Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 11:25 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,342,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
There's a high school in Essex, MO called the Richland Rebels.
Yep, knew about that one. There is one in the lead belt region as well that had the theme too but can't think of it.

Again in Southeast Missouri, and the Ozarks it wouldn't surprise me though.

The Ozarks in general of Arkansas and Missouri were split during the civil war. Notice these areas along with Eastern TN, and northeast Georgia flipped republican before the rest of the south did. Northwest, north central AR, MO Ozarks and eastern TN, NE Georgia went republican in the late 50s.

After the civil war however, most blacks were ran out of these areas. There is even books about the Ozarks of southwest, south central Missouri and northern Arkansas and what happened after the civil war. You don't see many blacks in the Ozarks of southern Missouri and Arkansas even today, especially SWMO and NW AR.

Some areas of the Ozarks were heavily pro confederate though such as Ripley and Oregon County for example very pro confederate and parts of SWMO as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 11:16 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,342,083 times
Pro-Confederate rally held in Boonville on I-70

Booneville as well as in other areas of the state rallies were held over the weekend.

This article shows yet another moron doesn't know what the Missouri Confederate Battle (Roman Cross) is. Call it one of the flags white supremacist use.

Booneville is another area fairly far north in the state that still has noticeable southern influences.

No other state in the Midwest to you see events like this.

Old 03-16-2018, 05:23 PM

8 posts, read 21,143 times
In all honesty, you'll be fine. I'm from Hawaii, as brown as can be, especially in summer. I've been in the backwoods, backroads, back everything by myself. Always meeting and crossing paths with other Missourians. Talk about aloha from Hawaii...no comparison to the "you should come on down to my home" I get whenever I meet someone in the sticks. I like talking to the locals here! Reminds me of the old folks around the area where I grew up. Maybe that's why I like it here. My neighbor is in the American Conservative whatever. From what they talk about, sounds like a white nationalist thing. It's his right and I respect that. Family comes to my place to eat and talk. I go to his vice-versa. He's cool, helps me out and vice versa. One day he told me that I can and should stay. I told him "Who the hell are you??? The local immigration? Remember, I'm prior service, declared allegiance to the U.S., and not white...enemy all the way around!" He just laughed and shaked his head.

Last edited by Pohaku; 03-16-2018 at 05:43 PM.. Reason: add

Old 03-21-2018, 01:36 AM

8 posts, read 19,425 times
Could you please tell about your experience after you have taken the trip to here?

Old 04-02-2018, 10:22 AM

6 posts, read 5,837 times
People around Farmington are very nice for the most part. You won't have any trouble, I'm sure!

Old 04-27-2018, 08:02 PM

3 posts, read 5,258 times
Trip was good, just like any other small town. Thanks for all the responses!

Old 04-28-2018, 06:26 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGuy1 View Post
Thanks for coming back and being honest about what you observed.

Old 04-28-2018, 02:28 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
There's a high school in Essex, MO called the Richland Rebels.
Yeah and 90% of the kids going there couldn't tell you why the school is named that, nor a major figure of the civil war besides Abraham Lincoln.

Old 04-28-2018, 02:29 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGuy1 View Post
What did you learn about media propaganda and stereotyping from this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri