Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 04:55 PM

3,825 posts, read 3,280,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM66 View Post
I think it's too early to predict what will happen to McCaskill. There is an ominous cloud hanging over this election: Robert Mueller is expected to release his final report around Sept. 1--only two months before the election. That will probably be a bombshell (more like a nuclear bomb). Mueller will probably find that Trump committed an impeachable offense. This mid-term election will probably be turned into a referendum on Trump. If Congress fails to deal with Trump immediately, there will probably be a massive blue tidal wave across the country.

I think Congress is anticipating this: Look at all of the Republicans who are retiring or standing down for this election, including Paul Ryan. They will not be beholden to the voters this November. They're free agents who can easily vote for impeachment without facing the wrath of the voters. One of the worst kept secrets in Washington is that many of these GOP congressmen despise Trump, so it will take little to convince them to take Trump out the door with them.

So the big question is not if Claire will win re-election, it's whether Trump will survive the mid-term election.

Tonight we might have got a taste of what is coming. My Missouri Senate district in Clay County held a special election: The Democrat (Lauren Arthur) kicked the Republican's butt by more than 20 points. (Yes, I voted for Arthur. ) The Democrats picked up a seat in the Missouri Senate today.

There was an interesting quote in the Kansas City Star article about the election

A Missouri Republican consultant, who asked for anonymity to speak candidly, said in a text message that "Every suburban Republican should be petrified tonight. This devastating loss signals they could lose this fall."

Clay County voters choose Democrat Arthur in special election | The Kansas City Star
Mike Cierpoit won last Nov by about 8 points over Hillary Shields and that was when republicans and Trump had a lower rating than they do right now. A suburban district and he had Turk splitting the vote and many thought he would lose the election because of Turk.

One factor a lot of people fail to mention is the Ford plant that is in that district that employs 7,500 people and is union. Union workers generally have high voter turnout and IMO that was a huge factor in this election, especially with the super low turnout this election had.

Overall, district 17 goes either way and votes for both democrats and Republicans. They voted Jason Kander by 11 points, and supported Claire as well. Trump and Romney didn't win the two districts by a wide margin and they voted Chris Koster over Greitens.

The first time Silvey ran on 2012 the election was pretty close and only separated by a few thousands votes. he was the incumbent in 2016 hence why he won so big. Incumbents usually don't lose.

The Russia thing is BS. Hillary Klinton is a cry baby and sore loser. There is a reason she only won the very liberal states.

Besides, the US interferes in other countries affairs more than anyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 10:09 PM

My big thing with her is how easily Claire hoodwinks the low information voters.

For years, even before she was US senator she always says one thing to sound like a conservative leaning democrat, BUT then goes ahead and votes with Obama and all the other Democrats and the voters fall for it each time.

Remember when she ran for governor she said her grandfather would hit her with a 2x4 if she was anti gun LOL?

Then she goes ahead and supports anti gun stuff and in her form letters if you write her responds anti.

concealed carry was the main reason she too lost in 2004 though. One Term Bob was warned by Democrats to NOT veto the ccw bill because it would cost him and of course he did it anyway. That was part of the reason he was a one term governor. Many in his own party voted for Claire in the primary because of that. Also he vetoed an abortion bill too which cost him.

I use the low information term because lets face it many voters are swayed by the media and campaign advertisements which shows how gullible most people are.

Same thing with Jason Kander.

Kander tried to sound really moderate and did that ad with the AR15. The gun skills likely got pro gunners to vote for him.

Same thing with Greitens before the primary did that over the top ad.

When in reality pro gunners and conservatives if they actually did their research would have voted for Peter Kinder for governor. Of course as I said I suspect democrats meddled in the primary thinking Greitens was the weakest link.

If Kinder or Hathaway were governor of Missouri right now you wouldn't have this mess to clean up that the joker Greitens caused. Even though it was a hit job on Greitens, Kinder was the best choice.

Also, Peter Kinder has a proven track record of being staunch pro gun and was a huge help in the passage of ccw. But no, many thought Greitens was the best because of his two gun ads. This despite many times Greitens would dodge the questions regarding the right to bear arms.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:49 PM

19,687 posts, read 10,015,636 times
People were just guessing. Greitens was a former Obama Demo.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
People were just guessing. Greitens was a former Obama Demo.
Yep. I do think he changed to an extend but certainly is no Matt Blunt or Mike Parson or Peter Kinder. He's more to the center than them.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:45 PM

LOL. Missouri is such a vast and HUGE state she has to use a plane for campaigning in the state when she's supposed to be doing it via an RV.

The RV has also caused her to break an Ipad as well.

Trump called her out on it yesterday and Trump still remains popular in MO as well. Hopefully trump keeps on hammering away.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...rv-trip-641674

Old 06-18-2018, 08:13 AM

20,757 posts, read 9,378,342 times
New poll has McCaskill up by 6:
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...ri-senate-race

Old 06-18-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I'm not shocked in a way. I really do think the comments he made about the governor angered some of the hardcore supporters of Greitens as a railroad job on him.

If Greitens enters the senate race as an independent then I think McCaskill wins because he will split the vote.

Yes, there are rumors Greitens will enter the race and get 10,000 sigs for it. I'm sure the democrats will love to sign it and get him into the race.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:55 AM

19,687 posts, read 10,015,636 times
Hawley is supporting the tariffs which are costing farmers' millions. Soybean prices are 20% below what they were. That is going to hurt him in Missouri.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:38 PM

435 posts, read 174,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Hawley is supporting the tariffs which are costing farmers' millions. Soybean prices are 20% below what they were. That is going to hurt him in Missouri.
He also proved himself to be kind of like Ted Cruz, acting like he was Danforth values republican to become AG, less than a year into that job he decides to run for Senate turning his back on Danforth to beg Steve Bannon for support and then finally embracing Trump. It will certainly get him the Trump vote, but i think in the end, it just demonstrates that he is an empty vessel who will say anything to get to the next level. It is why Ted Cruz is facing a tougher battle than he should be in Texas.

McCaskill is bad too in my opinion, but the GOP congress refuses to do their job of oversight of this president so they leave me no choice but to vote for her.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:35 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,185,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Akin would have won but I think it would have been fairly close still. I mean 5 or fewer points but he would have won.

The democraps are just plain dirty in their games with paying off people to make "accusations" and also even if Roy Moore did hit on 16, 17 yr olds at the mall like was claimed, it isn't illegal in AL. Even though legal it's a big creepy yes when you're thirty, but honestly a lot of 30 yr old guys would hookup with a 17 yr old if they were into them and was legal in their state and not considered creepy like it is today. Face it guys are attracted to cute girls who are younger.

70 years ago that was not frowned up and was considered normal especially in evangelical type states for women to marry very young even to guys a bit older than them.

The 14 yr old story was totally BS I think. Like I said it is a bit creepy in todays terms, but it's not like those girls at the mall were Dateline to Catch a Predator 13 yr old ages which is sick.

I think Peter Kinder would make a great choice BUT I wouldn't want him in the senate because then he won't be a future governor of Missouri. I wanted Kinder to be the governor.

A lot of democraps meddled in the primaries thinking Greitens would been weaker. If MO primaries were closed I think Kinder would have won that contest.

Kinder is a true conservative AND he is proven to be 110 percent pro gun and helped get ccw passed. Also has less baggage and has never been married and has experience and overall was popular.

Greitens won because he has a R next to his name in the general election and he did ads shooting the AR15 and the machine gun which of course got the pro gunners are fired up. Still better than Chris Koster though. D name is just too toxic.

Also the Greitens BS, I think it's starting to run its course and blow over now. You don't even hear about it in the news a lot.

I think Trumps approval goes up more as well once the economy continues to improve and he will win a second term. Personally, I can see Greitens winning a second term unless a conservative type democrat like Chris Koster runs again who is pro gun or claims to be.

I really think the veto of SB 656 hurt Chris Koster. During the veto override and weeks leading up to the original passage, reps and senators from all over Missouri were getting emails and phonecalls, visits from their people demanding that SB 656 be passed and clogging up the capital phones I hear. Ryan Silvey a KC area senator said he was getting overwhelming support from his people demanding it be passed and very few against it. Hence why he thinks the Demanding Mom's lies and polls are misleading.

Remember when One Term Bob vetoed ccw in 2003 and took the Battle Flags down and vetoed abortion bill that he lost in the primary to Claire which is unheard of. Many democrats blame vetoing ccw for it. Many democrats tried to warn One Term Bob to NOT veto ccw but he didn't listen. A good number of democrats also voted with the republicans to override one term bob on that veto.

Why do repub's always call names? Your boy roy is a pervert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri