is the Double Standard. Different rules definitely apply to Democrats vs. Republicans. Something that is a complete non-issue if a Democrat does it is a fatal career-ending issue if a Republican is even very flimsily accused of doing it. Cory Booker can write about himself groping a drunk girl in a newspaper column and it's a non-issue, and in fact he can even lead the chorus of outcry against Judge Kavanaugh since there is a completely uncorroborated and factually incomplete accusation about Kavanaugh doing the same thing as Booker did. Yet Kavanaugh is supposed to step aside while Booker, the self-admitted drunk girl groper, gets a complete pass. Ditto with Hillary Clinton actually colluding with the Russians to produce a fake dossier to get a fraudulent FISA warrant to spy on the Trump campaign, but she gets a pass and it's Trump that's under Mueller's witch hunt for "Russia collusion" because he won an election that Hillary thought she should have won because she was owed it.

Cory Booker voluntarily fessed up to his bad behavior LOOOONNNNGGGG before it ever became public..... AND used it as an example of how said bad behavior is accepted by the "macho" as boys will be boys..... I am a few years older than Kavanaugh and his accuser and well remember how attitudes were back in the day...... I for one am GLAD that the young women coming up today will not have to tolerate what we did........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2018, 12:15 AM

3,825 posts, read 3,280,270 times
It's like down here in Floriduh the Republicans and Desantis have thrown in the towel. The last couple weeks you don't hear about him much or see as many print and TV ads and he's not out and about a lot unlike Andrew Gillum.

It makes me wonder due to him slipping in the polls and if the internal, non public polling is showing bad numbers for him that the Republicans are throwing in the towel in the race and putting the money in places like Texas and Arizona to try and save those senate seats now.

Again just an observation I'm seeing.

Similar to 2012 with Mitt Romney and in 2012 with Dave Spence for governor. Romney and Spence were simply warm bodies put in place that had virtually no chance of winning the election.

One problem is Gillum is talking more about the working class voter, while DeSantis basically talks about cutting out slush funds and other stuff no one knows or cares much about.

Adam Putnam was the better choice. Smarter, and Putnam is proven to be pro gun. He did everything possible to make it easier to get a FL concealed carry permit since we can't get constitutional carry here.

I see DeSantis getting trounced possibly up to 10 points. Independents will vote for Gillum.

Florida isn't like Missouri which outside of KC and Stl, and the small island of Columbia, is deep red. FL just isn't deep red like Missouri. You got a lot more non whites and liberals down here. In Missouri they still run moderate democrats for governor hence how Nixon won, and Koster came within 6 points. Here in FL we get fruit loop far left democrats.

If Andrew Gillum was running for governor of Missouri it would be a blow out. Also hate to say it because he's black hardly anyone in the Ozarks or rural Missouri would vote for him.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:48 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,719,387 times
[quote=latetotheparty;53210174]was he ever credibly accused of physical assault??

Bill Clinton was accused of raping Juanita Broaddrick.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:57 AM

662 posts, read 1,222,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post

Cory Booker voluntarily fessed up to his bad behavior LOOOONNNNGGGG before it ever became public..... AND used it as an example of how said bad behavior is accepted by the "macho" as boys will be boys..... I am a few years older than Kavanaugh and his accuser and well remember how attitudes were back in the day...... I for one am GLAD that the young women coming up today will not have to tolerate what we did........

Cory Booker published his groping story in a newspaper, which made it public. I think you are confusing "before it ever became public" with "before it became widely publicized."

A Republican who did what Booker did but apologized for it in a newspaper article would never be given a pass by the Democrats like they are giving Booker. The whole Kavanaugh episode shows that in spades, a mere evidence-free accusation of doing what Booker actually admitted to doing is a fatal flaw for a Republican.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:21 AM

914 posts, read 2,193,707 times
I want to see Claire's high school yearbook. I want testimony from those who attended parties with her (in the 60's - must have been some good ones!). I want to hear from the men she dated. And then it all needs to be investigated by the FBI.

Until we get this, it is only reasonable to expect Sen. McCaskill to step down while these issues remain unresolved. She is currently being permitted to vote on issues of national and international scope even though we have no information on her drinking habits back then!

Old 09-29-2018, 07:36 PM

7,442 posts, read 6,976,053 times
Default New Missouri poll post-Kavanaugh....

New Missouri Poll Post Kavanaugh: Hawley 48% McCaskill 46%

Old 09-30-2018, 04:09 PM

Yea, the polls slowly and gradually have been tilting towards Hawley as of late. Still close.

Anyway, the opposite here in FL. Nelson seems to be pulling ahead now and Gillum is starting to run away with this.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:13 PM

20,756 posts, read 9,378,342 times
Has anyone beside me been noticing that, during the Royals games, we're getting ads for Mike Braun - senate candidate for Indiana?!?!?!

Old 09-30-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Has anyone beside me been noticing that, during the Royals games, we're getting ads for Mike Braun - senate candidate for Indiana?!?!?!
There is a reason for that. Fox Sports Midwest has two sub stations Fox Sports Kansas City and Fox Sports Indiana which are part of fox Sports Midwest. That is likely why you saw that ad if Fox Sports Indiana is broadcasting the Royals game since they don't have an MLB team. I know Fox Sports Indiana shows Red games at times.

that's likely why you saw his ad. I guess when purchasing ad space it gets shown on the other sub networks or something or forced to purchase it for all three. I dunno.

Fox Sports Indiana will also show Blues games as well I think. Which is Odd since Columbus is closer to them than St. Louis.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:23 PM

7,442 posts, read 6,976,053 times
Quote:
Yea, the polls slowly and gradually have been tilting towards Hawley as of late. Still close.

Anyway, the opposite here in FL. Nelson seems to be pulling ahead now and Gillum is starting to run away with this.
I'm not making any predictions. I'n my moderately affluent suburb of STL all you see are McCaskill signs for the most part. And the Cort guy running against Ann Wagner. But of course that was the case with Trump too. Hillary carried STL county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri