Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 03:52 PM

16 posts, read 57,836 times

Advertisements

Hi! Can anyone tell me something about Hartville and the surrounding area? I have tried to do a search, but nothing comes up except for this site. My husband possibly has an interview at the school there.

Thanks!
Kris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 04:10 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,480,572 times
There's a school in Hartville??? I know there's a biblical college in Marshfield, but I've never heard of anything in Hartville.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:13 PM

Yep! Small community I know.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:16 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,480,572 times
What school is it?

Wikipedia says there's 607 people living there. I have a friend whose family lives in Cabool, so I know a bit about the area, but not much. I suspect there are others who could offer more help than me!

Old 04-08-2008, 04:39 PM

It is the Hartville Elementary School.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:03 PM

93 posts, read 304,368 times
I don't know if you came across this website, but it does have some school and local area information you might find helpful : Wright County Missouri - Quality of life in Wright County Missouri (http://www.wrightcountymo.com/life.htm#educ - broken link)

Old 04-08-2008, 06:32 PM

938 posts, read 3,492,429 times
Hartville also has a middle and high school. It is the county seat of Wright County. I'm not as familiar with the area as others in South Central Missouri, but I'll write what I do know. Wright County is a rural and fairly scenic county, and the main economy is cattle farming in the area, and as a result the county is pretty open and has a lot of pasture land. Hartville is the county seat of the county, and the county also has Mansfield (~1300 people) and Mountain Grove (~4000 people). Mountain Grove has a Wal Mart supercenter and a few other places to shop. It is also fairly close to Springfield. The Gasconade River begins in Hartville, which supposedly has some really good smallmouth bass fishing. The water quality isn't as good as some of the other rivers in the area (North Fork, Jack's Fork, Current, Eleven Point) but I'm sure its still good for floating. I'm sure Hartville and the surrounding area is like the Ozarks in general...scenic, with friendly people, and pretty rural.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:31 AM

419 posts, read 1,177,773 times
I worked in an office there probably 20 years ago. The people are friendly but cliquish. The school is a very big deal and the community revolves around it. If your husband is a good teacher, he will be treated like a star. We went back there for a funeral a few months ago and it felt (as it always has to me) as though I was going back in time to the 40's. It just has that aura about it.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:11 AM

26 posts, read 91,066 times
Hartville just now has a population of 607. Has newer school...and people are very freindly. I live between Hartville and Mansfield...and absolutely love it. Will more then miss it when my house sells and I move to ORegon. Its sooooooooooo quiet and peaceful out here where I live its litterally GODS country.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:35 AM

774 posts, read 1,412,616 times
Have only driven through Hartville a couple of times. It seems like a very nice quaint little community. The last time we went through hubby got stopped for speeding!!! But we were coming into town and he just didn't get slowed enough for the cop (who told us that Hartville is known as a speed-trap). He didn't give us a ticket and was real friendly.
I have wanted to stop and check out the town but it seems we are always on our way somewhere else when we go through there.
I think you would enjoy the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri